|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
2. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
(a) That it would be less expensive.
(b) That he must be a master at his trade.
(c) That he would have to depend on himself.
(d) That he could hire the people he wanted.
3. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) True Teacher.
(b) Blanket Chief.
(c) Guiding One.
(d) Good Follower.
4. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Joseph Meek.
(d) Dr. Parker.
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
2. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
3. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
4. What did the young Crow warrior strike Joseph Meek's wife with?
5. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it when a Grizzly bear has seen a person that the person is generally unable to get away?
2. During the months when finding beavers and hunting furs wasn't easy, what kind of work did the men do so that they would still have work during the winters?
3. In Chapter 4, what two traits were to be respected among the Indians?
4. In Chapter 8, why were Jim and Tom leading Vanderburgh on a "wild goose chase"?
5. While Joseph Meek was marching with the Crow Indians, what did the squaws do to Meek amuse themselves?
6. What were some of Jim Bridger's discoveries in Chapter 6?
7. Where did the Atsena Indians get their name of Big Bellies from?
8. Who was the bear that Prince Maximilian spoke of, and what was the story of this great bear?
9. What significance did Dr. Marcus Whitman have in Jim Bridger's life?
10. Who hated the American Fur Company and why?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)