|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) General W.B. Hazen.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
3. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
4. In Chapter 14, the emigrants were liked to school boys lost where?
(a) In a women's kitchen.
(b) Beyond the school house.
(c) In a big railroad station.
(d) In the woods.
5. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
2. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
4. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
5. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
2. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
3. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
4. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
5. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
6. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
7. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
8. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
9. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
10. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)