|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14 begins with what?
(a) The outbreak of Protestant-Catholic problems in Ireland.
(b) The influenza outbreak during World War I.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The outbreak of war between Germany and Great Britain.
2. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) The crocodile.
(d) Captain Hook.
3. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(c) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(d) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
4. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
5. To where was the reverend transferred?
(a) The ghettos of London.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Remote regions of Westmorland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
2. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
3. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
4. Are the boys happy with the guardianship arrangement?
5. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)