|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
(d) Jane Ann.
2. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(a) Ph. D.
3. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
4. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Max and Moritz.
(b) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(c) Penny Dreadfuls.
(d) The Yellow Kid.
5. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Minnie Palmer.
(b) Mary Ansell.
(c) Sylvia Davies.
(d) Margaret Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
2. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
3. When was James Barrie born?
4. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
5. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)