Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
2. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
(a) They were killed by Blackfeet Indians.
(b) The got lost and turned the wrong way.
(c) They found some lost horses and brought them back.
(d) They ran into another brigade.
3. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
(a) The plains.
(d) Near the Yellowstone River.
4. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
5. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
2. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
3. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
4. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
5. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Jim Bridger got older what health problems did he develop?
2. In Chapter 27, what did Jim Bridger know the Cheyenne chief was after?
3. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
4. What was Jim Bridger's motto in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
6. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
7. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
8. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
9. Why did Joseph Meek shoot a young brave in Chapter 12?
10. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)