|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Parkman's words, the poles that were used to erect the lodges were carried by what?
(c) Women and children.
2. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A baby bed.
(c) A drying rack.
(d) A churn.
3. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
4. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
5. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
Short Answer Questions
1. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
2. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
3. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
4. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
5. The summer of 1842, Bourdeaux was in charge at Fort Laramie with how many clerks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
2. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
3. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
4. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
5. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
6. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
7. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
8. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
9. Which tribes came to the treaty grounds of Fort Laramie, and who were some of the well known Indians that attended?
10. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)