|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barrie was surprised when Jack announced his engagement to __________________, the daughter of a Scots banker.
(a) Geraldine "Gerrie" Gibb.
(b) Gabriella "Gerrie" Gibb.
(c) Angelica "Gerrie" Gibb.
(d) Gertrude "Gerrie" Gibb.
2. Who did Barrie support?
(a) Several fledgling writers.
(b) Several elderly writers.
(c) Several elderly actors.
(d) Several fledgling actors.
3. Arthur died in what year?
4. Where was it torpedoed?
(a) Just off the English coast.
(b) Just off the Irish coast.
(c) Just off the French coast.
(d) Just off the American coast.
5. The only thing that could dampen Barrie's spirit was what?
(a) The weather.
(b) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what was Sylvia diagnosed?
2. Birkin writes: "The engagement came as something of a surprise to their friends, for although Arthur and Sylvia made a spectacularly handsome couple, _____________ had virtually nothing in common." (Chapter 4 page 47).
3. Arthur would soon find that the ____ miles he had put between Barrie and his new home was not enough.
4. Where was this surprise located?
5. How did Nico do at school?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)