|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
2. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
3. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
4. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
5. Where are the LeFevers located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
2. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
3. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
4. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
5. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
6. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
7. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
8. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
9. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
10. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the LeFever twins. What are the names of these two characters? How are they related? What do they do? What is their significance to the overall plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)