|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the LeFevers located?
(d) New York.
2. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A beet.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bee.
(d) A note.
3. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
(a) One child.
4. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
(a) LeSalle Devalier.
(b) Parfumerie Devalier.
(c) Devalier Perfume.
(d) N'awlin's Smells.
5. How is Marcel related to Claude?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are father and son.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are uncle and nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
2. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
3. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
4. In what neighborhood does Priscilla live?
5. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
2. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
3. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
4. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
5. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
6. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
7. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
9. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
10. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)