|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
2. What does Priscilla work as?
3. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
4. Where is Marcel's nose insured?
5. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
2. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
3. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
4. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
5. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
6. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
7. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
8. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
9. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
10. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and motif in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some of the more prominent motifs? What do they represent?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robbins' use of metaphor and simile throughout the novel. What is unique about the author's descriptions? Define simile and metaphor in your answer.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)