|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy of the Last Laugh Foundation believes in what?
2. What does Priscilla need for her perfume project in Part II?
3. Before finding Alobar, Kudra plans on going where?
4. How many years pass since we last see Alobar?
5. Upon what kind of ship do Alobar and Kudra flee and watch their house burn?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
2. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
3. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
4. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
5. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
6. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
7. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
8. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
9. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
10. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Religion and Custom" in Jitterbug Perfume. How does this theme apply to the characters? How does it shape the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)