|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(b) Max and Moritz.
(c) The Yellow Kid.
(d) Penny Dreadfuls.
2. Arthur Llewelyn Davies was one of _________ sons.
3. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(a) Captain Hook.
(b) Peter Pan.
4. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
(a) Not entirely.
5. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(b) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(c) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(d) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
2. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
3. Arthur died in what year?
4. What happened to Sylvia?
5. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)