|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Devalier also known as to the fashionable folk?
2. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
3. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
4. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
5. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
2. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
3. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
4. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
5. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
6. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
7. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
8. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
9. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
10. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy. What real person is this character based upon? How do their theories compare? What does Dr. Dannyboy believe in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)