|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Lusitania sink?
(a) June 7, 1915.
(b) May 7, 1915.
(c) November 7, 1915.
(d) September 7, 1915.
2. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) Mary Ansell.
(b) Arthur Davies.
(c) Sylvia Davies.
(d) James Barrie.
3. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(b) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
(c) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
(d) He missed him.
4. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
(a) Lord Lucas' brigade.
(b) Lord Lucas' hospital.
(c) Lord Lucas' school.
(d) Lord Lucas' library.
5. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) The cancer had spread.
(b) He would need an amputation.
(c) His cancer was cured.
(d) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
6. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She suffered a miscarriage.
(b) She died.
(c) She had a panic attack.
(d) She became ill.
7. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
8. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
9. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
(a) She needs work.
(b) She is unhappy with the guardian situation.
(c) She loves the boys.
(d) She is in love with Barrie.
10. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) Neighbor's daughter.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mary's sister.
(d) The nanny.
11. Where would the Barries soon end up?
(a) In a theater production.
(b) In divorce court.
(c) In counseling.
(d) In church.
12. What are George and Peter called to do?
(a) Go to Ireland.
(b) Go to America's aid.
(c) Become medics.
(d) Serve their country.
13. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
(a) She died.
(b) She went into remission.
(c) She recovered.
(d) She underwent surgery.
14. Where was it torpedoed?
(a) Just off the American coast.
(b) Just off the Irish coast.
(c) Just off the English coast.
(d) Just off the French coast.
15. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With Arthur's will.
(b) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(c) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(d) With Arthur's obituary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Sylvia refused?
2. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
3. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
4. Arthur died in what year?
5. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)