|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were the happiest years in his life.
(b) They were the most boring of his life.
(c) They were the most difficult of his life.
(d) They were very lonely.
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He overdosed.
(b) He jumped off a bridge.
(c) He died from cancer.
(d) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
3. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He would remain a boy forever.
(b) He was in heaven.
(c) He had not suffered.
(d) He was watching over them.
4. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(b) Margaret Ogilvy.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
(d) My Margaret.
5. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
(a) A ladies man.
(b) A politician.
(c) An actor.
(d) A father.
Short Answer Questions
1. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
2. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
3. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
4. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
5. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)