|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
2. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
3. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
4. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would be shaved bald.
(b) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(c) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
(d) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
5. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
2. In what year was Jim Bridger born?
3. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
4. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
5. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance did Dr. Marcus Whitman have in Jim Bridger's life?
2. What dramatic events took place when Bridger was going on fourteen years old?
3. Why was it important for Jim to know more than the lay out or topography of the land?
4. When Bridger became a free trapper, what did he do with the furs and with his earnings?
5. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
6. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
7. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
8. In Chapter 3, as soon as the fort was built, Bridger set out with the other men to hunt and trap. What kind of animals does Bridger say they hunted or trapped?
9. In Chapter 8, why were Jim and Tom leading Vanderburgh on a "wild goose chase"?
10. Describe the time of year that Jim Bridger was born and what he looked like.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)