|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
2. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(b) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(c) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(d) He received a full scholarship.
3. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
(a) The relationship with his younger sister Maggie.
(b) The relationship with his older brother.
(c) The relationship with his sister Jane Ann.
(d) The relationship with his sister Sara.
4. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(c) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(d) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
5. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(b) The theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
2. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
3. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
4. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
5. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)