|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie was so completely devoted to Sylvia and the children that it reminded Peter of the loyalty of _______ rather than of a man.
(a) A priest.
(b) A slave.
(c) A servant.
(d) The dog.
2. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
(a) James Llewelyn Davies.
(b) Arthur Llewelyn Davies.
(c) Jack Llewelyn Davies.
(d) John Llewelyn Davies.
3. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
4. Why does Mary Hodgson, the family's nurse stay on?
(a) She loves the boys.
(b) She is in love with Barrie.
(c) She is unhappy with the guardian situation.
(d) She needs work.
5. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Five feet.
(b) Five feet eight inches.
(c) Five feet ten inches.
(d) Six feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
2. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
3. Where was James Barrie born?
4. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
5. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)