|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
2. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
3. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
4. When was perfume introduced to France?
5. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
2. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
3. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
4. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
5. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
6. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
7. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
8. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
10. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Religion and Custom" in Jitterbug Perfume. How does this theme apply to the characters? How does it shape the plot?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)