|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
(a) The Mountain Man oath.
(b) The Indian and trapper agreement.
(c) The Indian wisdom.
(d) The frontier gospel.
2. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Snakes.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Blackfeet.
3. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) General W.B. Hazen.
4. Who did the Indians say "talked sense and told the truth"?
(a) General Richard Gerard.
(b) Father Pierre Jean de Smet.
(c) Hugh Glass.
(d) Jim Bridger.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
2. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
3. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
4. How much did the Army pay Jim Bridger per day to be the Chief of Scouts?
5. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shotwell describe Jim Bridger in Chapter 24?
2. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
3. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
4. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
5. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
6. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
7. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
8. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
9. What was Fetterman's scheme to trick the enemy?
10. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)