|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(b) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
(a) October 30th.
(b) November 20th.
(c) November 18th.
(d) October 17th.
3. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Angus MacDonald.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
(d) Lieut. Glenn.
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Buffalo Post.
(b) Frontier Sun.
(c) Kearney Herald.
(d) Missouri Journal.
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
2. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
3. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
4. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
5. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)