|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is burned alive in the funeral pyre?
(a) The wife.
(b) The husband.
(c) The children.
(d) The dog.
2. How many children does Kudra have with her husband?
3. Upon what kind of ship do Alobar and Kudra flee and watch their house burn?
4. Where does Alobar witness the funeral pyre?
5. What queen will receive tutoring?
6. What do the workers pressure "the boy" to do for fun?
(a) Start a fire.
(b) Disrobe and swim.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Disrobe and dance.
7. Why doesn't Priscilla buy the ingredient she needs?
(a) It's illegal.
(b) It's unattainable in the United States.
(c) She can't afford it.
(d) It's poisonous.
8. Where do Kudra and Alobar decide to try to rematerialize?
(c) The future.
(d) The New World.
9. What is the name of Kudra's husband?
10. What does Alobar nickname Kudra many years ago?
11. What techniques do Alobar and Kudra practice that are necessary to a long life?
(a) Exercise and sleeping.
(b) Eating and drinking.
(c) Breathing and bathing.
(d) Sleeping and moving.
12. Before finding Alobar, Kudra plans on going where?
13. How many years pass since we last see Alobar?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
14. How old is Kudra when her marriage is arranged?
15. What does Kudra want to open in Paris?
(a) A candleshop.
(b) A rope store.
(c) A nursery.
(d) An incense shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is across the street from the shop Alobar and Kudra open?
2. Where has Alobar been during the time between Parts I and II?
3. How long have Alobar and Kudra spent living in the caves?
4. Which character comments that man is as entitled to immortality as the gods are while talking to Pan?
5. Of the trees, which does the author claim would be a stand-up comedian?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)