|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(b) Ph. D.
2. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
(a) No, he saw it as a dream child.
(b) Yes, but not for a long time.
(c) No, he saw it as a waste of time.
(d) Yes, it would be an instant hit.
3. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(c) The theater.
4. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
5. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Arthur Davies.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Charles Frohman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
2. To where was the reverend transferred?
3. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
4. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
5. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
2. What did Barrie think of hard work?
3. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
4. How did David Barrie influence James?
5. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
6. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
7. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
8. Why might the Davies brothers begin to hate their association with Peter Pan?
9. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
10. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)