|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) An Easter dinner party.
(b) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
(c) A birthday dinner party.
(d) A Christmas dinner party.
2. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Five feet.
(d) Five feet eight inches.
3. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
(a) It is his favorite name.
(b) It is her middle name.
(c) He did not like the name Sylvia.
(d) He thought this was her name.
4. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
(a) Not entirely.
5. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
(a) December 1, 1904.
(b) May 1, 1904.
(c) August 1, 1904.
(d) March 1, 1904.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James' favorite comic series?
2. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
3. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
4. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
5. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)