|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alobar get a job working in a spice caravan and hence travel to?
2. Which character arrives where Alobar is while dressed as a boy?
3. What do the workers pressure "the boy" to do for fun?
4. Which character comments that man is as entitled to immortality as the gods are while talking to Pan?
5. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Religion and Custom" in Jitterbug Perfume. How does this theme apply to the characters? How does it shape the plot?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)