|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(b) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(d) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
2. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
3. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
(d) Hard work.
4. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
5. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(d) Ph. D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
2. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
3. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
4. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
5. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)