|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Mother, My Life.
(c) Margaret Ogilvy.
(d) My Margaret.
2. What was the working title of the play?
(a) Peter and Wendy.
(b) Peter and Wendy Darling.
(c) Peter Pan and Wendy.
(d) Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.
3. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(b) The theater.
4. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
5. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
3. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
4. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
5. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
2. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
3. What does Barrie continue to do after George and Frohman's deaths?
4. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
5. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
6. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
7. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
8. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
9. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
10. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)