|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
2. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(d) His belongings.
3. Even though Bridger was hospitable and generous, he was not fond of what?
(b) Indian rituals.
4. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
(a) A clean washing cloth.
(b) A handful of beaver fur.
(c) White ashes.
(d) A slab of fine wood.
5. In Chapter 7, who was the man that looked thin as a rail, red eyed, ragged, and unarmed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
2. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
3. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
4. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
5. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Tom Eyck's detail that he took out to fight the Cheyenne and Sioux Indians?
2. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
3. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
4. When Colonel Leavenworth arrived at Fort Recovery, why was the Colonel looking glum?
5. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
6. After Old Glass was injured by a bear, why couldn't he travel with the men, and what was the solution the men came up with?
7. As Jim Bridger got older what health problems did he develop?
8. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
9. What happened when Joseph Meek laid down Sally so that he could live?
10. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)