|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did Barrie donate money at this time?
(a) Lord Lucas' library.
(b) Lord Lucas' brigade.
(c) Lord Lucas' hospital.
(d) Lord Lucas' school.
2. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
(a) As Barrie's girlfriend.
(b) As the boys' substitute mother.
(c) As the servant.
(d) As the boys' nanny.
3. Barrie continued his work at the hospital known as "________ in Beds."
4. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A computer.
(c) A stenography machine.
(d) A typewriter.
5. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Max and Moritz.
(b) Penny Dreadfuls.
(c) The Yellow Kid.
(d) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
2. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
3. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
4. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
5. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)