|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Margaret.
(b) Margaret Ogilvy.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
2. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Sixteen String Jack."
(b) "Cowboy Jack."
(c) "Jack the Phantom."
(d) "Captain Jolly Jack."
3. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He jumped off a bridge.
(b) He overdosed.
(c) He died from cancer.
(d) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
4. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(b) A Scottish magazine.
(c) An English provincial newspaper.
(d) An English magazine.
5. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
(a) He was unsure.
(b) He did not care.
(c) He was not thrilled.
(d) He was thrilled.
6. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
(b) Hard work.
7. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
(b) He had discovered fairy dust.
(c) He did not weigh much.
(d) He could not grow up.
8. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
9. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
10. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
(a) He left the church.
(b) He had been late to many church services.
(c) He went on a rant in front of Queen Victoria.
(d) He had not completed his education.
11. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Coral Island.
(b) The Lost Island.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) The Solomon Islands.
12. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Arthur Davies.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Charles Frohman.
13. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
14. When was James Barrie born?
(a) April 9, 1860.
(b) July 9, 1860.
(c) May 9, 1860.
(d) June 9, 1860.
15. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Five feet.
(b) Five feet eight inches.
(c) Five feet ten inches.
(d) Six feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the working title of the play?
2. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
3. What was James' favorite comic series?
4. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
5. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)