|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
(a) At a play.
(b) At a dinner party.
(c) At the symphony.
(d) At a ball.
2. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
(a) A famous hatmaker.
(b) A famous shoemaker.
(c) A famous dressmaker.
(d) A famous tailor.
3. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) He did not weigh much.
(b) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
(c) He could not grow up.
(d) He had discovered fairy dust.
4. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(a) Peter Pan.
(c) Captain Hook.
5. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
6. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Charles Frohman.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Arthur Davies.
7. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
8. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(b) Glasgow, Scotland.
(c) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(d) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
9. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
(a) It is his favorite name.
(b) It is her middle name.
(c) He did not like the name Sylvia.
(d) He thought this was her name.
10. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
(b) Jane Ann.
11. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
12. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
13. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A birthday dinner party.
(b) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
(c) An Easter dinner party.
(d) A Christmas dinner party.
14. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Just like.
(b) Similar to.
(c) Almost like.
(d) Nothing like.
15. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(b) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(c) He received a full scholarship.
(d) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
2. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
3. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
4. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
5. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)