|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
2. Should it have come as a surprise when it was discovered that Mary was having an affair?
(a) Most likely.
3. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
(b) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(c) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
(d) He missed him.
4. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The maid.
(b) Neighbor's daughter.
(c) Mary's sister.
(d) The nanny.
5. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
(b) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
(c) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(d) Either she returns home or the resigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
2. To what was this organization dedicated?
3. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
4. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
5. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
2. What did Barrie think of Mary and Cannan at this time?
3. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
4. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
5. How does Chapter 13 begin?
6. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
7. How does Arthur become ill?
8. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
9. How is Barrie now able to spend time developing a play? What is the title of this play?
10. How were the Davies affected by Arthur's death?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)