|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
(b) Their siblings.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their families.
2. In 1916, Mary Hodgson offered her resignation. How did Barrie react?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was worried.
(d) He was surprised.
3. Chapter 4 begins with the author speaking about the ___________ family who was, in fact, based on the family of Arthur and Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, parents to George and Jack.
4. The search for a country home had to finally yielded fruit for Mary. Mary had found a house in Surrey, known as ___________ Cottage.
(a) Glass Lake.
(b) Green Lake.
(c) Blue Lake.
(d) Black Lake.
5. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
(a) She had a panic attack.
(b) She suffered a miscarriage.
(c) She became ill.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
2. Mary also joined the party along with ______________, a man with whom Mary was becoming infatuated.
3. One of the last letters Barrie received from George was one telling his surrogate father to do what?
4. How did Mary Hodgson often referred to herself?
5. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)