|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
(a) Tame Indians.
(b) French Indians.
(c) Wild men.
(d) French men.
2. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
3. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Trapper's tales.
(b) Indian folklore.
(c) Greenhorn stories.
(d) Mountain legends.
4. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
(d) Mary Ann.
5. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
2. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
3. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
4. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
5. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
2. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
3. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
4. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
5. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
6. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
7. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
8. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
9. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
10. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)