|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sylvia refused?
(a) Support from the church.
(b) Food from her neighbors.
(c) Funds that had been arranged by Arthur before he died.
(d) Comfort from her family.
2. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) Mary Ansell.
(c) Minnie Palmer.
(d) Margaret Smith.
3. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
4. Did Barri spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908?
(b) No, he did not want to.
(c) No, he was unable.
(d) No, Mary would not let him.
5. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
(a) Michael Davies.
(b) Peter Llewellyn Davies.
(c) George Davies.
(d) Nico Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
2. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
3. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
4. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
5. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)