|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year do Alobar and Kudra enter Bohemia?
2. What queen will receive tutoring?
3. Where is Priscilla's husband from?
4. Alobar and Kudra are students and practitioners of what?
5. Why is Pan in Paris at the beginning of Part III?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Religion and Custom" in Jitterbug Perfume. How does this theme apply to the characters? How does it shape the plot?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)