|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
2. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
3. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
4. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
(a) He would become angry.
(b) He would complain about it.
(c) Avoid the subject.
(d) He would laugh.
5. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In his home.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) In his parents' home.
6. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
(a) She went into remission.
(b) She recovered.
(c) She died.
(d) She underwent surgery.
7. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A priest.
(b) A slave.
(c) A servant.
(d) The dog.
8. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A computer.
(c) A stenography machine.
(d) A fountain pen.
9. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As the boys' substitute mother.
(b) As the servant.
(c) As the boys' nanny.
(d) As Barrie's girlfriend.
10. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(c) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(d) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
11. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) Mary Ansell.
(b) Sylvia Davies.
(c) Arthur Davies.
(d) James Barrie.
12. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Support from the church.
(b) Food from her neighbors.
(c) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(d) Comfort from her family.
13. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "Mary Rose."
(b) "What Every Woman Knows."
(c) "The Boy David."
(d) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
14. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
(a) Nearly a quarter of a million pounds.
(b) Nearly a million pounds.
(c) Nearly a half million pounds.
(d) Nearly one hundred thousand pounds.
15. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what was this organization dedicated?
2. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
3. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
4. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
5. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)