Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A child.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A bat.
2. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
3. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
(b) Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy.
(c) Madame Devalier.
4. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
(a) An apple.
(b) A steak.
(c) A beet.
(d) An egg.
5. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every three days.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every new moon.
(d) Every full moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's castle?
2. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
3. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
4. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
5. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alobar and Kudra's program for immortality based upon and what does it include?
2. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
3. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
4. What does Alobar decide to send to Dr. Dannyboy in prison? Why?
5. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
6. Describe the suttee that Alobar witnesses in India.
7. What vision does Alobar experience when he and Kudra try to dematerialize?
8. What does Kudra say she has seen on the Other Side?
9. In Part III, what is the year and what event does Pan attend?
10. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)