|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
(a) A butter knife.
(b) A baby blanket.
(c) A skillet lid.
(d) A down pillow.
2. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
(a) Louis Vasquez.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Gerald Lund.
3. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Hot meat.
(b) Corn husks.
(c) Buffalo skins.
(d) Cowboy pie.
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Kearney Herald.
(b) Missouri Journal.
(c) Frontier Sun.
(d) Buffalo Post.
5. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
3. On what area of the body did Jim Bridger develop goiter?
4. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
5. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
2. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
3. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
4. Describe Fort Laramie.
5. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
6. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
7. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
8. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
9. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
10. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)