|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
(a) Put the boys in an orphanage.
(b) Send the boys to school.
(c) Divide the boys up among relatives.
(d) Place the boys in foster care.
2. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A sad loss.
(c) A hot mess.
(d) A disaster.
3. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
4. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
(a) He knew he should think for awhile on his choice of brides.
(b) Gerrie needed to finish school.
(c) To go against Barrie would mean there would be no help for the newlyweds.
(d) He needed to finish school.
5. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Barrymore.
(b) Ethel Waters.
(c) Ethel Merman
(d) Ethel Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
2. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
3. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
4. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
5. What had Sylvia refused?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 13 begin?
2. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
3. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
4. What did Barrie think of Mary and Cannan at this time?
5. How were the Davies affected by Arthur's death?
6. How did Barrie surprise the Davies after the summer of 1908?
7. How is Barrie now able to spend time developing a play? What is the title of this play?
8. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
9. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
10. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)