|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With Arthur's obituary.
(b) With Arthur's will.
(c) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(d) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
2. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
3. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
(a) He had run away from school.
(b) He had committed suicide.
(c) He had drowned in the Thames while bathing.
(d) He had eloped.
4. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(a) No, but he had suspicions.
(b) Yes, but he was in denial.
5. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She became ill.
(b) She died.
(c) She had a panic attack.
(d) She suffered a miscarriage.
6. Arthur died in what year?
7. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A stenography machine.
(c) A computer.
(d) A fountain pen.
8. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Support from the church.
(b) Food from her neighbors.
(c) Comfort from her family.
(d) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
9. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
(d) Not at first.
10. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
(a) On his stomach.
(b) On his arm.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his face.
11. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie lowered her salary.
(b) Barrie gave her more work to do.
(c) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(d) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
12. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(b) A three-week long cruise.
(c) A three-week long fishing trip.
(d) A three-week long camping trip.
13. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(b) Only at first.
(d) Only after many tests.
14. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) She did not believe in surgery.
(b) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(c) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(d) She was too weak.
15. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
(a) Only much later.
(d) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
2. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
3. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
4. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
5. By whom was this organization founded in part?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)