|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(b) Nez Perces.
2. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Jim Bridger's.
(b) Joe Meek.
(c) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(d) Major Henry's.
3. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
4. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
(a) Honey Bear.
(b) Mountain Lamb.
(c) Soothing Foal.
(d) Gentle Rabbit.
5. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
2. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
3. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
4. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
5. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance did Dr. Marcus Whitman have in Jim Bridger's life?
2. What happened when Joseph Meek laid down Sally so that he could live?
3. What were some of the things Jim and Tom did to throw Vanderburgh off their trail?
4. Describe what the spot looked like where the Mississippi River meets the Missouri River, according to Jim Bridger.
5. Describe the area known as Pierre's Hole or Teton Basin.
6. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
7. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
8. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
9. While Joseph Meek was marching with the Crow Indians, what did the squaws do to Meek amuse themselves?
10. During the months when finding beavers and hunting furs wasn't easy, what kind of work did the men do so that they would still have work during the winters?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)