Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
2. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
3. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
4. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
5. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alobar and Kudra's program for immortality based upon and what does it include?
2. What happens when V'lu attempts to call Claude LeFever with the secret ingredient of the perfume?
3. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
4. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
5. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
6. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
7. When did Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy become interested in immortality?
8. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
9. What is physically happening to Alobar in prison? Why?
10. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
Discuss the theme of "Self Reliance and Independent Thought" in Jitterbug Perfume. Where is this theme illuminated? Which characters represent this theme?
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)