|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At the symphony.
(d) At a play.
2. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) Staten Island.
(b) The Coral Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Lost Island.
3. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) An English magazine.
(b) An English provincial newspaper.
(c) A Scottish magazine.
(d) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
4. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
(a) Peter Davies and his brothers, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
(b) Peter Davies and his friends, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
(c) Peter Davies and his cousins, George, Jackie, Michael, and Nicole.
(d) Peter Davies and his sisters, Georgette, Jackie, Michelle, and Nicole.
5. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Almost like.
(b) Just like.
(c) Similar to.
(d) Nothing like.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
2. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
3. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
4. What happened when Frohman read the play?
5. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David Barrie influence James?
2. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
3. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
4. Describe "Peter and Wendy." What did Frohman think of it?
5. Describe "Sentimental Tommy."
6. Describe James Barrie's childhood.
7. Describe "The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island."
8. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
9. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
10. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)