|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(d) New Orleans.
2. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(a) Peppermint schnapps.
(c) Hurricane drops.
3. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
4. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(c) Native American.
5. Where are the LeFevers located?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
2. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
3. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
4. How is Marcel related to Claude?
5. In what neighborhood does Priscilla live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
2. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
3. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
4. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
5. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
6. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
7. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
8. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
9. How is the LeFever business operated?
10. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)