|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marcel related to Claude?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are father and son.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are uncle and nephew.
2. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(d) New Orleans.
3. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A note.
(c) A beet.
(d) A flower.
4. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The beet.
(b) The tomato.
(c) The onion.
(d) The radish.
5. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
(a) Devalier Perfume.
(b) N'awlin's Smells.
(c) LeSalle Devalier.
(d) Parfumerie Devalier.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
2. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of Alobar's dog?
4. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the name of the king's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
2. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
3. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
4. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
5. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
6. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
7. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
8. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
9. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
10. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)