|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Priscilla's stepmother?
2. Kudra says she fled whose corruption?
3. What happens to Lalo in Part III?
4. Of the trees, which does the author claim would be a stand-up comedian?
5. What year is it in the beginning of Part III?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
2. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
3. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
4. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
5. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
6. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
7. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
8. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
9. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
10. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)