|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Kudra have with her husband?
2. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
3. Which character do the police arrest in Part III?
4. What is the name of the prostitute that Alobar negotiates with?
5. What do the monks in the monastery across the street have trouble with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
2. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
3. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
4. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
5. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
6. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
7. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
8. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
9. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
10. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Self Reliance and Independent Thought" in Jitterbug Perfume. Where is this theme illuminated? Which characters represent this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)