|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The summer of 1842, Bourdeaux was in charge at Fort Laramie with how many clerks?
2. What country was Sir George Gore from?
3. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
(a) November 18th.
(b) October 17th.
(c) October 30th.
(d) November 20th.
4. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
(a) Fort Laramie.
(b) Fort Bridger.
(c) Fort Hood.
(d) Fort Union.
5. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Snakes.
(d) The Crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
2. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
3. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 25, when French Pete's wife and children were discovered, it was discovered that the Indians had not killed what?
5. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
2. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
3. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
4. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
5. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
7. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
8. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
9. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
10. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)