|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Just like.
(b) Almost like.
(c) Nothing like.
(d) Similar to.
2. The first draft of the play, "Peter Pan," was finished ____________.
(a) December 1, 1904.
(b) March 1, 1904.
(c) August 1, 1904.
(d) May 1, 1904.
3. One friend, six-year-old Margaret Henley, can be credited with creating what name?
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Never Land.
4. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
5. What was the working title of the play?
(a) Peter and Wendy.
(b) Peter and Wendy Darling.
(c) Peter Pan and Wendy.
(d) Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Frohman read the play?
2. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
3. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
4. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
5. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)