|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
2. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
3. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
4. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
5. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
2. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
3. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
4. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
5. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
6. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
7. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
8. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
9. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
10. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robbins' use of metaphor and simile throughout the novel. What is unique about the author's descriptions? Define simile and metaphor in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Jitterbug Perfume. What stylistic elements is Tom Robbins known for? What structural elements are reflective of his style?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy. What real person is this character based upon? How do their theories compare? What does Dr. Dannyboy believe in?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)