|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(a) Peppermint schnapps.
(d) Hurricane drops.
2. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
(a) A wrinkle.
(b) A scar.
(c) A black hair.
(d) A white hair.
3. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
4. How is Marcel related to Claude?
(a) They are father and son.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are uncle and nephew.
5. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A beet.
(b) A bee.
(c) A note.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the LeFevers located?
2. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
3. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
4. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
5. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Kudra see in the crystal ball? What does this prompt her and Alobar to do?
2. What is physically happening to Alobar in prison? Why?
3. What happens when V'lu attempts to call Claude LeFever with the secret ingredient of the perfume?
4. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
5. What are the first troubles that accompany Alobar and Kudra's immortality?
6. What would have been the restrictions on Kudra as a widow? How does she escape this fate?
7. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
8. What is Kudra's reply to Alobar when he says she fled death? Where did she plan to go?
9. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
10. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)