|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
2. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
(a) A beet.
(b) A steak.
(c) An apple.
(d) An egg.
3. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A note.
(c) A flower.
(d) A beet.
4. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
5. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Tennis courts.
(b) Steam trains.
(d) Buffalo grazing.
6. What is the name of Priscilla's coworker?
(b) Mary Lou.
7. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
8. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(b) Native American.
9. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
10. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
11. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
12. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Crown him.
(d) Uncrown him.
13. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(a) Louis XIV.
14. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(b) Peppermint schnapps.
(d) Hurricane drops.
15. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
2. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
3. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
4. What lies to the west of Alobar's kingdom?
5. What is Noog?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)