|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
2. To where was the reverend transferred?
(a) The ghettos of London.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Remote regions of Westmorland.
3. Perhaps the highest point at this time in Barrie's life however was the beginning of a correspondence with whom?
(a) His future publisher, Charles Frohman.
(b) An actress named Minnie Palmer.
(c) His soon-to-be best friend, Thomas Hardy.
(d) His hero, fellow Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. Who helped Barrie get his first literary job?
(b) Jane Ann.
5. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Peter Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
2. After _________ long years of courtship, the couple married.
3. What relationship helped James to gain much-needed self-confidence?
4. Barrie had a meeting with ______________ regarding the play.
5. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)