|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
(a) The Indian wisdom.
(b) The Mountain Man oath.
(c) The frontier gospel.
(d) The Indian and trapper agreement.
2. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
(a) Colonel Nick Janice.
(b) Colonel Nelson Cole.
(c) Colonel John Reshaw.
(d) Colonel Patrick Powder.
3. On what area of the body did Jim Bridger develop goiter?
(a) Under his chin.
(b) On his calf.
(c) Under his right armpit.
(d) Below his left eyebrow.
4. Who was John C. Fremont's topographer?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Gabe Rogers.
(c) Charles Preuss.
(d) Jim Bridger.
5. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
2. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
5. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened that let Bridger see a chance for official backing concerning the Hot Springs, geysers, lake, and Fire Hole River?
2. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
3. What are some of the things that Jim Bridger did to help the Mormons and their leader, Brigham Young?
4. Why did the Indians give Jim Bridger the name of "Big Throat"?
5. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
7. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
8. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
9. What were some of Sir George Gore's morning habits?
10. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)