|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(b) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(c) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(d) He received a full scholarship.
2. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
3. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
4. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
(a) Because they were very wealthy.
(b) Because they were related to the hosts.
(c) Because they were friends of Charles Frohman.
(d) Because of a business association with George Lewis.
5. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) He had discovered fairy dust.
(b) He could not grow up.
(c) He did not weigh much.
(d) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
2. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
3. Where was James Barrie born?
4. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
5. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
2. Why is Peter Llewellyn Davies' death significant?
3. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
4. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
5. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
6. Describe "Peter and Wendy." What did Frohman think of it?
7. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
8. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
9. How was the meeting of the Davies and Barrie chronicled in "Peter Pan?"
10. Why might the Davies brothers begin to hate their association with Peter Pan?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)