|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
2. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He overdosed.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
(d) He jumped off a bridge.
3. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead Until Dark."
(b) "Dead in the Family."
(c) "Dead or Alive."
(d) "Better Dead."
4. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
(a) Jane Ann.
5. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(b) Ph. D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
2. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
3. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
4. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
5. Where was James Barrie born?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)