|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
(b) Not entirely.
2. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Children than adults.
(b) Adults than children.
(c) Women than men.
(d) Men than women.
3. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He would remain a boy forever.
(b) He was watching over them.
(c) He was in heaven.
(d) He had not suffered.
4. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(a) The theater.
5. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
2. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
3. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
4. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
5. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
2. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
3. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
4. Why might the Davies brothers begin to hate their association with Peter Pan?
5. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
6. Describe James Barrie's childhood.
7. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
8. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
9. What did Barrie think of hard work?
10. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)