|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
(a) The wizard.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The necromancer.
(d) The goblin.
2. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
3. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
(d) One child.
4. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Banish him.
(b) Crown him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Uncrown him.
5. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every full moon.
(b) Every three days.
(c) Every new moon.
(d) Every week.
6. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
(b) Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy.
(d) Madame Devalier.
7. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
8. What color is Priscilla's work uniform?
9. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
(a) The desert.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The spring.
(d) The river.
10. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
11. Which character smashes the magic glass after Alobar is buried?
12. In what city does Priscilla live?
(a) New Orleans.
13. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
(a) A flower.
(b) A beet.
(c) A note.
(d) A bottle.
14. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(d) Louis XIV.
15. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
2. How is Marcel related to Claude?
3. The egg sits upon a pillow made of what kind of material?
4. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
5. For what reason is Frol banished from the kingdom?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)