|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Women than men.
(b) Men than women.
(c) Children than adults.
(d) Adults than children.
2. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
(a) Jane Ann.
3. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
4. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Five feet eight inches.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Five feet.
(d) Six feet.
5. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(b) My Margaret.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
(d) Margaret Ogilvy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
2. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
3. When did the play debut?
4. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
5. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
2. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
3. What did Barrie think of hard work?
4. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
5. How was the meeting of the Davies and Barrie chronicled in "Peter Pan?"
6. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
7. Describe "Sentimental Tommy."
8. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
9. Describe "Peter and Wendy." What did Frohman think of it?
10. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)