|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) A Scottish magazine.
(b) An English provincial newspaper.
(c) An English magazine.
(d) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
2. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
(b) Jane Ann.
3. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Margaret.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
(d) Margaret Ogilvy.
4. Where was James Barrie born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) Kirriemuir, Scotland.
(c) Kirkcaldy, Scotland.
(d) East Kilbride, Scotland.
5. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(b) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(c) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
2. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
3. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
4. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
5. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)