|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Priscilla's stepmother?
(a) Lily Devalier.
(d) Mrs. Wilson.
2. How old is Kudra when her marriage is arranged?
3. What do the monks in the monastery across the street have trouble with?
(b) Erotic dreams.
(c) Eating problems.
(d) The smell.
4. Kudra says she fled whose corruption?
(a) The Israelis.
(b) The Myanmar.
(c) The Rashidi.
(d) The Brahmans.
5. How old is Priscilla when she marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alobar and Kudra are students and practitioners of what?
2. What is the name of the prostitute that Alobar negotiates with?
3. What does the narrator write would be cast as Macbeth or Hamlet?
4. How does Kudra's husband die?
5. Among fowl, which does the author claim would wear a jester's hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
2. When and where do Alobar and Kudra meet the gypsies? What object does Alobar catch them looking for?
3. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
4. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
5. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
6. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
7. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
8. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
9. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
10. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)