|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was the Black Lake book ever incorporated into "Peter Pan?"
(a) Not at first.
(b) Only much later.
2. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
(a) She underwent surgery.
(b) She went into remission.
(c) She died.
(d) She recovered.
3. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
(a) The Theater League.
(b) The Drama Guild.
(c) The Dramatic League.
(d) The Theater Guild.
4. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
(c) Not at first.
5. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In his parents' home.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In his home.
(d) In a hospital.
6. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Finding Neverland."
(b) "Peter Pan."
(c) "Heaven help us."
(d) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
7. Where was it torpedoed?
(a) Just off the French coast.
(b) Just off the Irish coast.
(c) Just off the English coast.
(d) Just off the American coast.
8. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
(a) Goeffrey Camden.
(b) Gilbert Cannan.
(c) Gerry Caanan.
(d) George Carlton.
9. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A sad loss.
(b) A hot mess.
(c) A disaster.
10. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
(a) Be as happy as.
(b) Not be as happy as.
(c) Angry with.
(d) Be happier than.
11. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
12. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A computer.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A stenography machine.
13. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(b) A three-week long camping trip.
(c) A three-week long cruise.
(d) A three-week long fishing trip.
14. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Switzerland.
(b) In Austria.
(c) In Sweden.
(d) In Wales.
15. When did the Lusitania sink?
(a) September 7, 1915.
(b) May 7, 1915.
(c) June 7, 1915.
(d) November 7, 1915.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Barrie know Mary was infatuated with this man?
2. Where would the Barries soon end up?
3. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
4. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
5. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)