|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
2. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
(a) The crocodile.
(b) Peter Pan.
(d) Captain Hook.
3. When did the play debut?
(a) October 22, 1904.
(b) September 22, 1904.
(c) December 22, 1904.
(d) November 22, 1904.
4. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
5. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
(a) Because of a business association with George Lewis.
(b) Because they were related to the hosts.
(c) Because they were very wealthy.
(d) Because they were friends of Charles Frohman.
6. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(b) Glasgow, Scotland.
(c) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(d) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
7. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
(a) He was not thrilled.
(b) He did not care.
(c) He was thrilled.
(d) He was unsure.
8. When was James Barrie born?
(a) April 9, 1860.
(b) June 9, 1860.
(c) May 9, 1860.
(d) July 9, 1860.
9. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
10. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
11. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Almost like.
(b) Similar to.
(c) Just like.
(d) Nothing like.
12. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
13. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
14. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
(d) Jane Ann.
15. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) Arthur and Barrie.
(b) Arthur and Sylvia.
(c) Mary and Sylvia.
(d) The Davies boys and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frohman take on the play?
2. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
3. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
4. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
5. What was James' favorite comic series?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)