|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
(a) He had eloped.
(b) He had committed suicide.
(c) He had run away from school.
(d) He had drowned in the Thames while bathing.
2. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
(b) "Heaven help us."
(c) "Peter Pan."
(d) "Finding Neverland."
3. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "What Every Woman Knows."
(b) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
(c) "Mary Rose."
(d) "The Boy David."
4. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
(b) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
(c) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(d) He missed him.
5. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
(a) Gerry Caanan.
(b) George Carlton.
(c) Goeffrey Camden.
(d) Gilbert Cannan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
2. Chapter 14 begins with what?
3. How does Chapter 11 begin?
4. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
5. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
2. How did Barrie surprise the Davies after the summer of 1908?
3. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
4. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
5. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
6. What happened to Sylvia?
7. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
8. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
9. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
10. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)