|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
(a) A beet.
(b) A note.
(c) A flower.
(d) A bottle.
2. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Steam trains.
(b) Buffalo grazing.
(d) Tennis courts.
3. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
4. What is found across the street from the LeFever skyscraper?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A Wal-Mart.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A museum.
5. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(c) New Orleans.
6. What is poisoned for the king to eat as his last meal?
(a) An egg.
(b) An apple.
(c) A steak.
(d) A beet.
7. What does Alobar see in his image in the magic glass?
(a) A scar.
(b) A wrinkle.
(c) A white hair.
(d) A black hair.
8. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
9. What color are Priscilla's eyes?
10. What does Alobar bite into in the Christmas cake?
(a) A grain of rice.
(b) A worm.
(c) A bean.
(d) A stone.
11. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
(c) St. Louis.
12. What lies to the west of Alobar's kingdom?
(a) The land of the Pagans.
(b) The land of the Romans.
(c) The land of the Italians.
(d) The land of the Greeks.
13. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(b) Native American.
14. What creature takes Noog one of the king's hairs?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A bat.
(d) A child.
15. What religion do Alobar and Frol convert to?
(d) Goddess worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
2. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
3. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
4. What color is Priscilla's work uniform?
5. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)