|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
2. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(b) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(c) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
3. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
(b) Jane Ann.
4. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(b) The theater.
5. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He overdosed.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He jumped off a bridge.
(d) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
2. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
3. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
4. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
5. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)