|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
(a) Glass Lake.
(b) Black Lake.
(c) Green Lake.
(d) Blue Lake.
2. Barrie wrote about Peter, who still had the ability to fly because of what reason?
(a) His mother did not weigh him down at birth.
(b) He did not weigh much.
(c) He could not grow up.
(d) He had discovered fairy dust.
3. In this book is the perhaps the first appearance of ______________, who was then known as Captain Swarthy.
(a) The crocodile.
(b) Peter Pan.
(d) Captain Hook.
4. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
(a) Margaret Ogilvy.
(b) My Margaret.
(c) My Mother, My Life.
5. Barrie had been working on the production of "The Wedding Guest," an Ibsen-like play that was ____________ the light hearted comedy, "The Little Minister."
(a) Similar to.
(b) Just like.
(c) Nothing like.
(d) Almost like.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the play debut?
2. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
3. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
4. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
5. Why was Arthur's father not offered a bishopric?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)