|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(a) Ph. D.
2. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) An English magazine.
(b) A Scottish magazine.
(c) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(d) An English provincial newspaper.
3. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
(a) Yes, but not for a long time.
(b) Yes, it would be an instant hit.
(c) No, he saw it as a waste of time.
(d) No, he saw it as a dream child.
4. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
5. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He received a full scholarship.
(b) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(c) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(d) He had always wanted to go to school here.
Short Answer Questions
1. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
2. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
3. Was the specialists' prognosis good?
4. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
5. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)