|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
2. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
3. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
4. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
5. How much did Jim Bridger make per day working as a guide for the Army of Utah?
Essay Topic 1
There were many individuals in this book besides Jim Bridger. Who was one of your favorite people and why? What influences did this person have on Jim Bridger? How did Jim Bridger play a role in this person's life? What qualities did this person have that you liked and could relate to?
Essay Topic 2
There are many events and stories in this book. Describe one of your favorite or most memorable events in the book. Why did this particular story appeal to you? Who was involved in this event, and what kind of joys, struggles, or tragedies were faced in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Jim Bridger and other Mountain Men benefited in knowing and working with the Indian tribes. Describe how the Indian tribes benefited from knowing and working with the Mountain men. Use specific information from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)