|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
(a) The relationship with his sister Sara.
(b) The relationship with his younger sister Maggie.
(c) The relationship with his older brother.
(d) The relationship with his sister Jane Ann.
2. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A Christmas dinner party.
(b) An Easter dinner party.
(c) A birthday dinner party.
(d) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
3. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Five feet eight inches.
(d) Five feet ten inches.
4. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) An English magazine.
(b) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(c) A Scottish magazine.
(d) An English provincial newspaper.
5. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(b) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(c) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(d) He received a full scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
2. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
4. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
5. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)