Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
3. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
Essay Topic 1
Give an account of Hugh Glass and what happened after he was attacked by a grizzly bear. What emotions do you think Glass experienced when he knew Bridger and Fitzgerald had left him stranded with no weapon or food or help? How do you think these emotions were different from what he first felt for these men when they volunteered to stay behind with Glass? What emotions do you think Bridger and Fitzgerald experienced when they left Glass to fend for himself? What kind of characteristics did Glass have that shone through and helped him through this terrible time? How do you think Bridger and Fitzgerald felt when they saw Glass for the first time after abandoning him?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, the gospel of the frontier is said to have been, "Hell's full of greenhorns." What are greenhorns, and what do you think the frontiersmen or Mountain men meant by this "gospel" or statement?
Essay Topic 3
There were many individuals in this book besides Jim Bridger. Who was one of your favorite people and why? What influences did this person have on Jim Bridger? How did Jim Bridger play a role in this person's life? What qualities did this person have that you liked and could relate to?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)