|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the LeFevers located?
2. For what reason is Frol banished from the kingdom?
3. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
4. What color is Priscilla's work uniform?
5. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
2. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
3. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
4. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
5. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
6. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
7. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
8. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
9. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
10. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Pan in Jitterbug Perfume. How is this character described? What is he an allusion to?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jitterbug Perfume to Homer's The Odyssey. Which characters are reflective of the earlier epic? What stylistic elements are similar between the two texts?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)