|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
2. Where is Marcel's nose insured?
3. Where are the LeFevers located?
4. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
5. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
2. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
4. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
5. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
6. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
8. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
10. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the travels of Alobar in Jitterbug Perfume. How old is this character at the end of the novel? Has he grown as a spiritual being throughout his journey? If so, how?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)