|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
(a) Be as happy as.
(b) Be happier than.
(c) Not be as happy as.
(d) Angry with.
2. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
3. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
(d) Scarlet Fever.
4. To what was this organization dedicated?
(a) The creation of the West End theater district in London.
(b) The creation of a European Theater.
(c) The creation of a Community Theater in England.
(d) The creation of a National Theater in England.
5. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Bring him home.
(b) Not fear for his safety.
(c) Not forget him.
(d) Save him.
6. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
(a) He had committed suicide.
(b) He had run away from school.
(c) He had eloped.
(d) He had drowned in the Thames while bathing.
7. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
8. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(d) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
9. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
10. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, Mary would not let him.
(c) No, he was unable.
(d) No, he did not want to.
11. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was cocky.
(b) He was miserable.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was confident.
12. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
(a) He refused it.
(b) He took it.
(c) Someone else took it.
(d) He forgot about it.
13. Who did Barrie support?
(a) Several elderly writers.
(b) Several fledgling writers.
(c) Several fledgling actors.
(d) Several elderly actors.
14. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In his parents' home.
(d) In his home.
15. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) Mary's sister.
(b) The nanny.
(c) The maid.
(d) Neighbor's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was it torpedoed?
2. How did Nico do at school?
3. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
4. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
5. Where was this surprise located?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)