|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Adults than children.
(b) Men than women.
(c) Children than adults.
(d) Women than men.
2. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(c) His health.
(d) The weather.
3. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish magazine.
(b) An English magazine.
(c) An English provincial newspaper.
(d) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
4. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
(a) He was unsure.
(b) He was not thrilled.
(c) He did not care.
(d) He was thrilled.
5. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
(a) The Great White.
(b) The Great White Way.
(c) The Great.
(d) The Great White Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the working title of the play?
2. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
3. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
4. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
5. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Llewellyn Davies' death significant?
2. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
3. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
4. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
5. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
6. What did Barrie think of hard work?
7. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
8. How did the theater influence Barrie early on?
9. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
10. How was the meeting of the Davies and Barrie chronicled in "Peter Pan?"
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)