|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
2. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The onion.
(b) The beet.
(c) The radish.
(d) The tomato.
3. Which character is half-goat, half-man?
4. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
5. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was perfume introduced to France?
2. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
3. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
4. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
5. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
2. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
3. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
4. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
5. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
6. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
8. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
9. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
10. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)