|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
2. What was the working title of the play?
(a) Peter and Wendy.
(b) Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.
(c) Peter and Wendy Darling.
(d) Peter Pan and Wendy.
3. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
4. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
5. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
6. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(c) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(d) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
7. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
(a) He had not completed his education.
(b) He went on a rant in front of Queen Victoria.
(c) He left the church.
(d) He had been late to many church services.
8. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
9. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Solomon Islands.
(b) The Lost Island.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) The Coral Island.
10. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Jack the Phantom."
(b) "Sixteen String Jack."
(c) "Cowboy Jack."
(d) "Captain Jolly Jack."
11. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were the most boring of his life.
(b) They were the most difficult of his life.
(c) They were the happiest years in his life.
(d) They were very lonely.
12. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Peter Pan.
13. When was James Barrie born?
(a) May 9, 1860.
(b) June 9, 1860.
(c) April 9, 1860.
(d) July 9, 1860.
14. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
15. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
(a) Because of a business association with George Lewis.
(b) Because they were friends of Charles Frohman.
(c) Because they were very wealthy.
(d) Because they were related to the hosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
2. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
3. To where was the reverend transferred?
4. When did the play debut?
5. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)