|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
(a) The birth of sons.
(c) Inability to fulfill his wives' sexual appetites.
(d) The birth of daughters.
2. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
3. What is the name of the king's castle?
(a) The Citadel.
(b) The Dark Horse.
(c) The White Stag.
(d) The Epicenter.
4. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
5. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
6. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
7. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Twenty years.
8. How is Marcel related to Claude?
(a) They are father and son.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are uncle and nephew.
(d) They are brothers.
9. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
10. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Six a.m.
(c) Four a.m.
(d) Three a.m.
11. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every new moon.
(b) Every full moon.
(c) Every three days.
(d) Every week.
12. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
13. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
14. Where are the LeFevers located?
(b) New York.
15. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A beet.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bee.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Priscilla live?
2. For what reason is Frol banished from the kingdom?
3. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
4. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
5. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)