|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
2. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New York City.
3. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
4. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) St. Louis.
5. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
(b) Treasure chest.
(c) Piece of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
2. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
3. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
4. In Parkman's words, the poles that were used to erect the lodges were carried by what?
5. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)