|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
2. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(a) Louis XIV.
3. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
4. What does Priscilla work as?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A writer.
(d) A chemist.
5. What is discovered in V'lu's cot when she goes to bed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A beet.
(b) A bee.
(c) A note.
(d) A flower.
6. What is the egg laced with?
(c) Magic mushrooms.
7. What is the name of the king's castle?
(a) The Epicenter.
(b) The White Stag.
(c) The Citadel.
(d) The Dark Horse.
8. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(b) Hurricane drops.
(c) Peppermint schnapps.
9. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
10. Where are the LeFevers located?
(a) New York.
11. What is one of the fatal signs of fading power of a ruler in Alobar's kingdom?
(b) Inability to fulfill his wives' sexual appetites.
(c) The birth of sons.
(d) The birth of daughters.
12. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
13. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Tennis courts.
(c) Steam trains.
(d) Buffalo grazing.
14. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(b) Native American.
15. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction does Alobar decide to head once he is outside the kingdom?
2. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
3. What is Noog?
4. Which character is half-goat, half-man?
5. Where is Alobar's magic glass from?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)