|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(b) My Mother, My Life.
(c) Margaret Ogilvy.
(d) My Margaret.
2. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead or Alive."
(b) "Dead Until Dark."
(c) "Better Dead."
(d) "Dead in the Family."
3. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
(a) A three-week long fishing trip.
(b) A three-week long camping trip.
(c) A three-week long ski holiday trip.
(d) A three-week long cruise.
4. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(b) With Arthur's will.
(c) With Arthur's obituary.
(d) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
5. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was this surprise located?
2. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
3. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
4. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
5. When was James Barrie born?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)