|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
2. What is the name of Alobar's dog?
3. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
4. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
5. In what city does Priscilla live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
2. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
3. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
4. What is physically happening to Alobar in prison? Why?
5. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
6. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
7. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
8. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. What happens at the Daughters of the Daily Special meeting where Priscilla is supposed to be nominated for a scholarship?
10. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)