|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Davies die in 1960?
(a) He stepped in front of an oncoming train.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He overdosed.
(d) He jumped off a bridge.
2. When did the play debut?
(a) September 22, 1904.
(b) December 22, 1904.
(c) October 22, 1904.
(d) November 22, 1904.
3. This book was more fanciful however, its design fashioned after ____________.
(a) The Solomon Islands.
(b) The Coral Island.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) The Lost Island.
4. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
5. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
(b) Not entirely.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
2. Barrie and Sylvia seemed to grow ever closer. Eventually Sylvia would be referred to by Barrie as what?
3. Barrie named the book "The Boy Castaways of _________________ Island."
4. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
5. After seeing "Bandalero the Bandit", the clergyman denounced the play in a local newspaper, referring to it as grossly immoral. How did Barrie feel about this?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)