|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
(a) Teach new trappers the trade.
(b) Find the Indians.
(c) Live in the country.
(d) Guide a horse through danger.
2. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
3. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
4. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
5. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(c) The Arapaho.
(d) The Snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
2. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
3. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
4. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
5. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Colonel Leavenworth arrived at Fort Recovery, why was the Colonel looking glum?
2. Which tribes came to the treaty grounds of Fort Laramie, and who were some of the well known Indians that attended?
3. In Chapter 18, what was the first move the Saints tried to make on the Mountain men, and what happened?
4. How did Jim Bridger excel at trailing?
5. What happened to the artist and correspondent named Ridgeway Glover who went on a walk unarmed one afternoon?
6. In Chapter 8, why were Jim and Tom leading Vanderburgh on a "wild goose chase"?
7. When Bridger built Fort Bridger, he built four log cabins within the stockade. What were these four cabins for?
8. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
9. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
10. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)