|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
2. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
4. In what city does Priscilla live?
5. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
2. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
4. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
5. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
6. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
8. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
9. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
10. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Kudra in Jitterbug Perfume. What is her connection with Alobar? What themes are tied to this character? Where does she travel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Immortality" in Jitterbug Perfume. What symbols or motifs represent this theme? How is this theme tied to the actions and characters in the novel?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)