|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He did not believe Ethel.
(b) He wanted to return to Europe.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He had given his word to Barrie.
2. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
3. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A hot mess.
(b) A sad loss.
(c) A disaster.
4. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A slave.
(b) A servant.
(c) A priest.
(d) The dog.
5. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(b) They were very comfortable around each other.
(c) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
(d) They were only uncomfortable at first.
6. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) Six months or a year.
(b) Six days or six weeks.
(c) A year or more.
(d) Six weeks or six months.
7. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
(a) Only after many tests.
(c) Only at first.
8. What play had been inspired by George?
(a) "Heaven help us."
(b) "A Well-Remembered Voice."
(c) "Finding Neverland."
(d) "Peter Pan."
9. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
(a) Gerry Caanan.
(b) Gilbert Cannan.
(c) George Carlton.
(d) Goeffrey Camden.
10. Barrie continues to take Nico and Michael to _________________ for their annual fishing holiday.
11. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As the boys' nanny.
(b) As the servant.
(c) As the boys' substitute mother.
(d) As Barrie's girlfriend.
12. Mary's lover was appointed to ______________.
(a) The Drama Guild.
(b) The Dramatic League.
(c) The Theater League.
(d) The Theater Guild.
13. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
14. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(b) With Arthur's obituary.
(c) With Arthur's will.
(d) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
15. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A computer.
(b) A stenography machine.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A fountain pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur was how old when this happened?
2. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
3. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
4. After several months of healing, Arthur found out what?
5. There were only two choices regarding the boys: _______________ or allow Barrie to become their guardian.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)