|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(c) The theater.
2. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
3. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) Minnie Palmer.
(c) Margaret Smith.
(d) Mary Ansell.
4. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A Christmas dinner party.
(b) A birthday dinner party.
(c) An Easter dinner party.
(d) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
5. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
(a) March 1, 1904.
(b) August 1, 1904.
(c) December 1, 1904.
(d) May 1, 1904.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
2. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
4. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
5. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)