|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
(a) Louis Vasquez.
(b) Gerald Lund.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
2. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
3. Who did the Indians say "talked sense and told the truth"?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) General Richard Gerard.
(c) Father Pierre Jean de Smet.
(d) Hugh Glass.
4. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Snakes.
5. How many men did Sir George Gore have in his entourage?
6. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Horse saddles.
(b) Peace pipes.
(c) Buffalo skulls.
(d) Indian belts.
7. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
8. When Jim Bridger opened his gate after hearing someone knock, which of his friends was there?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Kit Carson.
9. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
10. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Nine or ten.
(c) Eleven or twelve.
(d) Seven or Eight.
11. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
12. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(b) A mud pie in the summer.
(c) A rainy river bank.
(d) A buffalo's nose.
13. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(a) The Mountain Men dogs.
(b) The horses.
14. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Mountain legends.
(b) Greenhorn stories.
(c) Trapper's tales.
(d) Indian folklore.
15. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
2. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
3. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
4. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
5. How old was Jim Bridger's daughter when he sent her to the Whitman Mission School?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)