|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
2. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
3. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
4. Why could Sylvia not have an operation?
(a) She was allergic to the anesthetic.
(b) She did not believe in surgery.
(c) The cancer was located too close to her heart.
(d) She was too weak.
5. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He had not suffered.
(b) He was in heaven.
(c) He would remain a boy forever.
(d) He was watching over them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sylvia begin to draft?
2. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
3. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
4. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
5. Eventually did Barrie did support the family?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)