|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
2. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(d) Nez Perces.
3. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
4. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
2. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
3. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
4. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
5. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bridger became a free trapper, what did he do with the furs and with his earnings?
2. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
3. What happened when Joseph Meek laid down Sally so that he could live?
4. Describe what the spot looked like where the Mississippi River meets the Missouri River, according to Jim Bridger.
5. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
6. In Chapter 3, as soon as the fort was built, Bridger set out with the other men to hunt and trap. What kind of animals does Bridger say they hunted or trapped?
7. Where did the Atsena Indians get their name of Big Bellies from?
8. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
9. Describe the area known as Pierre's Hole or Teton Basin.
10. While Joseph Meek was marching with the Crow Indians, what did the squaws do to Meek amuse themselves?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)