|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(a) His health.
(d) The weather.
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
(c) He overdosed.
(d) He jumped off a bridge.
3. How did Frohman take on the play?
(a) Sight unseen.
(b) After reading through the play.
(c) After a workshop performance of the play.
(d) After much deliberation.
4. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
5. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A birthday dinner party.
(b) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
(c) An Easter dinner party.
(d) A Christmas dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
2. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
4. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
5. Ansell would soon find that Barrie desperately lacked what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)