|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(b) His health.
(d) The weather.
2. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Margaret.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
(d) Margaret Ogilvy.
3. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
(a) Peter Davies and his cousins, George, Jackie, Michael, and Nicole.
(b) Peter Davies and his brothers, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
(c) Peter Davies and his sisters, Georgette, Jackie, Michelle, and Nicole.
(d) Peter Davies and his friends, George, Jack, Michael, and Nico.
4. What was the working title of the play?
(a) Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.
(b) Peter and Wendy Darling.
(c) Peter Pan and Wendy.
(d) Peter and Wendy.
5. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
6. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
(a) He had not completed his education.
(b) He had been late to many church services.
(c) He went on a rant in front of Queen Victoria.
(d) He left the church.
7. When did the play debut?
(a) November 22, 1904.
(b) September 22, 1904.
(c) October 22, 1904.
(d) December 22, 1904.
8. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish magazine.
(b) An English magazine.
(c) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(d) An English provincial newspaper.
9. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Lost Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Coral Island.
10. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
11. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
(a) Arthur and Sylvia.
(b) Mary and Sylvia.
(c) The Davies boys and Mary.
(d) Arthur and Barrie.
12. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
13. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Margaret Smith.
(b) Minnie Palmer.
(c) Sylvia Davies.
(d) Mary Ansell.
14. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
15. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
2. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
3. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
4. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
5. To where was the reverend transferred?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)