|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Sixty years.
2. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(a) Hurricane drops.
(c) Peppermint schnapps.
3. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A Wal-Mart.
(c) A museum.
(d) A monastery.
4. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
5. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(a) Louis XIV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's castle?
2. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
3. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
4. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
5. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the LeFever business operated?
2. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
3. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
4. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
5. Who appears at the spring where Alobar decides to rest for the night? What reason does this character give for being there?
6. In Part I, what does the shaman tell Alobar he must do?
7. What is the "King of the Bean" custom?
8. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
9. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
10. In Part I, who does Alobar meet in a field and what do they discuss?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)