|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(c) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(d) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
2. Where did Barrie meet Sylvia Llewellyn Davies?
(a) A Christmas dinner party.
(b) A New Year's Eve dinner party.
(c) An Easter dinner party.
(d) A birthday dinner party.
3. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(d) Ph. D.
4. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Mary Ansell.
(d) Minnie Palmer.
5. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was The Nottingham Journal?
2. At age 17, how tall was Barrie?
3. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
4. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
5. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)