|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
2. What city did Jim Bridger's father work in?
(a) Alexandria, Virginia.
(b) Fairfax, Virginia.
(c) Bristol, Virginia.
(d) Richmond, Virginia.
3. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
4. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(a) One hundred.
5. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
2. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
3. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
4. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
5. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
2. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
3. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
4. Describe the time of year that Jim Bridger was born and what he looked like.
5. What significance did Dr. Marcus Whitman have in Jim Bridger's life?
6. In the old days of rendezvous trappers, how did the trappers live like lords?
7. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
8. Why was it important for Jim to know more than the lay out or topography of the land?
9. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
10. Where did the Atsena Indians get their name of Big Bellies from?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)