|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur died in what year?
2. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long camping trip.
(b) A three-week long cruise.
(c) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(d) A three-week long fishing trip.
3. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) The dog.
(b) A servant.
(c) A slave.
(d) A priest.
4. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(b) Barrie lowered her salary.
(c) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
(d) Barrie gave her more work to do.
5. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
(a) Be happier than.
(b) Not be as happy as.
(c) Angry with.
(d) Be as happy as.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
2. What happened to Sylvia?
3. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
4. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
5. Barrie continues to take Nico and Michael to _________________ for their annual fishing holiday.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
2. How does Chapter 13 begin?
3. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
4. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
5. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
6. What happened to Sylvia?
7. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
8. How does Chapter 14 begin?
9. How is Barrie now able to spend time developing a play? What is the title of this play?
10. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)