|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What techniques do Alobar and Kudra practice that are necessary to a long life?
2. How long have Alobar and Kudra spent living in the caves?
3. Which character says, "A pox on squabbling lovers"?
4. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
5. Which character arrives where Alobar is while dressed as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
2. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
3. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
4. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
5. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
6. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
7. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
8. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
9. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
10. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Self Reliance and Independent Thought" in Jitterbug Perfume. Where is this theme illuminated? Which characters represent this theme?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)