|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
(a) Blue Lake.
(b) Glass Lake.
(c) Green Lake.
(d) Black Lake.
2. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
(a) A famous hatmaker.
(b) A famous dressmaker.
(c) A famous shoemaker.
(d) A famous tailor.
3. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(b) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(d) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
4. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
5. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
(a) A ladies man.
(b) An actor.
(c) A politician.
(d) A father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
2. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
3. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
4. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
5. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)