|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
2. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
3. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
(a) The onion.
(b) The turnip.
(c) The beet.
(d) The potato.
4. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every full moon.
(b) Every new moon.
(c) Every three days.
(d) Every week.
5. What does Priscilla work as?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A chemist.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
2. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
3. What is Alobar crowned the king of in the village?
4. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
5. When was perfume introduced to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
2. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
3. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
4. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
5. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
6. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
7. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
8. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
9. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
10. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)