|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alobar tell Kudra he stayed with in the caves?
2. What do the monks in the monastery across the street have trouble with?
3. In what year do Alobar and Kudra enter Bohemia?
4. What is across the street from the shop Alobar and Kudra open?
5. Where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
2. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
3. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
4. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
5. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
6. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
7. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
8. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
9. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
10. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Immortality" in Jitterbug Perfume. What symbols or motifs represent this theme? How is this theme tied to the actions and characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Pan in Jitterbug Perfume. How is this character described? What is he an allusion to?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)