|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
2. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
3. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
(a) One or two.
(b) Twelve or thirteen.
(c) Ten or eleven.
(d) Two or three.
4. In Chapter 14, the emigrants were liked to school boys lost where?
(a) In a big railroad station.
(b) Beyond the school house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a women's kitchen.
5. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
(c) Treasure chest.
(d) Piece of gold.
6. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(b) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
7. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
8. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Salt Lake.
9. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
10. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
(a) Elk and buffalo.
(b) Bear and buffalo.
(c) Dear and buffalo.
(d) Bear and elk..
11. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
12. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
13. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
14. In Chapter 26, what that Jim Bridger possessed is something he took for granted?
15. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Eleven or twelve.
(c) Seven or Eight.
(d) Nine or ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
2. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
3. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
4. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
5. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)