|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Kennedy.
(b) Ethel Waters.
(c) Ethel Merman
(d) Ethel Barrymore.
2. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
3. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A play.
(d) A will.
4. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
(a) She needs work.
(b) She is in love with Barrie.
(c) She loves the boys.
(d) She is unhappy with the guardian situation.
5. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
(a) Nearly a quarter of a million pounds.
(b) Nearly a million pounds.
(c) Nearly one hundred thousand pounds.
(d) Nearly a half million pounds.
6. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
7. It was shocking to Barrie and Mary Hodgson to discover that Peter was having an affair with whom?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His school teacher.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A woman that was almost twice his age.
8. Who did Barrie support?
(a) Several elderly actors.
(b) Several elderly writers.
(c) Several fledgling actors.
(d) Several fledgling writers.
9. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He had given his word to Barrie.
(b) He wanted to return to Europe.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He did not believe Ethel.
10. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
(a) The Theater Guild.
(b) The Theater League.
(c) The Drama Guild.
(d) The Dramatic League.
11. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(b) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
(c) They were very comfortable around each other.
(d) They were only uncomfortable at first.
12. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
(b) Only one.
(d) Only a few.
13. Jack had not consulted with Barrie before the proposal and expected that his guardian would ______________ the newly engaged.
(a) Be happier than.
(b) Angry with.
(c) Be as happy as.
(d) Not be as happy as.
14. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was worried.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was surprised.
15. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
(a) He took it.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) Someone else took it.
(d) He refused it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
2. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
3. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
4. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
5. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)