Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
2. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
3. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
4. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
5. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Jim Bridger got older what health problems did he develop?
2. In Chapter 27, what did Jim Bridger know the Cheyenne chief was after?
3. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
4. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
6. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
7. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
8. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
9. Why did Joseph Meek shoot a young brave in Chapter 12?
10. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
In Chapter 14, the gospel of the frontier is said to have been, "Hell's full of greenhorns." What are greenhorns, and what do you think the frontiersmen or Mountain men meant by this "gospel" or statement?
What are some of the reasons given in the book to why Jim Bridger and Brigham Young didn't get along? What do you feel were reasons for the animosity between Bridger and Young? Do you think animosity is the right word? What other words would describe the relationship between Bridger and Brigham Young? Do you think these two individuals could have ever been friends? Why or why not?
Describe the events that led up to Jim Bridger receiving two arrows in his back in Chapter 8. Why did Bridger receive these arrows to the back? Do you think they were deserved? Why or why not?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)