|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(b) They were very comfortable around each other.
(c) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(d) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
2. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(a) Yes, but he was in denial.
(c) No, but he had suspicions.
3. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
(a) The Theater League.
(b) The Drama Guild.
(c) The Theater Guild.
(d) The Dramatic League.
4. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
5. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) The dog.
(b) A slave.
(c) A servant.
(d) A priest.
6. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
(a) He needed to finish school.
(b) He knew he should think for awhile on his choice of brides.
(c) To go against Barrie would mean there would be no help for the newlyweds.
(d) Gerrie needed to finish school.
7. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Peter Pan."
(b) "Finding Neverland."
(c) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
(d) "Heaven help us."
8. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
(a) She recovered.
(b) She went into remission.
(c) She underwent surgery.
(d) She died.
9. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) James Barrie.
(b) Sylvia Davies.
(c) Arthur Davies.
(d) Mary Ansell.
10. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(a) Only after many tests.
(c) Only at first.
11. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
(a) Nearly a million pounds.
(b) Nearly a quarter of a million pounds.
(c) Nearly one hundred thousand pounds.
(d) Nearly a half million pounds.
12. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was confident.
(b) He was cocky.
(c) He was miserable.
(d) He was happy.
13. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) Six days or six weeks.
(b) A year or more.
(c) Six weeks or six months.
(d) Six months or a year.
14. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
15. Should it have come as a surprise when it was discovered that Mary was having an affair?
(a) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
2. Where would the Barries soon end up?
3. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
4. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
5. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)