|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) Staten Island.
(b) The Lost Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Coral Island.
2. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Penny Dreadfuls.
(b) Max and Moritz.
(c) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(d) The Yellow Kid.
3. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
4. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
(a) Peter Davies and his cousins, George, Jackie, Michael, and Nicole.
(b) Peter Davies and his brothers, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
(c) Peter Davies and his sisters, Georgette, Jackie, Michelle, and Nicole.
(d) Peter Davies and his friends, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
5. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were very lonely.
(b) They were the most difficult of his life.
(c) They were the most boring of his life.
(d) They were the happiest years in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
2. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
3. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
4. To where was the reverend transferred?
5. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David Barrie influence James?
2. Describe the reviews of the play's debut.
3. What did Barrie think of hard work?
4. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
5. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
6. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
7. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
8. Describe "The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island."
9. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
10. How did Arthur feel about Barrie's involvement with his family?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)