|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their families.
(d) Their siblings.
2. What happened when Frohman read the play?
(a) He regretted supporting it.
(b) He worried about it.
(c) He fell in love immediately.
(d) He hated it.
3. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(b) Captain Hook.
(d) Peter Pan.
4. It was obvious that Barrie was much more at home with ______________.
(a) Children than adults.
(b) Adults than children.
(c) Men than women.
(d) Women than men.
5. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
(a) The Great.
(b) The Great White Father.
(c) The Great White.
(d) The Great White Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was The Nottingham Journal?
2. Who were all dubbed as Peter Pan in the press?
3. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
4. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
5. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)