|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A note.
(b) A bee.
(c) A beet.
(d) A flower.
2. Who is the Co-Vice President of the LeFever company?
3. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
(b) The shaman.
4. Which character smashes the magic glass after Alobar is buried?
5. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
6. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
(a) Mouse gas.
(c) Foot smoke.
(d) Stink mist.
7. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Three a.m.
(c) Four a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
8. What is the main vegetable in the village where Frol and Alobar settle?
(a) The potato.
(b) The turnip.
(c) The onion.
(d) The beet.
9. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
(a) A museum.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A Wal-Mart.
(d) A cemetery.
10. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Uncrown him.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Crown him.
(d) Kill him.
11. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
(a) The river.
(b) The desert.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The spring.
12. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
13. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
14. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A bat.
(c) A child.
(d) A parrot.
15. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
2. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
3. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
4. What are the rulers of Alobar's kingdom considered to be?
5. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)