|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Hot meat.
(c) Buffalo skins.
(d) Cowboy pie.
2. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Horse saddles.
(b) Peace pipes.
(c) Buffalo skulls.
(d) Indian belts.
3. In Chapter 26, there wasn't enough ammunition for what?
(a) Any of the Mountain Men.
(b) Killing animals for meals.
(c) All the soldier's guns.
(d) Target practice.
4. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
(a) Into the buffalo dung heep.
(b) In a large hole that the men dug in the ground.
(c) Into the Missouri River.
(d) In the fire pit under the ashes.
5. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
2. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
3. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
4. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
5. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
2. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
3. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
4. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
5. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
6. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
7. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
8. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
9. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
10. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)