|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
(a) On his arm.
(b) On his face.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his stomach.
2. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
3. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
(a) He knew he should think for awhile on his choice of brides.
(b) Gerrie needed to finish school.
(c) To go against Barrie would mean there would be no help for the newlyweds.
(d) He needed to finish school.
4. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
(a) Put the boys in an orphanage.
(b) Divide the boys up among relatives.
(c) Send the boys to school.
(d) Place the boys in foster care.
5. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(b) With Arthur's obituary.
(c) With Arthur's will.
(d) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
6. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
(b) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(c) Either she returns home or the resigns.
(d) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
7. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
(a) A letter.
(b) A play.
(c) A will.
(d) A poem.
8. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long camping trip.
(b) A three-week long fishing trip.
(c) A three-week long cruise.
(d) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
9. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
10. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A stenography machine.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A computer.
11. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
12. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She became ill.
(b) She had a panic attack.
(c) She suffered a miscarriage.
(d) She died.
13. Where would the Barries soon end up?
(a) In a theater production.
(b) In counseling.
(c) In divorce court.
(d) In church.
14. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
(a) George Carlton.
(b) Gilbert Cannan.
(c) Gerry Caanan.
(d) Goeffrey Camden.
15. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Heaven help us."
(b) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
(c) "Finding Neverland."
(d) "Peter Pan."
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
2. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
3. Where was it torpedoed?
4. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
5. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)