|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Jim Bridger's.
(c) Major Henry's.
(d) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
2. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
(a) Sailed ships.
(b) Kept a tavern.
(c) Raised cattle.
(d) Was a blacksmith.
3. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Spy on his own people.
(c) Kill his brother.
(d) Follow their orders.
4. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Arapaho.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Snake.
(d) The Blackfeet.
5. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
2. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
3. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
4. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
5. Jim carried a small horn vial on his belt filled with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the area known as Pierre's Hole or Teton Basin.
2. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
4. After Old Glass was injured by a bear, why couldn't he travel with the men, and what was the solution the men came up with?
5. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
6. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
7. In Chapter 3, as soon as the fort was built, Bridger set out with the other men to hunt and trap. What kind of animals does Bridger say they hunted or trapped?
8. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
9. When Colonel Leavenworth arrived at Fort Recovery, why was the Colonel looking glum?
10. What kinds of jobs did Jim Bridger first hold to help support himself and his sister?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)