|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nico do at school?
(b) He acclimated well.
(c) At times he did well.
(d) Not well.
2. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
(a) Gerry Caanan.
(b) Gilbert Cannan.
(c) Goeffrey Camden.
(d) George Carlton.
3. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(b) Yes, but he was in denial.
(d) No, but he had suspicions.
4. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
5. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
6. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his arm.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his stomach.
7. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
8. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Wales.
(b) In Sweden.
(c) In Austria.
(d) In Switzerland.
9. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A stenography machine.
(b) A computer.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A typewriter.
10. Where would the Barries soon end up?
(a) In divorce court.
(b) In church.
(c) In a theater production.
(d) In counseling.
11. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "Mary Rose."
(b) "The Boy David."
(c) "What Every Woman Knows."
(d) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
12. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(c) Only at first.
(d) Only after many tests.
13. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In his home.
(d) In his parents' home.
14. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(b) She did not believe in surgery.
(c) She was too weak.
(d) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
15. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
(b) He would need an amputation.
(c) The cancer had spread.
(d) His cancer was cured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
2. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
3. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
4. To what was this organization dedicated?
5. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)