|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
(a) Sixty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Forty years.
2. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(b) New Orleans.
3. What does Priscilla work as?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A writer.
(c) A chemist.
(d) A nurse.
4. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The beet.
(b) The radish.
(c) The tomato.
(d) The onion.
5. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
(a) The goblin.
(b) The necromancer.
(c) The shaman.
(d) The wizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
2. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
3. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
4. What religion do Alobar and Frol convert to?
5. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when V'lu attempts to call Claude LeFever with the secret ingredient of the perfume?
2. How is the LeFever business operated?
3. In Part III, what is one of the causes of Alobar and Kudra's current squabbles?
4. In Part II, what arrives for Priscilla at work?
5. In Part III, who is the prostitute Alobar encounters? What does she tell him?
6. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
7. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
8. How old was Priscilla when she was married and what were the circumstances surrounding her marriage?
9. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
10. What does Alobar decide to send to Dr. Dannyboy in prison? Why?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)