|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(d) Ph. D.
2. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead Until Dark."
(b) "Dead or Alive."
(c) "Dead in the Family."
(d) "Better Dead."
3. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Five feet ten inches.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet eight inches.
4. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
5. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were the most boring of his life.
(b) They were the most difficult of his life.
(c) They were the happiest years in his life.
(d) They were very lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
2. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
4. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
5. As fond of the Llewelyn Davies family as Barrie was, he was disappointed when who did not form a friendship?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)