|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pan drag back to the incense shop following the funeral of Descartes?
(a) A rose.
(b) A perfume bottle.
(c) A coat.
(d) A wig.
2. Why is Pan in Paris at the beginning of Part III?
(a) For Descartes' funeral.
(b) To find Lalo.
(c) To visit Alobar.
(d) To travel to America.
3. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
(c) Van Gogh.
4. What position is Ricki promoted to in Part II?
(a) Assistant bartender.
(b) Head waitress.
(d) Assistant manager.
5. What is the name of the giant beet the author mentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. People like Alobar and Kudra learn how to put their own electrical pulses on a frequency consistent with what?
2. Where did Alobar get a job working in a spice caravan and hence travel to?
3. What do the workers pressure "the boy" to do for fun?
4. What does Priscilla need for her perfume project in Part II?
5. Where does Alobar say he is going to find the masters who have powers over death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
2. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
3. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
4. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
5. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
6. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
7. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
8. Where do Alobar and Kudra go after leaving the caves? What does Alobar do there?
9. Why did Madame Devalier go to Paris? In Part II, what information is revealed to V'lu about this trip?
10. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)