|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(b) No, but he had suspicions.
(d) Yes, but he was in denial.
2. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(b) With Arthur's will.
(c) With Arthur's obituary.
(d) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
3. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
4. To what was this organization dedicated?
(a) The creation of a Community Theater in England.
(b) The creation of the West End theater district in London.
(c) The creation of a National Theater in England.
(d) The creation of a European Theater.
5. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
2. What play had been inspired by George?
3. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
4. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
5. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
2. How were the Davies affected by Arthur's death?
3. How does Chapter 13 begin?
4. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
5. What happened to Sylvia?
6. What takes place between Mary and Gilbert Cannan?
7. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
8. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
9. What does Barrie continue to do after George and Frohman's deaths?
10. How does Chapter 14 begin?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)