|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary was furious and issued what ultimatum?
(a) Either her salary is raised or she leaves.
(b) Either she is given less work to do or she leaves.
(c) Either she returns home or the resigns.
(d) Either Gerrie leaves or she would.
2. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
(a) Their friends.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their siblings.
3. When did Barrie die?
(a) On January 19, 1937.
(b) On August 19, 1937.
(c) On June 19, 1937.
(d) On November 19, 1937.
4. What are George and Peter called to do?
(a) Go to America's aid.
(b) Serve their country.
(c) Become medics.
(d) Go to Ireland.
5. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
(a) In his home.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) In his parents' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the Barries soon end up?
2. Who did Barrie support?
3. How did Michael feel about school?
4. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
5. Are there many objections from outsiders to Barrie being the boys' guardian?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)