|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(c) Ph. D.
2. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) He received a full scholarship.
(b) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(c) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(d) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
(a) A ladies man.
(b) A father.
(c) A politician.
(d) An actor.
4. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(b) My Mother, My Life.
(c) Margaret Ogilvy.
(d) My Margaret.
5. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Cowboy Jack."
(b) "Sixteen String Jack."
(c) "Jack the Phantom."
(d) "Captain Jolly Jack."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James' favorite comic series?
2. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
3. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
4. When was James Barrie born?
5. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)