|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The Centennial.
(d) The Great Depression.
2. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
3. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
(b) The shaman.
4. What is the egg laced with?
(c) Magic mushrooms.
5. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
(a) Bryson Bay.
(b) Carnival Bay.
(c) Elliott Bay.
(d) Beaver Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
2. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
3. What is Noog?
4. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
5. What is Madame Devalier also known as to the fashionable folk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
2. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
3. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
4. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
5. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
6. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
7. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
8. How is the LeFever business operated?
9. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
10. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)