|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
(a) A scar.
(b) A black hair.
(c) A white hair.
(d) A wrinkle.
2. What is Noog?
(a) A demigod.
(b) A goat.
(c) A necromancer.
(d) A jester.
3. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
4. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bee.
(c) A note.
(d) A beet.
5. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
2. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
3. Where is Marcel's nose insured?
4. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
5. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
2. In Part I, what does Alobar do once he looks into the magic glass?
3. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
4. What magical object is found in Alobar's court? Where does it stay?
5. How is the LeFever business operated?
6. Describe the character of Madame Lily Devalier. What is her profession? How long has she been in this business?
7. What is taking place in New Orleans in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
8. What are some examples of metaphors and/or similes from the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
9. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
10. Describe the setting of the LeFever building. Where is it? What is its appearance?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)