|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
2. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
3. Arthur was how old when this happened?
4. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
(a) Sylvia's poem.
(b) Sylvia's will.
(c) Sylvia's letter.
(d) Sylvia's play.
5. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He was worried.
(d) He was sad.
6. What happened to Sylvia?
(a) She had disappeared.
(b) She had fallen ill.
(c) She had fallen in love with Barrie.
(d) She had fallen.
7. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
8. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) A year or more.
(b) Six weeks or six months.
(c) Six months or a year.
(d) Six days or six weeks.
9. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(b) Barrie gave her more work to do.
(c) Barrie lowered her salary.
(d) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
10. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
(a) On his arm.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his face.
11. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The maid.
(b) Neighbor's daughter.
(c) The nanny.
(d) Mary's sister.
12. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(b) With Arthur's obituary.
(c) With Arthur's will.
(d) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
13. When did the Lusitania sink?
(a) May 7, 1915.
(b) November 7, 1915.
(c) September 7, 1915.
(d) June 7, 1915.
14. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A servant.
(b) A slave.
(c) A priest.
(d) The dog.
15. Where was it torpedoed?
(a) Just off the Irish coast.
(b) Just off the American coast.
(c) Just off the English coast.
(d) Just off the French coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
2. Chapter 14 begins with what?
3. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
4. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
5. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)