|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Go to university.
(c) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(d) Move to America.
2. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(b) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
(c) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(d) Glasgow, Scotland.
3. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
(a) Black Lake.
(b) Glass Lake.
(c) Blue Lake.
(d) Green Lake.
4. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Almost like.
(b) Similar to.
(c) Nothing like.
(d) Just like.
5. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(b) Ph. D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
2. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
3. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
4. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
5. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)