|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Arapaho.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Snake.
2. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
(c) The plains.
(d) Near the Yellowstone River.
3. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
(a) A saddle decoration.
(b) A belt.
(c) A hair piece.
(d) A necklace.
4. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
2. Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade on the march. What does Washington write about Sublette's arm?
3. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
4. What was a booshway?
5. Why did Bridger and Fitzpatrick pass across the head of buffalo herds to cover their tracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
2. What happened when Joseph Meek laid down Sally so that he could live?
3. What kinds of jobs did Jim Bridger first hold to help support himself and his sister?
4. When Colonel Leavenworth arrived at Fort Recovery, why was the Colonel looking glum?
5. What dramatic events took place when Bridger was going on fourteen years old?
6. Why was it important for Jim to know more than the lay out or topography of the land?
7. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
8. Where did the Atsena Indians get their name of Big Bellies from?
9. What were some of the things Jim and Tom did to throw Vanderburgh off their trail?
10. After Old Glass was injured by a bear, why couldn't he travel with the men, and what was the solution the men came up with?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)