|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
2. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
3. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
4. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
5. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
2. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
3. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
4. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
5. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
6. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
8. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
9. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
10. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Self Reliance and Independent Thought" in Jitterbug Perfume. Where is this theme illuminated? Which characters represent this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robbins' use of metaphor and simile throughout the novel. What is unique about the author's descriptions? Define simile and metaphor in your answer.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)