|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Priscilla is invited to a dinner held where?
2. Which character says, "A pox on squabbling lovers"?
3. Where has Alobar been during the time between Parts I and II?
4. Where did Alobar get a job working in a spice caravan and hence travel to?
5. What color is the glass bottle that Pan brings to the incense shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
2. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
3. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
4. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
5. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
6. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
7. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
8. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
9. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
10. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Immortality" in Jitterbug Perfume. What symbols or motifs represent this theme? How is this theme tied to the actions and characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)