|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Snakes.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Crow.
2. What country was Sir George Gore from?
3. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
4. As a result of the tragedy of murder and Jim Bridger's daughter being taken away, it was clear that the mountains were no place for what?
(a) Women and children.
(b) Civilized people.
(d) Dogs and cows.
5. How much did the Army pay Jim Bridger per day to be the Chief of Scouts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
2. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
3. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
4. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
5. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
2. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
3. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
4. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
5. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
6. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
7. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
8. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
9. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
10. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)