|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Alobar to travel to the east of the village?
(a) The goblin.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The necromancer.
(d) The wizard.
2. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Banish him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Uncrown him.
(d) Crown him.
3. What is Alobar crowned the king of in the village?
(a) The City.
(b) The Festivities.
(c) The Manor.
(d) The Bean.
4. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
5. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
(a) A beet.
(b) A steak.
(c) An apple.
(d) An egg.
6. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
7. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
(b) The birth of daughters.
(c) Inability to fulfill his wives' sexual appetites.
(d) The birth of sons.
8. What is the name of Alobar's dog?
9. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
(a) A wrinkle.
(b) A black hair.
(c) A scar.
(d) A white hair.
10. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
11. Which character does Wren tell Alobar is pregnant?
12. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The river.
(c) The desert.
(d) The spring.
13. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every three days.
(b) Every full moon.
(c) Every new moon.
(d) Every week.
14. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
(a) Mouse gas.
(c) Stink mist.
(d) Foot smoke.
15. How many children does Frol give birth to in the village?
(a) One child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
2. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
3. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
4. Which character says, "Even then I might not go. Frankly, I do not like the way death does business"?
5. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)