|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
2. Charles Frohman was expected to arrive in London in May, but Barrie convinced him to sail earlier. Why?
(a) He needed someone to comfort him after the loss of George.
(b) He missed him.
(c) He was hoping his partner and friend had work for him.
(d) He was hoping that his partner and friend could offer valuable advice on how to save "Rosy Rapture."
3. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) She did not believe in surgery.
(b) She was too weak.
(c) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(d) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
4. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Not fear for his safety.
(b) Save him.
(c) Bring him home.
(d) Not forget him.
5. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
6. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) Neighbor's daughter.
(b) Mary's sister.
(c) The maid.
(d) The nanny.
7. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
8. How did Nico do at school?
(a) Not well.
(c) He acclimated well.
(d) At times he did well.
9. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
(a) Lord Lucas' brigade.
(b) Lord Lucas' library.
(c) Lord Lucas' school.
(d) Lord Lucas' hospital.
10. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
(a) Sylvia's poem.
(b) Sylvia's will.
(c) Sylvia's letter.
(d) Sylvia's play.
11. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long cruise.
(b) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(c) A three-week long camping trip.
(d) A three-week long fishing trip.
12. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
(a) He would complain about it.
(b) He would become angry.
(c) He would laugh.
(d) Avoid the subject.
13. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was miserable.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was cocky.
(d) He was confident.
14. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was preoccupied with work.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He was in denial.
(d) He did not care about her.
15. By whom was this organization founded in part?
(a) Mary Ansell.
(b) James Barrie.
(c) Sylvia Davies.
(d) Arthur Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
2. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
3. What happened to Sylvia?
4. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
5. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)