|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
2. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
(a) A Wal-Mart.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A museum.
3. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
4. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
5. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
2. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
3. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
4. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
5. Which character smashes the magic glass after Alobar is buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
2. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
3. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
4. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
5. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
6. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
7. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
8. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
9. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
10. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)