|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frohman take on the play?
(a) After reading through the play.
(b) After much deliberation.
(c) After a workshop performance of the play.
(d) Sight unseen.
2. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Nothing like.
(b) Almost like.
(c) Just like.
(d) Similar to.
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Captain Jolly Jack."
(b) "Sixteen String Jack."
(c) "Cowboy Jack."
(d) "Jack the Phantom."
4. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
(b) A Christmas dinner party.
(c) A birthday dinner party.
(d) An Easter dinner party.
5. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
2. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
3. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
4. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
5. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)