|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
2. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
(a) They were the happiest years in his life.
(b) They were the most difficult of his life.
(c) They were very lonely.
(d) They were the most boring of his life.
3. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(b) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
(c) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(d) He received a full scholarship.
4. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Better Dead."
(b) "Dead or Alive."
(c) "Dead in the Family."
(d) "Dead Until Dark."
5. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(a) Captain Hook.
(d) Peter Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James' favorite comic series?
2. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
3. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
4. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
5. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)