|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
(a) The Indian and trapper agreement.
(b) The frontier gospel.
(c) The Mountain Man oath.
(d) The Indian wisdom.
2. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
3. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
4. How much did Jim Bridger make per day working as a guide for the Army of Utah?
5. How old was Jim Bridger's daughter when he sent her to the Whitman Mission School?
(a) Going on ten.
(b) Going on nine.
(c) Going on eight.
(d) Going on seven.
6. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
7. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
8. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
9. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Charles Preuss.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
10. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Snakes.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Blackfeet.
11. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
(a) French men.
(b) French Indians.
(c) Wild men.
(d) Tame Indians.
12. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
(b) Angus MacDonald.
(c) Lieut. Glenn.
(d) Jim Bridger.
13. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A buffalo's nose.
(b) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(c) A mud pie in the summer.
(d) A rainy river bank.
14. The summer of 1842, Bourdeaux was in charge at Fort Laramie with how many clerks?
15. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
2. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
3. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
4. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
5. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)