|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
2. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
3. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
4. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
5. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
2. What happens at the Daughters of the Daily Special meeting where Priscilla is supposed to be nominated for a scholarship?
3. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
4. What does Kudra say she has seen on the Other Side?
5. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
6. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
7. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
8. What does Alobar decide to send to Dr. Dannyboy in prison? Why?
9. Where had Alobar lived for several years in America? Why was this a convenient place for him to live?
10. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Immortality" in Jitterbug Perfume. What symbols or motifs represent this theme? How is this theme tied to the actions and characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy. What real person is this character based upon? How do their theories compare? What does Dr. Dannyboy believe in?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)