|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
(a) Peter Pan.
(d) Never Land.
2. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
3. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
(a) He had been late to many church services.
(b) He left the church.
(c) He had not completed his education.
(d) He went on a rant in front of Queen Victoria.
4. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He worried about it.
(b) He regretted supporting it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He fell in love immediately.
5. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(b) Captain Hook.
(d) Peter Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
2. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
3. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
4. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
5. Where was James Barrie born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Llewellyn Davies' death significant?
2. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
3. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
4. Describe "The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island."
5. How did David Barrie influence James?
6. Describe "Peter and Wendy." What did Frohman think of it?
7. How did the theater influence Barrie early on?
8. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
9. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
10. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)