|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only argument between Frohman and James?
(a) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be an actor.
(b) Frohman wanted him to be a novelist and he wanted to be a playwright.
(c) Frohman wanted him to be a playwright and he wanted to be a novelist.
(d) Frohman wanted him to be an actor and he wanted to be a playwright.
2. What did David Barrie bring into the life of young James?
3. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
(a) Peter Llewellyn Davies.
(b) Nico Davies.
(c) George Davies.
(d) Michael Davies.
4. Barrie began to tell Frohman about the play, which he had renamed what?
(a) The Great White.
(b) The Great.
(c) The Great White Father.
(d) The Great White Way.
5. Chapter 2 begins with Barrie talking about his love of what?
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
2. The births of the Llewelyn Davies boys are chronicled. George was born in 1893; Jack in 1894; Peter in 1897; Michael 1900; and _________ in 1903.
3. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
4. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
5. Barrie was the ____________ child to David Barrie and Margaret Ogilvy.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)