|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Alobar and Kudra spent living in the caves?
2. What arrives in the FedEx package for Priscilla?
3. Ever since Kudra has been on the business trip with her father for the incense business, what has she wanted to do?
4. Where did Priscilla's father live?
5. What does Kudra see in her vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
2. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
3. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
4. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
5. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
6. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
7. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
8. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
9. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
10. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)