|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He jumped off a bridge.
(c) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
(d) He overdosed.
2. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Mother, My Life.
(b) My Margaret.
(d) Margaret Ogilvy.
3. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Lost Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Coral Island.
4. When did the play debut?
(a) September 22, 1904.
(b) December 22, 1904.
(c) October 22, 1904.
(d) November 22, 1904.
5. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
(a) He had not completed his education.
(b) He went on a rant in front of Queen Victoria.
(c) He had been late to many church services.
(d) He left the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
2. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
3. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
4. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
5. To where was the reverend transferred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe James Barrie's childhood.
2. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
3. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
4. Why is Peter Llewellyn Davies' death significant?
5. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
6. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
7. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
8. Why might the Davies brothers begin to hate their association with Peter Pan?
9. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
10. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)