|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character arrives where Alobar is while dressed as a boy?
2. What techniques do Alobar and Kudra practice that are necessary to a long life?
(a) Breathing and bathing.
(b) Exercise and sleeping.
(c) Sleeping and moving.
(d) Eating and drinking.
3. Of the nine planets, which does the author say looks like the most fun?
4. Who is Priscilla's stepmother?
(a) Mrs. Wilson.
(c) Lily Devalier.
5. Why doesn't Priscilla buy the ingredient she needs?
(a) It's illegal.
(b) It's unattainable in the United States.
(c) It's poisonous.
(d) She can't afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the business of Kudra's husband?
2. Where do Kudra and Alobar decide to try to rematerialize?
3. Why is Pan in Paris at the beginning of Part III?
4. What color is the glass bottle that Pan brings to the incense shop?
5. What does Kudra want to open in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
2. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
3. What is Kudra skilled at? How did she learn this skill?
4. Who does Alobar meet while fleeing from the suttee? What does this character have with her?
5. In Part III, where does Kudra decide she wants to settle? What does this discussion lead to?
6. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
7. What is Kudra's response to her arranged marriage? What does her father tell her?
8. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
9. At the beginning of Part II, where and with whom do readers find Priscilla? What is she in need of?
10. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)