|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
(a) The relationship with his sister Sara.
(b) The relationship with his younger sister Maggie.
(c) The relationship with his sister Jane Ann.
(d) The relationship with his older brother.
2. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
(a) No, he saw it as a waste of time.
(b) Yes, but not for a long time.
(c) Yes, it would be an instant hit.
(d) No, he saw it as a dream child.
3. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
4. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He worried about it.
(b) He fell in love immediately.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He regretted supporting it.
5. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Peter Pan.
6. How did Frohman take on the play?
(a) Sight unseen.
(b) After reading through the play.
(c) After a workshop performance of the play.
(d) After much deliberation.
7. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
8. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
(a) Because of a business association with George Lewis.
(b) Because they were related to the hosts.
(c) Because they were friends of Charles Frohman.
(d) Because they were very wealthy.
9. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(b) Go to university.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Travel the world.
10. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
(a) He thought this was her name.
(b) He did not like the name Sylvia.
(c) It is his favorite name.
(d) It is her middle name.
11. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Better Dead."
(b) "Dead or Alive."
(c) "Dead in the Family."
(d) "Dead Until Dark."
12. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) Arthur and Barrie.
(b) Mary and Sylvia.
(c) The Davies boys and Mary.
(d) Arthur and Sylvia.
13. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
14. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(b) His health.
(d) The weather.
15. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
Short Answer Questions
1. To where was the reverend transferred?
2. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
3. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
4. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
5. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)