|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
(a) Mountain Lamb.
(b) Honey Bear.
(c) Soothing Foal.
(d) Gentle Rabbit.
2. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
3. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
4. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Work alone.
(b) Discover new landmarks.
(c) Find animal trails.
(d) Fight Indians.
5. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Major Henry's.
(b) Jim Bridger's.
(c) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(d) Joe Meek.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
2. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
3. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
4. What did the young Crow warrior strike Joseph Meek's wife with?
5. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
2. In Chapter 17, when the Cheyenne Indians brought the two scalps and offered them back to the Snake Indians, what happened?
3. What idea did Bridger develop when he experienced a number of emigrants coming to Fort Laramie?
4. What quality Chapter 21 did Jim Bridger have that made him superior to other Mountain Men?
5. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
6. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
7. When Bridger became a free trapper, what did he do with the furs and with his earnings?
8. Describe what the spot looked like where the Mississippi River meets the Missouri River, according to Jim Bridger.
9. In Chapter 22, what did the Army pay Jim Bridger and what supplies did they provide to him?
10. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)