|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king's castle?
(a) The Citadel.
(b) The Dark Horse.
(c) The White Stag.
(d) The Epicenter.
2. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
3. In what neighborhood does Priscilla live?
(a) The Garden District.
(b) West Pines.
(c) Jackson Square.
(d) Capital Hill.
4. For what reason is Frol banished from the kingdom?
(a) Bearing a child.
(b) Smashing the glass.
(c) Killing Alobar.
(d) Marrying another.
5. What religion do Alobar and Frol convert to?
(d) Goddess worship.
6. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
(b) Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy.
(d) Madame Devalier.
7. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
(a) A bean.
(b) A grain of rice.
(c) A stone.
(d) A worm.
8. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
9. What is the name of Alobar's dog?
10. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
(a) The birth of sons.
(b) Inability to fulfill his wives' sexual appetites.
(d) The birth of daughters.
11. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
12. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
13. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
(a) Beaver Bay.
(b) Bryson Bay.
(c) Elliott Bay.
(d) Carnival Bay.
14. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
15. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
2. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
3. What is the egg laced with?
4. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
5. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)