|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
(c) Never Land.
(d) Peter Pan.
2. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
3. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) An English provincial newspaper.
(b) A Scottish magazine.
(c) An English magazine.
(d) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
4. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Five feet.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet eight inches.
5. When did the play debut?
(a) December 22, 1904.
(b) October 22, 1904.
(c) November 22, 1904.
(d) September 22, 1904.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
2. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
4. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
5. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
2. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
3. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
4. What did Barrie think of hard work?
5. How was the meeting of the Davies and Barrie chronicled in "Peter Pan?"
6. How did David Barrie influence James?
7. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
8. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
9. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
10. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)