Opening, pp. 1-13
1. What is the "most intense of vegetables"?
(a) The onion.
(b) The tomato.
(c) The beet.
(d) The radish.
2. Which vegetable is "lusty enough"?
3. What kind of people get their physical characteristics from potatoes?
4. The beet was the favorite vegetable of which character?
(a) Louis XIV.
5. The proverb of what nationality warns, "A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil"?
(a) Native American.
6. In what kind of apartment do artists rarely live?
7. In what city does Priscilla live?
(a) New Orleans.
8. During what period was the building in which Priscilla lives built?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The Centennial.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The 1950s.
9. What is the name of the bay near which Priscilla lives?
(a) Bryson Bay.
(b) Beaver Bay.
(c) Elliott Bay.
(d) Carnival Bay.
10. What do the refrigerators in Priscilla's building sound like?
(a) Buffalo grazing.
(b) Tennis courts.
(c) Steam trains.
This section contains 3,000 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)