|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As the boys' nanny.
(b) As the servant.
(c) As Barrie's girlfriend.
(d) As the boys' substitute mother.
2. What happened to Sylvia?
(a) She had fallen.
(b) She had fallen ill.
(c) She had fallen in love with Barrie.
(d) She had disappeared.
3. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
(b) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
(c) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(d) He missed him.
4. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(b) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(c) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
5. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The maid.
(b) Mary's sister.
(c) Neighbor's daughter.
(d) The nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
2. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
3. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
4. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
5. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
2. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
3. Describe the Davies' new home.
4. What takes place between Mary and Gilbert Cannan?
5. How did Arthur die?
6. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
7. What benefits exist in the relationship between Mary and Cannan?
8. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
9. How is Barrie now able to spend time developing a play? What is the title of this play?
10. How does Chapter 14 begin?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)