|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
(a) The crocodile.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Peter Pan.
2. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
3. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
(a) Blue Lake.
(b) Black Lake.
(c) Green Lake.
(d) Glass Lake.
4. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Nothing like.
(b) Just like.
(c) Similar to.
(d) Almost like.
5. When did the play debut?
(a) September 22, 1904.
(b) November 22, 1904.
(c) December 22, 1904.
(d) October 22, 1904.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the working title of the play?
2. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
3. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
4. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
5. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
2. Why might the Davies brothers begin to hate their association with Peter Pan?
3. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
4. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
5. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
6. How did the theater influence Barrie early on?
7. Describe "Peter and Wendy." What did Frohman think of it?
8. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
9. Describe "Sentimental Tommy."
10. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)