|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 25 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
2. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
3. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) Salt Lake.
4. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
(a) January 11th.
(b) January 15th.
(c) January 20th.
(d) January 25th.
5. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what that Jim Bridger possessed is something he took for granted?
2. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
3. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
4. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
5. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
2. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
3. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
4. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
5. Describe Fort Laramie.
6. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
7. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
8. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
9. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
10. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)