|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which year do Alobar and Kudra come the closest to separating?
2. What is the title of Part III?
3. What is the name of the giant beet the author mentions?
4. What do the monks in the monastery across the street have trouble with?
5. Where has Alobar been during the time between Parts I and II?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
2. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
3. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
4. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
5. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
6. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
7. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
8. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
9. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
10. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)