|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what was this organization dedicated?
(a) The creation of a European Theater.
(b) The creation of a Community Theater in England.
(c) The creation of the West End theater district in London.
(d) The creation of a National Theater in England.
2. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(b) A three-week long fishing trip.
(c) A three-week long cruise.
(d) A three-week long camping trip.
3. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Waters.
(b) Ethel Merman
(c) Ethel Barrymore.
(d) Ethel Kennedy.
4. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
5. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A will.
(d) A play.
6. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(c) Only after many tests.
(d) Only at first.
7. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
(a) To go against Barrie would mean there would be no help for the newlyweds.
(b) Gerrie needed to finish school.
(c) He needed to finish school.
(d) He knew he should think for awhile on his choice of brides.
8. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Comfort from her family.
(b) Support from the church.
(c) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(d) Food from her neighbors.
9. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he did not want to.
(c) No, he was unable.
(d) No, Mary would not let him.
10. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(b) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(c) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
(d) They were very comfortable around each other.
11. Barrie continues to take Nico and Michael to _________________ for their annual fishing holiday.
12. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
13. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was confident.
(b) He was miserable.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was cocky.
14. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
15. Eventually did Barrie did support the family?
(b) Only after many years.
(d) Only for a short while.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom was this organization founded in part?
2. He often referred to Mary as what?
3. What happened to Sylvia?
4. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
5. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)