|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alobar get a job working in a spice caravan and hence travel to?
2. What year is it in the beginning of Part III?
3. Why doesn't Priscilla buy the ingredient she needs?
4. What position is Ricki promoted to in Part II?
5. How does Kudra's husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
2. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
3. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
4. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
5. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
6. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
7. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
8. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
9. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
10. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)