|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
2. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
3. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) He could not grow up.
(b) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
(c) He did not weigh much.
(d) He had discovered fairy dust.
4. When did the play debut?
(a) November 22, 1904.
(b) October 22, 1904.
(c) September 22, 1904.
(d) December 22, 1904.
5. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
(a) No, he saw it as a waste of time.
(b) Yes, it would be an instant hit.
(c) No, he saw it as a dream child.
(d) Yes, but not for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
2. What was The Nottingham Journal?
3. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
4. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
5. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)