|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
(b) He did not weigh much.
(c) He could not grow up.
(d) He had discovered fairy dust.
2. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
(d) Not entirely.
3. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(b) His health.
(c) The weather.
4. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(c) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(d) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
5. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
(b) Jane Ann.
6. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
(a) The relationship with his younger sister Maggie.
(b) The relationship with his sister Jane Ann.
(c) The relationship with his older brother.
(d) The relationship with his sister Sara.
7. To where was the reverend transferred?
(b) The ghettos of London.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Remote regions of Westmorland.
8. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
(a) Jack Llewelyn Davies.
(b) Arthur Llewelyn Davies.
(c) John Llewelyn Davies.
(d) James Llewelyn Davies.
9. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) Arthur and Barrie.
(b) The Davies boys and Mary.
(c) Arthur and Sylvia.
(d) Mary and Sylvia.
10. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(d) The theater.
11. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
12. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
(d) Jane Ann.
13. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Mother, My Life.
(b) My Margaret.
(c) Margaret Ogilvy.
14. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead or Alive."
(b) "Dead in the Family."
(c) "Better Dead."
(d) "Dead Until Dark."
15. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) Staten Island.
(b) The Lost Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Coral Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
2. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
3. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
4. After _________ long years of courtship, the couple married.
5. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)