|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the egg laced with?
(a) Magic mushrooms.
2. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(c) New Orleans.
3. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
(a) A stone.
(b) A bean.
(c) A grain of rice.
(d) A worm.
4. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
5. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A bat.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is Frol banished from the kingdom?
2. How is Marcel related to Claude?
3. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
4. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
5. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one connection of the three separate plots in the opening of Jitterbug Perfume?
2. What are the "fatal signals" of age in a king of Alobar's land?
3. What is Aelfric? Who goes there?
4. What is it customary to do in Alobar's kingdom regarding aging rulers?
5. What does Marcel tell Claude arrived during the opening? What is significant about this object?
6. Discuss the relationship between Madame Lily Devalier and V'lu. How do these women know one another?
7. Who have Madame Devalier and V'lu bought jasmine flowers from in the opening? How is this character described?
8. How does Noog gather the proof needed for Alobar's execution?
9. How many storylines are established in Jitterbug Perfume? What are the settings of each?
10. What is Wren's response to Alobar's story about the hair?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)