|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age 18, Barrie left Dumfries Academy. What did he want to do?
(a) Return to Kirriemuir and become a writer.
(b) Move to America.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Travel the world.
2. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
3. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Adults than children.
(b) Women than men.
(c) Children than adults.
(d) Men than women.
4. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(a) Ph. D.
5. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Dead Until Dark."
(b) "Better Dead."
(c) "Dead in the Family."
(d) "Dead or Alive."
Short Answer Questions
1. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
2. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
4. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
5. When was James Barrie born?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)