|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Indians say "talked sense and told the truth"?
(a) Hugh Glass.
(b) Father Pierre Jean de Smet.
(c) General Richard Gerard.
(d) Jim Bridger.
2. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
(b) Buffalo chips.
(c) Wood chips.
3. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(a) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
4. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Captain Palmer.
(c) A.J. Shotwell.
(d) Kit Carson.
5. In Parkman's words, the poles that were used to erect the lodges were carried by what?
(d) Women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
2. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
3. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
4. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
5. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)