|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what kind of ship do Alobar and Kudra flee and watch their house burn?
2. Which character says, "A pox on squabbling lovers"?
3. Among fowl, which does the author claim would wear a jester's hat?
4. Ever since Kudra has been on the business trip with her father for the incense business, what has she wanted to do?
5. How long is Alobar gone while looking for Pan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
2. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
3. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
4. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
5. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
6. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
7. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
8. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
9. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
10. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Pan in Jitterbug Perfume. How is this character described? What is he an allusion to?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)