|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
2. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
3. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
4. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
5. What country was Sir George Gore from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the reasons given in the book to why Jim Bridger and Brigham Young didn't get along? What do you feel were reasons for the animosity between Bridger and Young? Do you think animosity is the right word? What other words would describe the relationship between Bridger and Brigham Young? Do you think these two individuals could have ever been friends? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Indians as seen through Jim Bridger's eyes. What qualities did Bridger admire in the Indians? What tribes were known as friends to Bridger? Describe the Indians as seen through the U.S. government's eyes? How do these two views differ and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sir George Gore. What were some characteristics that stood out to you about George Gore as you read the book? Why do you think George Gore and Jim Bridger became fast friends? What are some similarities between Gore and Bridger? Use specific information from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)