|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Lieut. Glenn.
(c) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
(d) Angus MacDonald.
2. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
3. As a result of the tragedy of murder and Jim Bridger's daughter being taken away, it was clear that the mountains were no place for what?
(b) Women and children.
(c) Civilized people.
(d) Dogs and cows.
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Buffalo Post.
(b) Frontier Sun.
(c) Missouri Journal.
(d) Kearney Herald.
5. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Colonel Carrington.
(d) General W.B. Hazen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
2. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
3. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
4. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
5. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
2. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
3. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
4. Which tribes came to the treaty grounds of Fort Laramie, and who were some of the well known Indians that attended?
5. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
6. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
7. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
8. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
9. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
10. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)