|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
2. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
3. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Buffalo grazing.
(b) Tennis courts.
(d) Steam trains.
4. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The spring.
(c) The desert.
(d) The river.
5. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was perfume introduced to France?
2. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
3. What is the egg laced with?
4. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
5. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
2. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
3. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
4. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
5. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
6. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
7. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
8. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
9. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
10. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)