|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
2. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(b) An English provincial newspaper.
(c) An English magazine.
(d) A Scottish magazine.
3. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He overdosed.
(c) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
(d) He jumped off a bridge.
4. When was James Barrie born?
(a) June 9, 1860.
(b) April 9, 1860.
(c) May 9, 1860.
(d) July 9, 1860.
5. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Solomon Islands.
(b) The Lost Island.
(c) The Coral Island.
(d) Staten Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
2. How did Frohman take on the play?
3. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
4. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
5. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Llewellyn Davies' death significant?
2. What happened on June 19, 1937?
3. How does Chapter 13 begin?
4. How were the Davies affected by Arthur's death?
5. What did Barrie think of hard work?
6. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
7. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
8. What is the purpose of the epilogue?
9. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
10. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)