|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(b) He missed him.
(c) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
(d) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
2. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he did not want to.
(b) No, Mary would not let him.
(c) No, he was unable.
3. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He did not believe Ethel.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He had given his word to Barrie.
(d) He wanted to return to Europe.
4. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A stenography machine.
(c) A computer.
(d) A typewriter.
5. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
(b) They were very comfortable around each other.
(c) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(d) Neither was comfortable with the other.
6. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As the boys' substitute mother.
(b) As the boys' nanny.
(c) As the servant.
(d) As Barrie's girlfriend.
7. Barrie continues to take Nico and Michael to _________________ for their annual fishing holiday.
8. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She suffered a miscarriage.
(b) She had a panic attack.
(c) She died.
(d) She became ill.
9. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) Mary's sister.
(b) The maid.
(c) The nanny.
(d) Neighbor's daughter.
10. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
11. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
(a) A will.
(b) A play.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
12. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was preoccupied with work.
(b) He did not care about her.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was in denial.
13. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A sad loss.
(c) A hot mess.
14. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
15. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
(a) He took it.
(b) He refused it.
(c) Someone else took it.
(d) He forgot about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the Barries soon end up?
2. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
3. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
4. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
5. By whom was this organization founded in part?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)