|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
(a) Divide the boys up among relatives.
(b) Put the boys in an orphanage.
(c) Place the boys in foster care.
(d) Send the boys to school.
2. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
(a) Yes, but he was in denial.
(c) No, but he had suspicions.
3. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He wanted to return to Europe.
(b) He had given his word to Barrie.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He did not believe Ethel.
4. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A hot mess.
(d) A sad loss.
5. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was confident.
(b) He was miserable.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was cocky.
6. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(d) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
7. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "What Every Woman Knows."
(b) "The Boy David."
(c) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
(d) "Mary Rose."
8. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With Arthur's will.
(b) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(c) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(d) With Arthur's obituary.
9. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
(a) She is unhappy with the guardian situation.
(b) She loves the boys.
(c) She is in love with Barrie.
(d) She needs work.
10. How did Nico do at school?
(b) He acclimated well.
(c) At times he did well.
(d) Not well.
11. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
12. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
(a) Annoying business.
(b) Queer business.
(c) Rude business.
(d) Amusing business.
13. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was worried.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He was sad.
14. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
(d) Not at first.
15. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Kennedy.
(b) Ethel Barrymore.
(c) Ethel Waters.
(d) Ethel Merman
Short Answer Questions
1. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
2. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
3. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
4. What play had been inspired by George?
5. To what was this organization dedicated?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)