|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Mother, My Life.
(b) My Margaret.
(c) Margaret Ogilvy.
2. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
3. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
(c) Jane Ann.
4. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(b) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(c) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(d) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
5. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was James Barrie born?
2. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
3. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
4. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
5. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)