|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
2. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
3. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
4. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
5. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
Essay Topic 1
Every year the Mountain Men would gather together in a specific spot for a rendezvous. What was the purpose of these rendezvouses, and what happened during these gatherings? Use specific information from the book in your explanation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Sir George Gore. What were some characteristics that stood out to you about George Gore as you read the book? Why do you think George Gore and Jim Bridger became fast friends? What are some similarities between Gore and Bridger? Use specific information from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Jim Bridger and Tom Fitzpatrick were old friends that had been through a lot together. Name some of the stories that Bridger and Fitzpatrick were involved with. How important do you think it was to have a long lasting camaraderie in the wilderness?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)