|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
2. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
3. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
4. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
5. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
2. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
3. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
4. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
5. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
6. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
7. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
8. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
9. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
10. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give an account of Hugh Glass and what happened after he was attacked by a grizzly bear. What emotions do you think Glass experienced when he knew Bridger and Fitzgerald had left him stranded with no weapon or food or help? How do you think these emotions were different from what he first felt for these men when they volunteered to stay behind with Glass? What emotions do you think Bridger and Fitzgerald experienced when they left Glass to fend for himself? What kind of characteristics did Glass have that shone through and helped him through this terrible time? How do you think Bridger and Fitzgerald felt when they saw Glass for the first time after abandoning him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Indians as seen through Jim Bridger's eyes. What qualities did Bridger admire in the Indians? What tribes were known as friends to Bridger? Describe the Indians as seen through the U.S. government's eyes? How do these two views differ and why?
Essay Topic 3
Every year the Mountain Men would gather together in a specific spot for a rendezvous. What was the purpose of these rendezvouses, and what happened during these gatherings? Use specific information from the book in your explanation.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)