|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
2. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
3. What is Alobar crowned the king of in the village?
4. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
5. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
2. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
3. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
4. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
5. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
6. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
7. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
9. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
10. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Albert Einstein in Jitterbug Perfume. Who knows him? What are his last words? What is his thematic significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the LeFever twins. What are the names of these two characters? How are they related? What do they do? What is their significance to the overall plot?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)