|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe was allies with the Blackfeet Indians?
(b) Gros Ventres.
2. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Jimmy Sure.
(b) Constant Bridger.
(c) Old Gabe.
(d) Lookout Point.
3. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
4. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
2. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
3. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
4. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
5. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things Jim and Tom did to throw Vanderburgh off their trail?
2. Describe the area known as Pierre's Hole or Teton Basin.
3. During the months when finding beavers and hunting furs wasn't easy, what kind of work did the men do so that they would still have work during the winters?
4. In the old days of rendezvous trappers, how did the trappers live like lords?
5. Why did Captain Sir William Drummond Stuart make people stare?
6. What dramatic events took place when Bridger was going on fourteen years old?
7. In Chapter 3, as soon as the fort was built, Bridger set out with the other men to hunt and trap. What kind of animals does Bridger say they hunted or trapped?
8. Why was the gift of being an explorer such an important asset to a fur trader?
9. When Colonel Leavenworth arrived at Fort Recovery, why was the Colonel looking glum?
10. What is a greenhorn, and what did Jim Bridger become after he wasn't considered a greenhorn anymore?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)