|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Madame Devalier live?
(d) New Orleans.
2. What kind of liquor do Madame Devalier and V'lu discuss drinking?
(b) Peppermint schnapps.
(d) Hurricane drops.
3. How long has Madame Devalier kept her shop?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Forty years.
4. What is left on Priscilla's doorstep in the middle of the night?
(a) A beet.
(b) A note.
(c) A flower.
(d) A bottle.
5. In plucking the hair, the king is fighting what?
6. During which period does Alobar visit his wives' quarters?
(a) Every full moon.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every new moon.
(d) Every three days.
7. What is it custom for Alobar's kingdom to do once the ruler shows signs of age?
(a) Uncrown him.
(b) Crown him.
(c) Banish him.
(d) Kill him.
8. When was perfume introduced to France?
(a) The 800s.
(b) The 1700s.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The 1500s.
9. In what village do Alobar and Frol settle?
10. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
11. Which character is Alobar's favorite wife?
12. What encircles the flower-seller's head like a crown?
13. In how many days will Alobar be killed in the village?
14. Which character does Alobar encounter in the woods outside the kingdom?
15. Which character cries at Alobar's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the LeFevers located?
2. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
3. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
4. How is Marcel related to Claude?
5. Where does Priscilla keep her money?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)