|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
(a) Yes, but not for a long time.
(b) Yes, it would be an instant hit.
(c) No, he saw it as a waste of time.
(d) No, he saw it as a dream child.
2. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(b) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(c) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
3. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
4. To where was the reverend transferred?
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) The ghettos of London.
(d) Remote regions of Westmorland.
5. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He fell in love immediately.
(b) He worried about it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He regretted supporting it.
Short Answer Questions
1. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
2. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
3. How did Frohman take on the play?
4. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
5. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)