Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead Until Dark."
(b) "Better Dead."
(c) "Dead in the Family."
(d) "Dead or Alive."
2. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(b) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(c) He received a full scholarship.
(d) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
3. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) The Davies boys and Mary.
(b) Mary and Sylvia.
(c) Arthur and Barrie.
(d) Arthur and Sylvia.
4. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
(a) Glass Lake.
(b) Green Lake.
(c) Black Lake.
(d) Blue Lake.
5. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
2. What was the working title of the play?
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
4. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
5. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Barrie change once he had accepted Michael's death? Why might he have reacted this way?
2. Describe Barrie's relationship with Peter and Nico throughout the rest of his life.
3. What benefits exist in the relationship between Mary and Cannan?
4. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
5. What takes place between Barrie and Edinburgh University? What might Barrie have thought about this?
6. What did Barrie also receive? What is this?
7. What else did Barrie do publicly? Why might he have done this?
8. What did Barrie think of hard work?
9. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
10. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)