|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
2. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
(a) Someone else took it.
(b) He took it.
(c) He refused it.
(d) He forgot about it.
3. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
(a) The Dramatic League.
(b) The Drama Guild.
(c) The Theater Guild.
(d) The Theater League.
4. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
5. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
(b) "Peter Pan."
(c) "Finding Neverland."
(d) "Heaven help us."
6. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
(b) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(c) Barrie lowered her salary.
(d) Barrie gave her more work to do.
7. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) James Barrie.
(c) Mary Ansell.
(d) Arthur Davies.
8. To what was this organization dedicated?
(a) The creation of the West End theater district in London.
(b) The creation of a European Theater.
(c) The creation of a National Theater in England.
(d) The creation of a Community Theater in England.
9. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
(a) Only a few.
(d) Only one.
10. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
11. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A slave.
(b) A priest.
(c) A servant.
(d) The dog.
12. Should it have come as a surprise when it was discovered that Mary was having an affair?
(b) Most likely.
13. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
(d) Scarlet Fever.
14. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(a) Only after many tests.
(d) Only at first.
15. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
2. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
3. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
4. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
5. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)