|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pan in Paris at the beginning of Part III?
2. What is across the street from the shop Alobar and Kudra open?
3. Where do Kudra and Alobar travel after leaving Bohemia?
4. How long is Alobar gone while looking for Pan?
5. Where does Alobar say he is going to find the masters who have powers over death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
2. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
3. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
4. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
5. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
6. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
7. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
8. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
9. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
10. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Pan in Jitterbug Perfume. How is this character described? What is he an allusion to?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)