|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Opening, pp. 1-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(c) Native American.
2. In what city does Priscilla live?
(b) New Orleans.
3. The man who sold Madame Devalier the flowers is from which location?
(d) St. Louis.
4. What is Madame Devalier also known as to the fashionable folk?
(a) Queen of Olfactory.
(b) Madame WhooDoo.
(c) Madame Voodoo.
(d) Queen of Good Smells.
5. Claude asks Marcel if he's heard from which character in the United States?
(b) Madame Devalier.
(c) Dr. Wiggs Dannyboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Madame Devalier asks V'lu for the time at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the name of Priscilla's coworker?
3. Where are the LeFevers located?
4. What does the narrator refer to as the steam that rises from Priscilla's tired feet?
5. What kind of flower is Madame Devalier distilling with V'lu at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)