|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He often referred to Mary as what?
(b) A disaster.
(c) A sad loss.
(d) A hot mess.
2. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She became ill.
(b) She died.
(c) She suffered a miscarriage.
(d) She had a panic attack.
3. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
4. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
5. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
(b) His cancer was cured.
(c) The cancer had spread.
(d) He would need an amputation.
6. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either she returns home or the resigns.
(b) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(c) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
(d) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
7. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Kennedy.
(b) Ethel Waters.
(c) Ethel Barrymore.
(d) Ethel Merman
8. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(b) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
9. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
10. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(c) Yes, but he was in denial.
(d) No, but he had suspicions.
11. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
12. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
(a) Send the boys to school.
(b) Divide the boys up among relatives.
(c) Place the boys in foster care.
(d) Put the boys in an orphanage.
13. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He did not care about her.
(b) He was in denial.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was preoccupied with work.
14. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Not forget him.
(b) Bring him home.
(c) Save him.
(d) Not fear for his safety.
15. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) Six weeks or six months.
(b) Six days or six weeks.
(c) Six months or a year.
(d) A year or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was it torpedoed?
2. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
3. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
4. Arthur was how old when this happened?
5. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)