|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute that Alobar negotiates with?
2. During which period do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies?
3. How long have Alobar and Kudra spent living in the caves?
4. What is the name of the giant beet the author mentions?
5. What arrives in the FedEx package for Priscilla?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
2. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
3. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
4. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
5. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
6. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
7. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
8. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
9. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
10. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy. What real person is this character based upon? How do their theories compare? What does Dr. Dannyboy believe in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)