|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among fowl, which does the author claim would wear a jester's hat?
(a) The duck.
(b) The goose.
(c) The chicken.
(d) The ostrich.
2. What is the most effective scent Kudra can find to cover Pan's odor?
(c) Rose petal.
3. Of the trees, which does the author claim would be a stand-up comedian?
(a) The willow.
(b) The elm.
(c) The palm.
(d) The oak.
4. Why doesn't Priscilla buy the ingredient she needs?
(a) It's unattainable in the United States.
(b) She can't afford it.
(c) It's illegal.
(d) It's poisonous.
5. Where did Priscilla's father live?
(d) New Hampshire.
6. What job is the "boy" given?
(a) Fetching water.
(b) Moving stones.
(c) Starting the fire.
7. How many years pass since we last see Alobar?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
8. Where does Alobar witness the funeral pyre?
9. What is across the street from the shop Alobar and Kudra open?
(a) A monastary and cathedral.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A candleshop.
10. Where do Kudra and Alobar decide to try to rematerialize?
(b) The future.
(d) The New World.
11. What does Pan drag back to the incense shop following the funeral of Descartes?
(a) A rose.
(b) A perfume bottle.
(c) A coat.
(d) A wig.
12. Who goes to Stockholm to tutor the queen?
(a) Van Gogh.
13. Where does Alobar find a place for Kudra to sleep after he first sees her in the mountains?
(a) A cave.
(b) A riverbed.
(c) A castle.
(d) A stable.
14. Who is burned alive in the funeral pyre?
(a) The wife.
(b) The dog.
(c) The husband.
(d) The children.
15. What color is the glass bottle that Pan brings to the incense shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the nine planets, which does the author say looks like the most fun?
2. What is the title of Part III?
3. What does Alobar name the perfume he and Pan create?
4. Where has Alobar been during the time between Parts I and II?
5. What does Kudra see in her vision?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)