|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
2. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(b) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(c) They were very comfortable around each other.
(d) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
3. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
(a) She went into remission.
(b) She underwent surgery.
(c) She died.
(d) She recovered.
4. To what was this organization dedicated?
(a) The creation of a National Theater in England.
(b) The creation of the West End theater district in London.
(c) The creation of a European Theater.
(d) The creation of a Community Theater in England.
5. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
(b) Only much later.
(c) Not at first.
6. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
(a) Someone else took it.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) He took it.
(d) He refused it.
7. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(b) Food from her neighbors.
(c) Support from the church.
(d) Comfort from her family.
8. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) His cancer was cured.
(b) He would need an amputation.
(c) The cancer had spread.
(d) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
9. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(a) Only at first.
(c) Only after many tests.
10. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was miserable.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was cocky.
(d) He was confident.
11. It was shocking to Barrie and Mary Hodgson to discover that Peter was having an affair with whom?
(a) His nanny.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A woman that was almost twice his age.
(d) His school teacher.
12. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie gave her more work to do.
(b) Barrie lowered her salary.
(c) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(d) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
13. Should it have come as a surprise when it was discovered that Mary was having an affair?
(a) Most likely.
14. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
(a) Avoid the subject.
(b) He would become angry.
(c) He would complain about it.
(d) He would laugh.
15. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
(c) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
2. By whom was this organization founded in part?
3. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
4. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
5. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)