|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
(a) She underwent surgery.
(b) She went into remission.
(c) She died.
(d) She recovered.
2. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A servant.
(b) The dog.
(c) A slave.
(d) A priest.
3. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(b) Only after many tests.
(c) Only at first.
4. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) Mary Ansell.
(b) Sylvia Davies.
(c) Arthur Davies.
(d) James Barrie.
5. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In his parents' home.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
2. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
3. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
4. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
5. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
2. How did Barrie surprise the Davies after the summer of 1908?
3. Describe the Davies' new home.
4. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
5. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
6. How does Chapter 13 begin?
7. How were the Davies affected by Arthur's death?
8. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
9. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
10. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)