|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
2. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
3. How many men did Sir George Gore have in his entourage?
4. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
(a) In the fire pit under the ashes.
(b) Into the Missouri River.
(c) Into the buffalo dung heep.
(d) In a large hole that the men dug in the ground.
5. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Angus MacDonald.
(b) Lieut. Glenn.
(c) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
(d) Jim Bridger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
2. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
3. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
4. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
5. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
2. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
3. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
4. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
5. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
6. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
7. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
8. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
9. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
10. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)