|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seemed to intrigue Barrie the most while at school?
(d) The theater.
2. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
(a) Their siblings.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their families.
3. What was the working title of the play?
(a) Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.
(b) Peter and Wendy Darling.
(c) Peter Pan and Wendy.
(d) Peter and Wendy.
4. Why was it natural that Arthur and Sylvia would be invited to the New Year's Eve dinner party where they would meet Barrie?
(a) Because they were friends of Charles Frohman.
(b) Because they were related to the hosts.
(c) Because of a business association with George Lewis.
(d) Because they were very wealthy.
5. How does Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With Arthur's will.
(b) With Arthur's obituary.
(c) With a letter from Sylvia to Dolly discussing the death of Arthur and the grief experienced by the family.
(d) With a letter from Dolly offering her condolences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barrie decided to write about his mother's existence in the novel, ____________.
2. What was one of the few things that seemed to console Margaret after David's death?
3. Why did Barrie enroll at Edinburgh University?
4. James Barrie's father, David Barrie, was a ______________.
5. Which child was the apple of Margaret's eye?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)