|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Men than women.
(b) Women than men.
(c) Children than adults.
(d) Adults than children.
2. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead in the Family."
(b) "Dead or Alive."
(c) "Better Dead."
(d) "Dead Until Dark."
3. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Lost Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) The Coral Island.
(d) The Solomon Islands.
4. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
5. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(c) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
(d) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
2. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
3. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
4. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
5. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David Barrie influence James?
2. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
3. Describe "Sentimental Tommy."
4. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
5. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
6. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
7. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
8. Describe "The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island."
9. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
10. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)