|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What techniques do Alobar and Kudra practice that are necessary to a long life?
2. Before finding Alobar, Kudra plans on going where?
3. Where has Alobar been during the time between Parts I and II?
4. How old is Kudra when her marriage is arranged?
5. Which character is Priscilla's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
2. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
3. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
4. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
5. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
6. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
7. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
8. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
9. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
10. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)