|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
(c) Hard work.
2. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) Mary and Sylvia.
(b) Arthur and Sylvia.
(c) Arthur and Barrie.
(d) The Davies boys and Mary.
3. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
4. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
(a) Their siblings.
(b) Their families.
(d) Their friends.
5. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A Christmas dinner party.
(b) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
(c) An Easter dinner party.
(d) A birthday dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the play debut?
2. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
3. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
4. What was The Nottingham Journal?
5. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
2. What did Barrie think of hard work?
3. How did David Barrie influence James?
4. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
5. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
6. How was the summer of Michael's first birthday important?
7. Describe "The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island."
8. Where did Mary and James find a country home?
9. Why was the engagement between Arthur and Sylvia surprising?
10. How was James' experience at Dumfries Academy?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)