|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character smashes the magic glass after Alobar is buried?
2. What kind of mask does Marcel LeFever wear?
(a) A dog mask.
(b) A feather mask.
(c) A whale mask.
(d) A cat mask.
3. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
4. What does Priscilla work as?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A chemist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A waitress.
5. Which of the king's wives is to feed him his final meal?
(a) The most regal.
(b) The first.
(c) The favorite.
(d) The youngest.
6. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
(b) St. Louis.
7. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(b) Hurricane drops.
(c) Peppermint schnapps.
8. Which character plans to take Priscilla to the Daughters of the Daily Specials?
9. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Four a.m.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
10. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
11. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
12. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
(a) A child.
(b) A bat.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A parrot.
13. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
14. What lies to the west of Alobar's kingdom?
(a) The land of the Greeks.
(b) The land of the Romans.
(c) The land of the Italians.
(d) The land of the Pagans.
15. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Crown him.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Uncrown him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character drops Alobar's glass and breaks one of its corners?
2. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
3. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
4. Alobar stops near what landmark to sleep until daybreak as he begins his journey?
5. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)