|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "A pox on squabbling lovers"?
2. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor?
3. How many years pass since we last see Alobar?
4. What year is it in the beginning of Part III?
5. What do the workers pressure "the boy" to do for fun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
2. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
3. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
4. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
5. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
6. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
7. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
8. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
9. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
10. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)