|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Lost Island.
(b) The Coral Island.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) The Solomon Islands.
2. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Captain Jolly Jack."
(b) "Jack the Phantom."
(c) "Sixteen String Jack."
(d) "Cowboy Jack."
3. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
(a) At a ball.
(b) At a play.
(c) At a dinner party.
(d) At the symphony.
4. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
5. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Travel the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within a few __________ of the meeting at the dinner party, the couple was engaged.
2. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
3. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
4. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
5. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)