|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
2. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
3. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day two.
(b) Day one.
(c) Day three.
(d) Day five.
4. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
(a) A hat.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A cup.
5. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Bridger was a born what?
2. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
3. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
4. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
5. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
2. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
3. Who hated the American Fur Company and why?
4. Why was it important for Jim to know more than the lay out or topography of the land?
5. Where did the Atsena Indians get their name of Big Bellies from?
6. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
7. What were some of the things Jim and Tom did to throw Vanderburgh off their trail?
8. While Joseph Meek was marching with the Crow Indians, what did the squaws do to Meek amuse themselves?
9. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
10. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)