|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bordeaux's squaw?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 25, what day of the year did the Sioux steel the horses at 5 o'clock in the morning?
(a) July 17th.
(b) July 4th.
(c) June 21st.
(d) June 3rd.
3. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
(a) January 20th.
(b) January 11th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) January 25th.
4. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
(a) Treasure chest.
(b) Piece of gold.
5. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
(a) Bear and elk..
(b) Bear and buffalo.
(c) Elk and buffalo.
(d) Dear and buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
2. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
3. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 25, when French Pete's wife and children were discovered, it was discovered that the Indians had not killed what?
5. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
2. What is the reason that historians give for the quarrel between Brigham Young and Jim Bridger?
3. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
4. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
5. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
6. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
7. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
8. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
9. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
10. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)