|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
(a) Mary Ann.
2. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
(a) Kit Carson
(b) Captain Howard Stansbury.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) General Richard Gerard.
3. Who was John C. Fremont's topographer?
(a) Charles Preuss.
(b) Gabe Rogers.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Jim Bridger.
4. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
(a) A churn.
(b) A baby bed.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A drying rack.
5. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) Phil Kearney.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) William J. Fetterman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
2. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
3. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
4. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
5. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
2. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
3. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
4. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
5. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
6. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
7. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
8. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
9. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
10. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)