|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is half-goat, half-man?
2. Where does Priscilla keep her money?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In a bank account.
(c) In a fishbowl.
(d) In a piggy bank.
3. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(d) Louis XIV.
4. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
(b) Stink mist.
(c) Foot smoke.
(d) Mouse gas.
5. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
(a) The onion.
(b) The beet.
(c) The potato.
(d) The turnip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
2. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
3. Where are the LeFevers located?
4. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
5. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
2. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
3. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
4. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
5. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
6. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
7. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
8. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
9. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
10. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)