|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
(a) Annoying business.
(b) Rude business.
(c) Amusing business.
(d) Queer business.
2. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Wales.
(b) In Switzerland.
(c) In Sweden.
(d) In Austria.
3. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
(a) Nearly one hundred thousand pounds.
(b) Nearly a million pounds.
(c) Nearly a half million pounds.
(d) Nearly a quarter of a million pounds.
4. Where would the Barries soon end up?
(a) In church.
(b) In a theater production.
(c) In counseling.
(d) In divorce court.
5. Barrie continues to take Nico and Michael to _________________ for their annual fishing holiday.
6. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(b) With Arthur's obituary.
(c) With Arthur's will.
(d) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
7. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Support from the church.
(b) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(c) Food from her neighbors.
(d) Comfort from her family.
8. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A hot mess.
(d) A sad loss.
9. To what was this organization dedicated?
(a) The creation of a European Theater.
(b) The creation of a National Theater in England.
(c) The creation of a Community Theater in England.
(d) The creation of the West End theater district in London.
10. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(b) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(c) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
11. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(b) Either she returns home or the resigns.
(c) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
(d) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
12. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was confident.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was cocky.
(d) He was miserable.
13. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
(a) She is unhappy with the guardian situation.
(b) She is in love with Barrie.
(c) She loves the boys.
(d) She needs work.
14. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Not forget him.
(b) Save him.
(c) Not fear for his safety.
(d) Bring him home.
15. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(b) Yes, but he was in denial.
(d) No, but he had suspicions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
2. Arthur died in what year?
3. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
4. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
5. It was shocking to Barrie and Mary Hodgson to discover that Peter was having an affair with whom?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)