|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
2. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
3. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
4. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
5. What is the name of Priscilla's coworker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
2. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
3. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
4. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
5. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
6. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
8. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
9. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
10. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)