|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He worried about it.
(b) He regretted supporting it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He fell in love immediately.
2. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Minnie Palmer.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Mary Ansell.
(d) Sylvia Davies.
3. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Go to university.
(c) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(d) Move to America.
4. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Max and Moritz.
(b) The Yellow Kid.
(c) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(d) Penny Dreadfuls.
5. To where was the reverend transferred?
(a) Remote regions of Westmorland.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) The ghettos of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
2. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
3. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
4. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
5. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)