|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
(a) A cup.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shovel.
2. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Fight Indians.
(b) Work alone.
(c) Discover new landmarks.
(d) Find animal trails.
3. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
4. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) Good Follower.
(b) Guiding One.
(c) True Teacher.
(d) Blanket Chief.
5. In Chapter 7, who was the man that looked thin as a rail, red eyed, ragged, and unarmed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Indians attacked Henry's party in the beginning of Chapter 5, how many men were wounded?
2. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
3. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
4. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
5. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did one man offer Jim Bridger after he told the story of the big diamond on top of a mountain that could be seen from fifty miles away?
2. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
3. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
4. What were some of the mistakes that tourists made that stopped by Fort Bridger?
5. In the winter of 1847, why did Joseph Meek come to visit Bridger?
6. What did Jim Bridger know the first duty of a chief or an officer was?
7. In Chapter 16, Bridger weny out with Kit Carson in the spring to what places?
8. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
9. What happened to Tom Eyck's detail that he took out to fight the Cheyenne and Sioux Indians?
10. When the snow was gone and Bridger got ready to set out with Sir George Gore on the trail to Yellowstone, what did they bring with them?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)