|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
2. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long fishing trip.
(b) A three-week long camping trip.
(c) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(d) A three-week long cruise.
3. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The nanny.
(b) The maid.
(c) Neighbor's daughter.
(d) Mary's sister.
4. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(b) She was too weak.
(c) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(d) She did not believe in surgery.
5. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A hot mess.
(c) A disaster.
(d) A sad loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur was how old when this happened?
2. What happened to Sylvia?
3. How does Chapter 11 begin?
4. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
5. By whom was this organization founded in part?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Sylvia?
2. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
3. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
4. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
5. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
6. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
7. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
8. How does Arthur become ill?
9. How did Arthur die?
10. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)