|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
(a) "What Every Woman Knows."
(b) "The Boy David."
(c) "Mary Rose."
(d) "The Fight for Mr. Lapraik."
2. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A servant.
(b) A slave.
(c) A priest.
(d) The dog.
3. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
(a) A letter.
(b) A will.
(c) A poem.
(d) A play.
4. Shortly before Froham sailed on the Lusitania, who begged him not to sail due to threats of possible attack from German U-boats?
(a) Ethel Merman
(b) Ethel Waters.
(c) Ethel Kennedy.
(d) Ethel Barrymore.
5. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Switzerland.
(b) In Sweden.
(c) In Austria.
(d) In Wales.
6. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
(a) Lord Lucas' brigade.
(b) Lord Lucas' school.
(c) Lord Lucas' library.
(d) Lord Lucas' hospital.
7. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(b) She did not believe in surgery.
(c) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(d) She was too weak.
8. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Finding Neverland."
(b) "Heaven help us."
(c) "Peter Pan."
(d) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
9. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He did not care about her.
(c) He was preoccupied with work.
(d) He was in denial.
10. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he did not want to.
(c) No, Mary would not let him.
(d) No, he was unable.
11. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(b) With Arthur's will.
(c) With Arthur's obituary.
(d) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
12. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
13. Eventually did Barrie did support the family?
(a) Only after many years.
(b) Only for a short while.
14. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
15. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was cocky.
(c) He was confident.
(d) He was miserable.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom was this organization founded in part?
2. At this time, how much had Barrie earned from Peter Pan?
3. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
4. To what was this organization dedicated?
5. Whenever anyone asked Barrie about the divorce, what would he do?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)