|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kudra's husband?
2. In what year do Alobar and Kudra enter Bohemia?
3. Why is Pan in Paris at the beginning of Part III?
4. What queen will receive tutoring?
5. Where does Alobar say he is going to find the masters who have powers over death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
2. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
3. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
4. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
5. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
6. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
7. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
8. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
9. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
10. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)