|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
2. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
3. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
4. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
5. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
2. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
3. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
4. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
5. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
6. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
7. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
8. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
9. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
10. In Part IV, where are Lily and V'lu when Priscilla goes to find them? Why are they there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Religion and Custom" in Jitterbug Perfume. How does this theme apply to the characters? How does it shape the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robbins' use of metaphor and simile throughout the novel. What is unique about the author's descriptions? Define simile and metaphor in your answer.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)