|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
2. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
(a) Captain Hook.
(b) The crocodile.
(c) Peter Pan.
3. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
4. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
(a) Because they were related to the hosts.
(b) Because of a business association with George Lewis.
(c) Because they were friends of Charles Frohman.
(d) Because they were very wealthy.
5. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Never Land.
6. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
(a) The Great.
(b) The Great White Way.
(c) The Great White Father.
(d) The Great White.
7. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
(a) At the symphony.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At a dinner party.
(d) At a play.
8. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
9. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
10. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(b) A Scottish magazine.
(c) An English magazine.
(d) An English provincial newspaper.
11. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) Margaret Ogilvy.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
(d) My Margaret.
12. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
13. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(b) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(c) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(d) He received a full scholarship.
14. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
15. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
2. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
3. When did the play debut?
4. Where was James Barrie born?
5. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)