|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what neighborhood does Priscilla live?
(a) Capital Hill.
(b) The Garden District.
(c) West Pines.
(d) Jackson Square.
2. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
3. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
(a) The onion.
(b) The turnip.
(c) The beet.
(d) The potato.
4. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
(a) Sixty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
5. What is the name of the king's castle?
(a) The Citadel.
(b) The White Stag.
(c) The Epicenter.
(d) The Dark Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
2. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
3. What is the name of Alobar's dog?
4. What does Priscilla work as?
5. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
2. Describe the character of Priscilla. What is her profession? What is her education?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
4. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
5. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
6. How is the LeFever business operated?
7. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
8. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
9. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
10. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)