|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
2. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
3. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
4. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
5. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
2. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
4. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
5. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
6. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
7. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
8. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
10. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)