|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
(a) August 1, 1904.
(b) December 1, 1904.
(c) March 1, 1904.
(d) May 1, 1904.
2. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Move to America.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(d) Go to university.
3. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
4. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
(a) Their siblings.
(b) Their friends.
(d) Their families.
5. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frohman take on the play?
2. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
3. When was James Barrie born?
4. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
5. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)