|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead Until Dark."
(b) "Better Dead."
(c) "Dead in the Family."
(d) "Dead or Alive."
2. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(b) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(c) He received a full scholarship.
(d) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
3. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) The Davies boys and Mary.
(b) Mary and Sylvia.
(c) Arthur and Barrie.
(d) Arthur and Sylvia.
4. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
(a) Glass Lake.
(b) Green Lake.
(c) Black Lake.
(d) Blue Lake.
5. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
6. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
7. What was the working title of the play?
(a) Peter Pan and Wendy.
(b) Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.
(c) Peter and Wendy Darling.
(d) Peter and Wendy.
8. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Cowboy Jack."
(b) "Sixteen String Jack."
(c) "Captain Jolly Jack."
(d) "Jack the Phantom."
9. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Move to America.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
10. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
(a) He did not care.
(b) He was unsure.
(c) He was thrilled.
(d) He was not thrilled.
11. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Nothing like.
(b) Similar to.
(c) Just like.
(d) Almost like.
12. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He jumped off a bridge.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He overdosed.
(d) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
13. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
14. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were very lonely.
(b) They were the happiest years in his life.
(c) They were the most boring of his life.
(d) They were the most difficult of his life.
15. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
2. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
4. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
5. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)