Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
2. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
3. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
4. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
5. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alobar and Kudra's program for immortality based upon and what does it include?
2. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
3. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
4. What does Alobar decide to send to Dr. Dannyboy in prison? Why?
5. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
6. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
7. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
8. What does Kudra say she has seen on the Other Side?
9. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
10. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)