|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
2. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
3. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $600 a year.
(b) $600 every quarter.
(c) $6,000 a year.
(d) $60 a day.
5. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
(a) Colonel Nelson Cole.
(b) Colonel Nick Janice.
(c) Colonel Patrick Powder.
(d) Colonel John Reshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
2. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
3. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
4. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
5. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
2. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
3. Describe Fort Laramie.
4. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
5. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
6. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
7. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
8. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
9. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
10. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)