|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
2. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) March 17th.
(b) March 30th.
(c) May 16th.
(d) April 10th.
3. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(b) His belongings.
4. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
5. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
2. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
3. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
4. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
5. Even though Bridger was hospitable and generous, he was not fond of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
2. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
3. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
4. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
5. What dramatic events took place when Bridger was going on fourteen years old?
6. Who hated the American Fur Company and why?
7. When Bridger became a free trapper, what did he do with the furs and with his earnings?
8. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
9. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
10. What were some of the things Jim and Tom did to throw Vanderburgh off their trail?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)