|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
2. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
3. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
4. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
5. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tribe was allies with the Blackfeet Indians?
2. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
3. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
4. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
5. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Joseph Meek was marching with the Crow Indians, what did the squaws do to Meek amuse themselves?
2. After Old Glass was injured by a bear, why couldn't he travel with the men, and what was the solution the men came up with?
3. In Chapter 3, as soon as the fort was built, Bridger set out with the other men to hunt and trap. What kind of animals does Bridger say they hunted or trapped?
4. What kinds of jobs did Jim Bridger first hold to help support himself and his sister?
5. Describe the area known as Pierre's Hole or Teton Basin.
6. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
7. Describe the time of year that Jim Bridger was born and what he looked like.
8. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
9. In the old days of rendezvous trappers, how did the trappers live like lords?
10. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)