|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead in the Family."
(b) "Better Dead."
(c) "Dead or Alive."
(d) "Dead Until Dark."
2. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He fell in love immediately.
(b) He regretted supporting it.
(c) He worried about it.
(d) He hated it.
3. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He overdosed.
(c) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
(d) He jumped off a bridge.
4. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
(b) Hard work.
5. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Max and Moritz.
(b) The Yellow Kid.
(c) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(d) Penny Dreadfuls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
2. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
3. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
4. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
5. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)