|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
2. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Fight Indians.
(b) Find animal trails.
(c) Work alone.
(d) Discover new landmarks.
3. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Yellowstone River.
(b) Missouri River.
(c) Red River.
(d) Mississippi River.
4. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) Blanket Chief.
(b) Good Follower.
(c) True Teacher.
(d) Guiding One.
5. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
3. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
4. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
5. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
2. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
3. Describe what the spot looked like where the Mississippi River meets the Missouri River, according to Jim Bridger.
4. Describe the time of year that Jim Bridger was born and what he looked like.
5. Why was it important for Jim to know more than the lay out or topography of the land?
6. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
7. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
8. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 8, why were Jim and Tom leading Vanderburgh on a "wild goose chase"?
10. What kinds of jobs did Jim Bridger first hold to help support himself and his sister?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)