|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
2. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He had not suffered.
(b) He was in heaven.
(c) He would remain a boy forever.
(d) He was watching over them.
3. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) Penny Dreadfuls.
(b) Max and Moritz.
(c) The Yellow Kid.
(d) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
4. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish magazine.
(b) An English magazine.
(c) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(d) An English provincial newspaper.
5. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(b) Go to university.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Travel the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
3. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
4. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
5. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)