|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Kudra have with her husband?
2. What position is Ricki promoted to in Part II?
3. Where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies?
4. Which character do the police arrest in Part III?
5. Where did Alobar get a job working in a spice caravan and hence travel to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
2. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
3. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
4. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
5. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
6. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
7. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
8. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
9. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
10. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)