|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $6,000 a year.
(b) $600 every quarter.
(c) $600 a year.
(d) $60 a day.
2. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
(a) A down pillow.
(b) A skillet lid.
(c) A butter knife.
(d) A baby blanket.
3. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Horse saddles.
(b) Indian belts.
(c) Peace pipes.
(d) Buffalo skulls.
4. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(a) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
5. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
6. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
(a) Black Horse.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Buffalo Horn.
(d) Sitting Bull.
7. How much did Jim Bridger make per day working as a guide for the Army of Utah?
8. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Cowboy pie.
(b) Buffalo skins.
(c) Hot meat.
(d) Corn husks.
9. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) William J. Fetterman.
(c) Phil Kearney.
(d) Mark Twain.
10. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) General W.B. Hazen.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Jim Bridger.
11. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
(a) Colonel Patrick Powder.
(b) Colonel John Reshaw.
(c) Colonel Nick Janice.
(d) Colonel Nelson Cole.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
13. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
(a) New York City.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) Washington D.C.
14. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
15. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
2. What country was Sir George Gore from?
3. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
4. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
5. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)