|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the egg laced with?
2. Where is Marcel's nose insured?
3. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
4. What is Madame Devalier also known as to the fashionable folk?
5. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
2. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
4. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
5. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
6. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
7. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
10. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy. What real person is this character based upon? How do their theories compare? What does Dr. Dannyboy believe in?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)