|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
(a) Into the Missouri River.
(b) Into the buffalo dung heep.
(c) In the fire pit under the ashes.
(d) In a large hole that the men dug in the ground.
2. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Charles Preuss.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Kit Carson.
3. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
4. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
5. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Salt Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
2. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
3. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
4. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
5. What country was Sir George Gore from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fort Laramie.
2. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
3. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
4. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
5. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
6. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
7. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
8. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
9. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
10. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)