|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1888, Barrie self published his first novel titled, __________.
(a) "Better Dead."
(b) "Dead or Alive."
(c) "Dead Until Dark."
(d) "Dead in the Family."
2. What was James' favorite comic series?
(a) The Yellow Kid.
(b) Ally Sloper's Half Holiday.
(c) Max and Moritz.
(d) Penny Dreadfuls.
3. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
4. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
(a) Queer business.
(b) Annoying business.
(c) Rude business.
(d) Amusing business.
5. With what did Barrie have some bargaining power?
(a) A play he had published titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(b) A play he had produced titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(c) A play he had purchased titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
(d) A play he had written earlier titled "Alice Sit-by-the-Fire."
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie's relationships with the Llewelyn Davies children grew stronger. ___________, now age 7, remained Barrie's favorite.
2. Arthur had to spend time recuperating _____________ after the surgery.
3. Barrie dreamed of becoming what?
4. Edinburgh turned out to be the ______________ years of Barrie's life.
5. During the summer of Michael's ________ birthday, the Davies family rented a cottage at Tilford, which was a five-minute walk from their cottage.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)