|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
(a) Bring him home.
(b) Not fear for his safety.
(c) Save him.
(d) Not forget him.
2. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(d) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
3. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She became ill.
(b) She died.
(c) She suffered a miscarriage.
(d) She had a panic attack.
4. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
(a) To go against Barrie would mean there would be no help for the newlyweds.
(b) He knew he should think for awhile on his choice of brides.
(c) Gerrie needed to finish school.
(d) He needed to finish school.
5. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With Arthur's will.
(b) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(c) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(d) With Arthur's obituary.
6. It was in 1906 that Arthur was diagnosed with a sarcoma where?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his arm.
(d) On his face.
7. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
(a) Lord Lucas' library.
(b) Lord Lucas' school.
(c) Lord Lucas' hospital.
(d) Lord Lucas' brigade.
8. What happened to Sylvia?
(a) She had fallen.
(b) She had disappeared.
(c) She had fallen in love with Barrie.
(d) She had fallen ill.
9. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
(a) His cancer was cured.
(b) Only a bit of cancerous tissue remained.
(c) The cancer had spread.
(d) He would need an amputation.
10. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The nanny.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mary's sister.
(d) Neighbor's daughter.
11. It was shocking to Barrie and Mary Hodgson to discover that Peter was having an affair with whom?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) His nanny.
(d) A woman that was almost twice his age.
12. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
(a) Sylvia's letter.
(b) Sylvia's play.
(c) Sylvia's will.
(d) Sylvia's poem.
13. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He did not believe Ethel.
(b) He had given his word to Barrie.
(c) He wanted to return to Europe.
(d) He wanted to die.
14. Eventually did Barrie did support the family?
(a) Only after many years.
(c) Only for a short while.
15. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
(a) The Dramatic League.
(b) The Drama Guild.
(c) The Theater Guild.
(d) The Theater League.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
2. How did Nico do at school?
3. What happened when Frohman was offered a place in a lifeboat?
4. How did Michael feel about school?
5. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)