Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
3. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
Essay Topic 1
Jim Bridger and Tom Fitzpatrick were old friends that had been through a lot together. Name some of the stories that Bridger and Fitzpatrick were involved with. How important do you think it was to have a long lasting camaraderie in the wilderness?
Essay Topic 2
There were many individuals in this book besides Jim Bridger. Who was one of your favorite people and why? What influences did this person have on Jim Bridger? How did Jim Bridger play a role in this person's life? What qualities did this person have that you liked and could relate to?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Jim Bridger have to look after his sister when he was young? What events and struggles in Jim Bridger's life forced him to become a man sooner than other boys might have? How did these help Bridger become a good Mountain Man? Use information from the book to explain your reasoning.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)