|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She died.
(b) She had a panic attack.
(c) She suffered a miscarriage.
(d) She became ill.
2. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A priest.
(b) The dog.
(c) A slave.
(d) A servant.
3. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) She was too weak.
(b) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(c) She did not believe in surgery.
(d) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
4. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He took it.
(c) He refused it.
(d) Someone else took it.
5. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A computer.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A stenography machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
2. Should it have come as a surprise when it was discovered that Mary was having an affair?
3. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
4. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
5. He often referred to Mary as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
2. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
3. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
4. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
5. What happened to Sylvia?
6. How does Chapter 13 begin?
7. How did Arthur die?
8. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
9. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
10. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)