|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(c) The Mountain Men dogs.
(d) The horses.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
3. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
(a) Wood chips.
(d) Buffalo chips.
4. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Buffalo skulls.
(b) Horse saddles.
(c) Peace pipes.
(d) Indian belts.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
2. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
3. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
4. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 25, what day of the year did the Sioux steel the horses at 5 o'clock in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fort Laramie.
2. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
3. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
4. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
5. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
6. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
7. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
8. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
9. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
10. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)