|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
2. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) The Yellow Kid.
(b) Penny Dreadfuls.
(c) Max and Moritz.
(d) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
3. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
(a) He did not care.
(b) He was not thrilled.
(c) He was unsure.
(d) He was thrilled.
4. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
5. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) Arthur and Sylvia.
(b) Arthur and Barrie.
(c) Mary and Sylvia.
(d) The Davies boys and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
2. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
3. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
4. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
5. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Barrie and Edinburgh University? What might Barrie have thought about this?
2. How did Arthur die?
3. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
4. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
5. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
6. What takes place between Mary and Gilbert Cannan?
7. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
8. What is the purpose of the epilogue?
9. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
10. What happened to Sylvia?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)