|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
2. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
3. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
4. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
(a) Colonel Ashley.
(b) Andrew Henry.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Mike Fink.
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
2. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
3. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
4. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
5. How old was Jim when his mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
2. What dramatic events took place when Bridger was going on fourteen years old?
3. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
4. During the months when finding beavers and hunting furs wasn't easy, what kind of work did the men do so that they would still have work during the winters?
5. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
6. Describe the time of year that Jim Bridger was born and what he looked like.
7. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
8. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
9. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
10. In Chapter 3, as soon as the fort was built, Bridger set out with the other men to hunt and trap. What kind of animals does Bridger say they hunted or trapped?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)