|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) Margaret Ogilvy.
(b) My Margaret.
(d) My Mother, My Life.
2. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Mary Ansell.
(b) Sylvia Davies.
(c) Margaret Smith.
(d) Minnie Palmer.
3. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Women than men.
(b) Adults than children.
(c) Children than adults.
(d) Men than women.
4. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(d) The theater.
5. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) East Kilbride, Scotland.
(b) Glasgow, Scotland.
(c) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(d) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
3. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
4. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
5. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)