|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kudra want to open in Paris?
2. Which character says, "A pox on squabbling lovers"?
3. Priscilla is invited to a dinner held where?
4. Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy of the Last Laugh Foundation believes in what?
5. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
2. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
3. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
4. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
5. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
6. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
7. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
8. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
9. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
10. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Religion and Custom" in Jitterbug Perfume. How does this theme apply to the characters? How does it shape the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Pan in Jitterbug Perfume. How is this character described? What is he an allusion to?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)