|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What techniques do Alobar and Kudra practice that are necessary to a long life?
2. Where does Alobar go to find Pan?
3. What does the narrator write would be cast as Macbeth or Hamlet?
4. Where does Alobar say he is going to find the masters who have powers over death?
5. What does Kudra see in her vision?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robbins' use of metaphor and simile throughout the novel. What is unique about the author's descriptions? Define simile and metaphor in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)