|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
(a) He thought this was her name.
(b) He did not like the name Sylvia.
(c) It is her middle name.
(d) It is his favorite name.
2. What was The Nottingham Journal?
(a) An English magazine.
(b) A Scottish provincial newspaper.
(c) A Scottish magazine.
(d) An English provincial newspaper.
3. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
(a) His parents wanted him to follow the plan created for David.
(b) He received a full scholarship.
(c) He had always wanted to go to school here.
(d) His parents felt that going to university would be good for him.
4. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) Staten Island.
(b) The Lost Island.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Coral Island.
5. How did Frohman take on the play?
(a) After reading through the play.
(b) After a workshop performance of the play.
(c) After much deliberation.
(d) Sight unseen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie's nephew Charlie was the impetus for Barrie's creation of a character named ___________.
2. The prologue begins by discussing the death of whom?
3. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
4. What happened when Frohman read the play?
5. Sylvia had begun to earn money by working for whom?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)