|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
2. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
3. What is the egg laced with?
4. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
5. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
2. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
3. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
4. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
5. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
6. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
7. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
8. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
9. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
10. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the LeFever twins. What are the names of these two characters? How are they related? What do they do? What is their significance to the overall plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Love" in Jitterbug Perfume. What does the author write about love in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Jitterbug Perfume. What are some examples from the text of this literary device? Define the term in your answer.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)