|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
2. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
3. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
4. What is the name of Priscilla's coworker?
5. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
2. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
3. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
4. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
5. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
6. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
8. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
10. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)