|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After many years of being excluded from Barrie's work, Mary learned to use what and was able to perform duties for her husband?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A stenography machine.
(d) A computer.
2. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
3. Arthur was how old when this happened?
4. Why did Barrie call Sylvia this name?
(a) It is his favorite name.
(b) He thought this was her name.
(c) He did not like the name Sylvia.
(d) It is her middle name.
5. Arthur, a young and rapidly rising barrister, met Sylvia du Maurier in 1889 where?
(a) At the symphony.
(b) At a play.
(c) At a ball.
(d) At a dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 begins with what?
2. The author describes the background of Arthur Davies, who was the son of Reverend who?
3. News arrived that what had happened to Michael?
4. What happened to Sylvia on August 27, 1910?
5. The Davies family had settled in comfortably to their new country home, __________ House.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)