|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
(a) Stink mist.
(b) Foot smoke.
(c) Mouse gas.
2. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
(b) The shaman.
3. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
4. When was perfume introduced to France?
(a) The 1700s.
(b) The 1500s.
(c) The 800s.
(d) The 1200s.
5. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
(a) The first.
(b) The most regal.
(c) The youngest.
(d) The favorite.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
2. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
3. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
4. What is the egg laced with?
5. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when V'lu attempts to call Claude LeFever with the secret ingredient of the perfume?
2. What does Kudra say she has seen on the Other Side?
3. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
4. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
5. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
6. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
7. Where do Alobar and Kudra travel after leaving Constantinople? What do they find there?
8. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
9. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
10. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)