|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
2. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
(a) Not at first.
3. Arthur was how old when this happened?
4. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
5. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Save him.
(b) Not fear for his safety.
(c) Bring him home.
(d) Not forget him.
6. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
(a) Be happier than.
(b) Be as happy as.
(c) Not be as happy as.
(d) Angry with.
7. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
(c) Only one.
(d) Only a few.
8. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) His cancer was cured.
(b) The cancer had spread.
(c) He would need an amputation.
(d) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
9. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A servant.
(b) A priest.
(c) A slave.
(d) The dog.
10. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
(a) Not at first.
(d) Only much later.
11. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
(a) He needed to finish school.
(b) Gerrie needed to finish school.
(c) To go against Barrie would mean there would be no help for the newlyweds.
(d) He knew he should think for awhile on his choice of brides.
12. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "The Boy David."
(b) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
(c) "What Every Woman Knows."
(d) "Mary Rose."
13. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was in denial.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He did not care about her.
(d) He was preoccupied with work.
14. Where was it torpedoed?
(a) Just off the English coast.
(b) Just off the Irish coast.
(c) Just off the American coast.
(d) Just off the French coast.
15. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was cocky.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was confident.
(d) He was miserable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
2. What play had been inspired by George?
3. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
4. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
5. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)