|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among fowl, which does the author claim would wear a jester's hat?
2. Alobar and Kudra are students and practitioners of what?
3. What does Alobar nickname Kudra many years ago?
4. What is the name of the prostitute that Alobar negotiates with?
5. What does Kudra see in her vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
2. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
3. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
4. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
5. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
6. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
7. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
8. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
9. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
10. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)