|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) He could not grow up.
(b) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
(c) He did not weigh much.
(d) He had discovered fairy dust.
2. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
(a) A famous tailor.
(b) A famous shoemaker.
(c) A famous dressmaker.
(d) A famous hatmaker.
3. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(a) Peter Pan.
(c) Captain Hook.
4. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
(a) Peter Davies and his brothers, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
(b) Peter Davies and his friends, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
(c) Peter Davies and his cousins, George, Jackie, Michael, and Nicole.
(d) Peter Davies and his sisters, Georgette, Jackie, Michelle, and Nicole.
5. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
(a) Green Lake.
(b) Blue Lake.
(c) Glass Lake.
(d) Black Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
2. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
3. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
4. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
5. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Sentimental Tommy."
2. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
3. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
4. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
5. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
6. Describe "Peter and Wendy." What did Frohman think of it?
7. How was the meeting of the Davies and Barrie chronicled in "Peter Pan?"
8. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
9. How did David Barrie influence James?
10. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)