Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
3. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14 Jim Bridger is quoted as saying, "If you betray timidity or indecision, you convert them from that moment into insidious and dangerous enemies." Who was Bridger referring to in this statement, and what did he mean?
Essay Topic 2
Jim Bridger and Tom Fitzpatrick were old friends that had been through a lot together. Name some of the stories that Bridger and Fitzpatrick were involved with. How important do you think it was to have a long lasting camaraderie in the wilderness?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 14, the gospel of the frontier is said to have been, "Hell's full of greenhorns." What are greenhorns, and what do you think the frontiersmen or Mountain men meant by this "gospel" or statement?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)