|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
2. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(a) Louis XIV.
3. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
4. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
5. In what city does Priscilla live?
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
2. What color is Priscilla's work uniform?
3. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
4. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
5. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
2. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
3. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
4. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
5. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
6. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
7. In Part I, what does Alobar say of death while speaking to the shaman?
8. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
9. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
10. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)