|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Waters.
(b) Ethel Merman
(c) Ethel Barrymore.
(d) Ethel Kennedy.
2. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As the boys' substitute mother.
(b) As the servant.
(c) As Barrie's girlfriend.
(d) As the boys' nanny.
3. What happened to Sylvia?
(a) She had fallen in love with Barrie.
(b) She had fallen ill.
(c) She had disappeared.
(d) She had fallen.
4. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
(a) Sylvia's letter.
(b) Sylvia's play.
(c) Sylvia's poem.
(d) Sylvia's will.
5. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
6. How did Nico do at school?
(a) He acclimated well.
(b) Not well.
(c) At times he did well.
7. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
8. Should it have come as a surprise when it was discovered that Mary was having an affair?
(a) Most likely.
9. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
10. Arthur was how old when this happened?
11. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) He would need an amputation.
(b) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
(c) His cancer was cured.
(d) The cancer had spread.
12. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
(a) Not be as happy as.
(b) Be happier than.
(c) Angry with.
(d) Be as happy as.
13. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "The Boy David."
(b) "What Every Woman Knows."
(c) "Mary Rose."
(d) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
14. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) Six days or six weeks.
(b) A year or more.
(c) Six weeks or six months.
(d) Six months or a year.
15. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was worried.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He was surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
2. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
3. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
4. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
5. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)