|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the egg laced with?
(a) Magic mushrooms.
2. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every full moon.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every three days.
(d) Every new moon.
3. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
4. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Centennial.
5. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
(a) A white hair.
(b) A black hair.
(c) A wrinkle.
(d) A scar.
6. What does Priscilla work as?
(a) A writer.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A chemist.
(d) A nurse.
7. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Four a.m.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
8. What is the name of Alobar's dog?
9. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Buffalo grazing.
(c) Steam trains.
(d) Tennis courts.
10. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
11. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
12. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
13. What is the name of Priscilla's coworker?
(a) Mary Lou.
14. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
15. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
(a) A beet.
(b) An apple.
(c) A steak.
(d) An egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
2. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
3. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
4. Which character smashes the magic glass after Alobar is buried?
5. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)