|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(c) The weather.
(d) His health.
2. How did Frohman take on the play?
(a) After a workshop performance of the play.
(b) Sight unseen.
(c) After reading through the play.
(d) After much deliberation.
3. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Five feet ten inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Five feet eight inches.
(d) Five feet.
4. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(b) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(c) He received a full scholarship.
(d) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
5. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Just like.
(b) Nothing like.
(c) Similar to.
(d) Almost like.
Short Answer Questions
1. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
2. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
4. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
5. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)