|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the LeFevers located?
2. What is Alobar crowned the king of in the village?
3. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
4. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
5. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
2. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
3. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
4. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
5. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
6. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
7. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
8. How is the LeFever business operated?
9. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
10. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Priscilla and Ricki. What do they do? How do they know one another? What tests their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four principles for immortality as established in the novel by Kudra and Alobar. What are these based upon?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)