|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
2. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was miserable.
(b) He was cocky.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was confident.
3. Barrie continues to take Nico and Michael to _________________ for their annual fishing holiday.
4. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long camping trip.
(b) A three-week long fishing trip.
(c) A three-week long cruise.
(d) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
5. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(b) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
(c) He missed him.
(d) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Sylvia refused?
2. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
3. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
4. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
5. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Barrie think of Mary and Cannan at this time?
2. What benefits exist in the relationship between Mary and Cannan?
3. How does Arthur become ill?
4. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
5. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
6. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
7. How did Michael and Nico feel about school?
8. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
9. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
10. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)