|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Lusitania sink?
(a) November 7, 1915.
(b) June 7, 1915.
(c) May 7, 1915.
(d) September 7, 1915.
2. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A priest.
(b) The dog.
(c) A slave.
(d) A servant.
3. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A computer.
(c) A stenography machine.
(d) A fountain pen.
4. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long cruise.
(b) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(c) A three-week long fishing trip.
(d) A three-week long camping trip.
5. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
(a) He had drowned in the Thames while bathing.
(b) He had run away from school.
(c) He had committed suicide.
(d) He had eloped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
2. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
3. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
4. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
5. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
2. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
3. What did Barrie think of Mary and Cannan at this time?
4. How does Chapter 14 begin?
5. How does Arthur become ill?
6. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
7. What takes place between Mary and Gilbert Cannan?
8. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
9. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
10. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)