|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
(a) The river.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The spring.
(d) The desert.
2. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
3. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
4. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
5. Where does Priscilla keep her money?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In a bank account.
(c) In a fishbowl.
(d) In a piggy bank.
6. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
(a) A black hair.
(b) A scar.
(c) A wrinkle.
(d) A white hair.
7. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
(a) A whale mask.
(b) A feather mask.
(c) A cat mask.
(d) A dog mask.
8. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
9. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
(b) Madame Devalier.
(d) Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy.
10. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
(a) An apple.
(b) A steak.
(c) A beet.
(d) An egg.
11. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The onion.
(b) The tomato.
(c) The radish.
(d) The beet.
12. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
(a) The youngest.
(b) The favorite.
(c) The most regal.
(d) The first.
13. Where are the LeFevers located?
(a) New York.
14. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(b) Native American.
15. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was perfume introduced to France?
2. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
3. What religion do Alobar and Frol convert to?
4. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
5. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)