|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(b) An English provincial newspaper.
(c) A Scottish magazine.
(d) An English magazine.
2. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He had not suffered.
(b) He was watching over them.
(c) He would remain a boy forever.
(d) He was in heaven.
3. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Nothing like.
(b) Almost like.
(c) Similar to.
(d) Just like.
4. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He fell in love immediately.
(c) He regretted supporting it.
(d) He worried about it.
5. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Charles Frohman.
(c) Arthur Davies.
(d) George Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
2. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
3. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
4. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
5. When did the play debut?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)