|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
(a) A cup.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shovel.
2. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
3. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
4. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Arapaho.
(c) The Snake.
(d) The Sioux.
5. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
2. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
3. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
4. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
5. What city did Jim Bridger's father work in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
2. After Old Glass was injured by a bear, why couldn't he travel with the men, and what was the solution the men came up with?
3. What questions did the Crow chief ask Joseph Meek to tell the truth about so he could live?
4. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
5. Even though beaver pelts were still plentiful, the Rocky Mountain Fur Company was struggling. What were some of the reasons for these struggles?
6. What happened when Joseph Meek laid down Sally so that he could live?
7. What kinds of jobs did Jim Bridger first hold to help support himself and his sister?
8. Why did Joseph Meek shoot a young brave in Chapter 12?
9. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
10. Why did the Crow chief come into Bridger's camp with forty men to request a truce?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)