|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1882, Barrie returned to Kirriemuir with his _______ degree.
(d) Ph. D.
2. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
3. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(b) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(c) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(d) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Minnie Palmer.
(d) Mary Ansell.
5. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) My Mother, My Life.
(b) My Margaret.
(c) Margaret Ogilvy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
2. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
3. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
4. What was James' favorite comic series?
5. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)