|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
2. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
3. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
4. What is the name of the king's castle?
5. What religion do Alobar and Frol convert to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
2. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
3. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
4. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
5. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
6. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
7. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
8. How is the LeFever business operated?
9. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
10. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Pan in Jitterbug Perfume. How is this character described? What is he an allusion to?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of "the beet" in Jitterbug Perfume. What is its significance to the plot, characters and themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four simultaneous plot lines in Jitterbug Perfume. How do these separate plots converge in the novel? What themes are revealed throughout each?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)