|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workers pressure "the boy" to do for fun?
2. What color is the glass bottle that Pan brings to the incense shop?
3. Where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies?
4. What does Alobar nickname Kudra many years ago?
5. What is the title of Part II?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
2. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
3. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
4. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
5. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
6. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
7. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
8. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
9. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
10. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)