|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A sad loss.
(d) A hot mess.
2. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "Mary Rose."
(b) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
(c) "The Boy David."
(d) "What Every Woman Knows."
3. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
(a) Only a few.
(d) Only one.
4. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Food from her neighbors.
(b) Support from the church.
(c) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(d) Comfort from her family.
5. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(b) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
(c) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
(d) Either she returns home or the resigns.
6. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he did not want to.
(b) No, he was unable.
(d) No, Mary would not let him.
7. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(b) They were very comfortable around each other.
(c) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
(d) Neither was comfortable with the other.
8. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As Barrie's girlfriend.
(b) As the boys' nanny.
(c) As the servant.
(d) As the boys' substitute mother.
9. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was in denial.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He was preoccupied with work.
(d) He did not care about her.
10. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The maid.
(b) Neighbor's daughter.
(c) The nanny.
(d) Mary's sister.
11. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
12. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
(a) Lord Lucas' brigade.
(b) Lord Lucas' hospital.
(c) Lord Lucas' school.
(d) Lord Lucas' library.
13. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) Six months or a year.
(b) Six days or six weeks.
(c) A year or more.
(d) Six weeks or six months.
14. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In his parents' home.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) In his home.
15. When did the Lusitania sink?
(a) November 7, 1915.
(b) May 7, 1915.
(c) September 7, 1915.
(d) June 7, 1915.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
2. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
3. How did Nico do at school?
4. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
5. What happened to Sylvia?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)