|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part II?
2. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
3. Which character do the police arrest in Part III?
4. How does Kudra's husband die?
5. People like Alobar and Kudra learn how to put their own electrical pulses on a frequency consistent with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
2. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
3. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
4. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
5. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
6. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
7. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
8. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
9. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
10. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the LeFever twins. What are the names of these two characters? How are they related? What do they do? What is their significance to the overall plot?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)