|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Noog?
(a) A demigod.
(b) A jester.
(c) A necromancer.
(d) A goat.
3. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The onion.
(b) The beet.
(c) The radish.
(d) The tomato.
4. What is the name of Madame Devalier's shop?
(a) Parfumerie Devalier.
(b) N'awlin's Smells.
(c) Devalier Perfume.
(d) LeSalle Devalier.
5. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
2. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
3. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
4. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
5. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
2. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
3. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
4. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
5. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
6. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
7. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
8. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. Discuss Priscilla's relationship with Ricki. How do they know one another? What are their feelings about each other?
10. How is the LeFever business operated?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)