|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kudra's father use beets for?
2. What does Priscilla need for her perfume project in Part II?
(a) Jasmine oil.
(b) Beet juice.
(c) Rose oil.
(d) Tomato flower oil.
3. How old is Priscilla when she marries?
4. Which character tells Alobar and Kudra that gods like Pan live only as long as people believe in them?
5. What does Pan drag back to the incense shop following the funeral of Descartes?
(a) A rose.
(b) A coat.
(c) A perfume bottle.
(d) A wig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the monks in the monastery across the street have trouble with?
2. Where has Alobar been during the time between Parts I and II?
3. What is the title of Part II?
4. What is the name of the prostitute that Alobar negotiates with?
5. What is the title of Part III?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
2. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
3. In Part II, what does Priscilla do after receiving her package and leaving work?
4. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor? What does she decide to do with it?
5. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
6. In Part II, what does Madame Devalier tell V'lu about Priscilla's parents?
7. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
8. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
9. In Part III, what does the author note about Descartes?
10. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)