|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(d) The theater.
2. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
3. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
4. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
(a) Blue Lake.
(b) Glass Lake.
(c) Black Lake.
(d) Green Lake.
5. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
(a) Charles Frohman.
(b) Arthur Davies.
(c) Thomas Hardy.
(d) George Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
2. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
3. What was James' favorite comic series?
4. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
5. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)