|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
2. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
3. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(b) Comfort from her family.
(c) Support from the church.
(d) Food from her neighbors.
4. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Mary Ansell.
(d) Minnie Palmer.
5. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
3. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
4. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
5. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)