|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He was worried.
2. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A stenography machine.
(c) A computer.
(d) A typewriter.
3. How did Nico do at school?
(b) He acclimated well.
(c) At times he did well.
(d) Not well.
4. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Arthur Davies.
(c) Charles Frohman.
(d) George Meredith.
5. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
3. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
4. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
5. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)