|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
2. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
3. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
4. Who was John C. Fremont's topographer?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Gabe Rogers.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Charles Preuss.
5. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Sir George Gore from?
2. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
3. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 25, when French Pete's wife and children were discovered, it was discovered that the Indians had not killed what?
5. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
2. Which tribes came to the treaty grounds of Fort Laramie, and who were some of the well known Indians that attended?
3. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
4. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
5. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
6. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
7. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
8. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
9. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
10. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)