|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It began to seem obvious that Arthur was ____________ thrilled with his family's involvement with Barrie.
(c) Not entirely.
2. Things changed for Barrie when in 1892, he met _______________, an actress who operated her own touring company.
(a) Sylvia Davies.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Minnie Palmer.
(d) Mary Ansell.
3. Did Barrie say he thought the play would be successful?
(a) No, he saw it as a waste of time.
(b) No, he saw it as a dream child.
(c) Yes, but not for a long time.
(d) Yes, it would be an instant hit.
4. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
(a) George Carlton.
(b) Gilbert Cannan.
(c) Gerry Caanan.
(d) Goeffrey Camden.
5. Why did Barrie not realize his wife was having an affair?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He did not care about her.
(c) He was in denial.
(d) He was preoccupied with work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frohman take on the play?
2. One of the first references to "Peter Pan" was Barrie's belief that all children were once _________ and so there had to be bars on the nursery windows in case the children would forget they could no longer fly.
3. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
4. James' school friend, Stuart Gordon, adopted the name "Dare Devil Dick" and Barrie was ____________.
5. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)