|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character smashes the magic glass after Alobar is buried?
2. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
3. When was perfume introduced to France?
(a) The 800s.
(b) The 1200s.
(c) The 1500s.
(d) The 1700s.
4. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Buffalo grazing.
(b) Steam trains.
(d) Tennis courts.
5. Where does Priscilla keep her money?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In a bank account.
(c) In a piggy bank.
(d) In a fishbowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Priscilla's coworker?
2. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
3. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
4. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
5. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
2. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
3. How is the LeFever business operated?
4. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
5. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
6. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
7. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
8. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
9. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
10. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)