|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(b) She was too weak.
(c) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(d) She did not believe in surgery.
2. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
(a) He would become angry.
(b) Avoid the subject.
(c) He would complain about it.
(d) He would laugh.
3. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was in denial.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He was preoccupied with work.
(d) He did not care about her.
4. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(b) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
(c) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
(d) Either she returns home or the resigns.
5. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Austria.
(b) In Switzerland.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Sweden.
6. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
(a) Send the boys to school.
(b) Put the boys in an orphanage.
(c) Place the boys in foster care.
(d) Divide the boys up among relatives.
7. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Finding Neverland."
(b) "Heaven help us."
(c) "Peter Pan."
(d) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
8. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A servant.
(b) A slave.
(c) The dog.
(d) A priest.
9. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
(b) The cancer had spread.
(c) He would need an amputation.
(d) His cancer was cured.
10. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A hot mess.
(c) A sad loss.
11. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
(d) Not at first.
12. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He had given his word to Barrie.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He did not believe Ethel.
(d) He wanted to return to Europe.
13. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he was unable.
(b) No, Mary would not let him.
(c) No, he did not want to.
14. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie lowered her salary.
(b) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(c) Barrie gave her more work to do.
(d) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
15. Who did Barrie support?
(a) Several elderly actors.
(b) Several fledgling actors.
(c) Several fledgling writers.
(d) Several elderly writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
2. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
3. Eventually did Barrie did support the family?
4. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
5. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)