|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
(a) Foot smoke.
(c) Stink mist.
(d) Mouse gas.
2. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Steam trains.
(b) Buffalo grazing.
(c) Tennis courts.
3. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
4. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
5. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(c) Native American.
6. What is Madame Devalier also known as to the fashionable folk?
(a) Queen of Olfactory.
(b) Madame Voodoo.
(c) Queen of Good Smells.
(d) Madame WhooDoo.
7. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
(a) A bat.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A child.
(d) A magpie.
8. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
9. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
(a) A feather mask.
(b) A whale mask.
(c) A cat mask.
(d) A dog mask.
10. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
11. Where is Marcel's nose insured?
(c) Paris International.
(d) Lloyd's of London.
12. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
(a) Beaver Bay.
(b) Elliott Bay.
(c) Bryson Bay.
(d) Carnival Bay.
13. How is Marcel related to Claude?
(a) They are father and son.
(b) They are uncle and nephew.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
14. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
15. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
(a) The youngest.
(b) The favorite.
(c) The first.
(d) The most regal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
2. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
3. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
4. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
5. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)