|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character tells Alobar and Kudra that gods like Pan live only as long as people believe in them?
2. Which character is Priscilla's father?
3. What is the business of Kudra's husband?
4. Where does Alobar find a place for Kudra to sleep after he first sees her in the mountains?
5. During which period do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
2. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
3. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
4. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
5. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
6. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
7. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
8. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
9. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
10. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Robbins' use of metaphor and simile throughout the novel. What is unique about the author's descriptions? Define simile and metaphor in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)