|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It wasn't long before the family received what news about George?
(a) He had run away on March 15, 1915.
(b) He had been killed on March 15, 1915.
(c) He had joined the German army on March 15, 1915.
(d) He had been injured on March 15, 1915.
2. Since Mary and Gilbert Cannan's marriage in 1910, there had been rumors that Cannan had seduced who and got her pregnant?
(a) The maid.
(b) Neighbor's daughter.
(c) The nanny.
(d) Mary's sister.
3. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With Arthur's will.
(b) With Arthur's obituary.
(c) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
(d) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
4. When did the Lusitania sink?
(a) June 7, 1915.
(b) September 7, 1915.
(c) November 7, 1915.
(d) May 7, 1915.
5. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
(a) He had eloped.
(b) He had committed suicide.
(c) He had drowned in the Thames while bathing.
(d) He had run away from school.
6. He often referred to Mary as what?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A sad loss.
(c) A hot mess.
7. Arthur was how old when this happened?
8. Why did Frohman keep on with the plans?
(a) He had given his word to Barrie.
(b) He wanted to return to Europe.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He did not believe Ethel.
9. Where was this surprise located?
(a) In Wales.
(b) In Austria.
(c) In Sweden.
(d) In Switzerland.
10. How did Michael feel about school?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was cocky.
(c) He was miserable.
(d) He was confident.
11. When Jack was transferred to Portsmouth, Gerrie stayed at Adelphi Terrace with Barrie. How did Gerrie and Barrie feel about this?
(a) Neither was comfortable with the other.
(b) They were very comfortable around each other.
(c) They were only uncomfortable at first.
(d) They only later became uncomfortable with each other.
12. It was not known if Arthur would be able to live for _______________.
(a) Six months or a year.
(b) A year or more.
(c) Six weeks or six months.
(d) Six days or six weeks.
13. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
14. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
(a) Sylvia's will.
(b) Sylvia's letter.
(c) Sylvia's poem.
(d) Sylvia's play.
15. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(b) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(c) She did not believe in surgery.
(d) She was too weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
2. It was shocking to Barrie and Mary Hodgson to discover that Peter was having an affair with whom?
3. To what was this organization dedicated?
4. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
5. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)