|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
(a) "Captain Jolly Jack."
(b) "Sixteen String Jack."
(c) "Jack the Phantom."
(d) "Cowboy Jack."
2. It seemed that Mary had rethought her resignation. Mary adjusted herself to the situation, and Barrie put a plan into action that would guarantee Mary's resignation. What was this plan?
(a) Barrie put Gerrie in charge of house at Campden Hill Square.
(b) Barrie lowered her salary.
(c) Barrie placed her in a home down the street.
(d) Barrie gave her more work to do.
3. He often referred to Mary as what?
(b) A sad loss.
(c) A hot mess.
(d) A disaster.
4. How important had Barrie become at Edinburgh University?
(c) Very little.
(d) Not at all.
5. What are the details of this expression?
(a) Michael returned to school.
(b) Michael had ended his marriage.
(c) Michael had mended their relationship.
(d) Michael had come back to Barrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
2. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
3. Where would the Barries soon end up?
4. Although Jack was not particularly thrilled when Barrie required the couple to wait for a year, he knew that it was something that had to be done. Why?
5. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)