|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Men than women.
(b) Adults than children.
(c) Women than men.
(d) Children than adults.
2. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(c) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
(d) East Kilbride, Scotland.
3. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
(a) He had not completed his education.
(b) He went on a rant in front of Queen Victoria.
(c) He left the church.
(d) He had been late to many church services.
4. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(c) The theater.
5. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
2. What did George think of the appearance of Wendy?
3. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
4. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
5. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)