|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(b) Jim Bridger's.
(c) Major Henry's.
(d) Joe Meek.
2. In Chapter 7, who was the man that looked thin as a rail, red eyed, ragged, and unarmed?
3. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) Louis Parker.
(b) Phil Creamer.
(c) David Mackaws.
(d) John Colter.
4. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
5. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) May 16th.
(b) March 17th.
(c) March 30th.
(d) April 10th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a booshway?
2. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
3. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
4. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
5. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
2. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
4. Why was it important for Jim to know more than the lay out or topography of the land?
5. What happened when Joseph Meek laid down Sally so that he could live?
6. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
7. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
8. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
9. Who hated the American Fur Company and why?
10. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)