|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
2. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
3. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
4. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
5. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
2. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
4. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
5. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
6. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
8. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
10. How is the LeFever business operated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)