|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was it torpedoed?
(a) Just off the English coast.
(b) Just off the French coast.
(c) Just off the American coast.
(d) Just off the Irish coast.
2. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(b) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
(c) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(d) They were very comfortable around each other.
3. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
(a) Sylvia's letter.
(b) Sylvia's poem.
(c) Sylvia's will.
(d) Sylvia's play.
4. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) She was too weak.
(b) She did not believe in surgery.
(c) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(d) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
5. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) Mary Ansell.
(b) James Barrie.
(c) Arthur Davies.
(d) Sylvia Davies.
6. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Kennedy.
(b) Ethel Merman
(c) Ethel Waters.
(d) Ethel Barrymore.
7. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Peter Pan."
(b) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
(c) "Finding Neverland."
(d) "Heaven help us."
8. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
9. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Wales.
(b) In Austria.
(c) In Switzerland.
(d) In Sweden.
10. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
11. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Save him.
(b) Not fear for his safety.
(c) Bring him home.
(d) Not forget him.
12. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he did not want to.
(c) No, Mary would not let him.
(d) No, he was unable.
13. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was confident.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was miserable.
(d) He was cocky.
14. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was worried.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was surprised.
15. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(c) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(d) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
2. What happened to Sylvia?
3. What had Sylvia refused?
4. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
5. Arthur died in what year?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)