|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
(a) He would remain a boy forever.
(b) He was in heaven.
(c) He had not suffered.
(d) He was watching over them.
2. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
(b) Hard work.
3. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Captain Jolly Jack."
(b) "Sixteen String Jack."
(c) "Jack the Phantom."
(d) "Cowboy Jack."
4. Who was the driving force in the Barrie family?
5. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(a) Captain Hook.
(d) Peter Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say about his five years at Dumfries Academy?
2. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
3. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
4. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
5. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)