|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
2. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
3. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
4. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
5. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
2. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
3. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
4. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
5. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
6. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
7. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
9. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
10. How is the LeFever business operated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. What is their plot line structured around? How do they know one another? What themes are tied to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)