|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
(a) December 1, 1904.
(b) May 1, 1904.
(c) March 1, 1904.
(d) August 1, 1904.
2. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) The Yellow Kid.
(b) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(c) Max and Moritz.
(d) Penny Dreadfuls.
3. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Arthur Davies.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) Charles Frohman.
(d) George Meredith.
4. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Lost Island.
(b) The Coral Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) Staten Island.
5. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
2. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
3. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
4. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
5. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
Short Essay Questions
1. What background information does the author give about Arthur Davies?
2. How was James' little sister Maggie important in his life?
3. How was Margaret important to Barrie's work?
4. What did Mary Ansell soon learn about Barrie? How did this affect her?
5. What is Barrie's belief about children and is one of the first references to "Peter Pan?"
6. Describe Margaret's childhood. How did her childhood affect James?
7. Describe "Sentimental Tommy."
8. Describe the first meeting of Arthur and Sylvia.
9. Describe the financial situation of the newly-married Davies.
10. How did David Barrie influence James?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)