|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
2. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
3. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
4. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
5. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
2. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
3. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
4. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
5. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
6. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
7. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
9. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
10. How is the LeFever business operated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the LeFever twins. What are the names of these two characters? How are they related? What do they do? What is their significance to the overall plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)