|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the nine planets, which does the author say looks like the most fun?
2. Who is Priscilla's stepmother?
3. How long is Alobar gone while looking for Pan?
4. What does Alobar name the perfume he and Pan create?
5. Among fowl, which does the author claim would wear a jester's hat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)