Opening, pp. 1-13
1. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The radish.
(b) The beet.
(c) The onion.
(d) The tomato.
2. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
3. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
4. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(a) Louis XIV.
5. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(c) Native American.
6. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
7. In what city does Priscilla live?
(c) New Orleans.
8. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Centennial.
9. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
(a) Bryson Bay.
(b) Carnival Bay.
(c) Elliott Bay.
(d) Beaver Bay.
10. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Tennis courts.
(b) Buffalo grazing.
(c) Steam trains.
This section contains 3,000 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)