|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
2. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At a play.
(d) At the symphony.
3. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(b) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(d) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
4. When was James Barrie born?
(a) May 9, 1860.
(b) June 9, 1860.
(c) April 9, 1860.
(d) July 9, 1860.
5. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
(a) Green Lake.
(b) Blue Lake.
(c) Glass Lake.
(d) Black Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
4. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
5. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)