|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
3. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
Essay Topic 1
Jim Bridger and Tom Fitzpatrick were old friends that had been through a lot together. Name some of the stories that Bridger and Fitzpatrick were involved with. How important do you think it was to have a long lasting camaraderie in the wilderness?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14 Jim Bridger is quoted as saying, "If you betray timidity or indecision, you convert them from that moment into insidious and dangerous enemies." Who was Bridger referring to in this statement, and what did he mean?
Essay Topic 3
Give an account of Hugh Glass and what happened after he was attacked by a grizzly bear. What emotions do you think Glass experienced when he knew Bridger and Fitzgerald had left him stranded with no weapon or food or help? How do you think these emotions were different from what he first felt for these men when they volunteered to stay behind with Glass? What emotions do you think Bridger and Fitzgerald experienced when they left Glass to fend for himself? What kind of characteristics did Glass have that shone through and helped him through this terrible time? How do you think Bridger and Fitzgerald felt when they saw Glass for the first time after abandoning him?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)