|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason is Frol banished from the kingdom?
(a) Smashing the glass.
(b) Marrying another.
(c) Bearing a child.
(d) Killing Alobar.
2. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
(b) The birth of sons.
(c) Inability to fulfill his wives' sexual appetites.
(d) The birth of daughters.
3. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
4. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
(a) Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy.
(b) Madame Devalier.
5. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
(a) The most regal.
(b) The favorite.
(c) The first.
(d) The youngest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
2. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
3. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
4. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
5. Where are the LeFevers located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
2. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
3. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
4. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
5. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
6. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
7. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
8. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
9. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
10. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)