|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
2. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Madame Devalier also known as to the fashionable folk?
4. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
5. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
2. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
4. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
5. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
6. How is the LeFever business operated?
7. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
8. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
9. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
10. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)