|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Adults than children.
(b) Men than women.
(c) Children than adults.
(d) Women than men.
2. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
3. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
(a) Jack Llewelyn Davies.
(b) Arthur Llewelyn Davies.
(c) John Llewelyn Davies.
(d) James Llewelyn Davies.
4. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(b) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(d) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
5. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(b) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(c) He received a full scholarship.
(d) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
2. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
3. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
4. What was the working title of the play?
5. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)