|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
2. What country was Sir George Gore from?
3. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
4. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
(a) Into the Missouri River.
(b) Into the buffalo dung heep.
(c) In a large hole that the men dug in the ground.
(d) In the fire pit under the ashes.
5. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 25 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
2. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
3. Who was John C. Fremont's topographer?
4. What did Joseph Meek say carried Jim's daughter away?
5. On what area of the body did Jim Bridger develop goiter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
2. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
3. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
4. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
5. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
7. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
8. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
9. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
10. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)