|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Crown him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Banish him.
(d) Uncrown him.
2. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
(a) The shaman.
(b) The wizard.
(c) The goblin.
(d) The necromancer.
3. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
4. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
(a) The most regal.
(b) The favorite.
(c) The first.
(d) The youngest.
5. What is the name of the king's castle?
(a) The Citadel.
(b) The Dark Horse.
(c) The Epicenter.
(d) The White Stag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
2. What does Priscilla work as?
3. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
4. What religion do Alobar and Frol convert to?
5. Where are the LeFevers located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
2. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
3. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
4. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
5. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
6. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
9. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
10. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)