|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Missouri Journal.
(b) Buffalo Post.
(c) Frontier Sun.
(d) Kearney Herald.
2. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Meat or game.
(b) Entertainment or money.
(c) Pelts or meat.
(d) Meat or pelts.
3. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
4. When Jim Bridger opened his gate after hearing someone knock, which of his friends was there?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Brigham Young.
5. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
2. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
3. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
4. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
5. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
2. In 1846, which party stopped by Fort Bridger and why?
3. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
4. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
5. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
6. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
7. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
8. Why did Jim Bridger's stay at home in Chapter 22 not last long?
9. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
10. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)