|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $600 a year.
(b) $6,000 a year.
(c) $60 a day.
(d) $600 every quarter.
2. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
3. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
5. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) William J. Fetterman.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Phil Kearney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
2. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
5. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
2. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
3. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
4. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
5. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
6. Which tribes came to the treaty grounds of Fort Laramie, and who were some of the well known Indians that attended?
7. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
8. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
9. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
10. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)