|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
2. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(d) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
3. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead or Alive."
(b) "Dead Until Dark."
(c) "Better Dead."
(d) "Dead in the Family."
4. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Arthur Davies.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Charles Frohman.
5. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(a) No, he was unable.
(b) No, Mary would not let him.
(d) No, he did not want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
2. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
3. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
4. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
5. What was The Nottingham Journal?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)