|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
(a) Glass Lake.
(b) Black Lake.
(c) Blue Lake.
(d) Green Lake.
2. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He was in heaven.
(b) He would remain a boy forever.
(c) He was watching over them.
(d) He had not suffered.
3. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
4. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were the happiest years in his life.
(b) They were very lonely.
(c) They were the most difficult of his life.
(d) They were the most boring of his life.
5. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(a) Ph. D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
2. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
3. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
4. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
5. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the theater influence Barrie early on?
2. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
3. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
4. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
5. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
6. Describe "The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island."
7. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
8. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
9. How did David Barrie influence James?
10. How was the meeting of the Davies and Barrie chronicled in "Peter Pan?"
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)