|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
2. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
3. In Chapter 14, the emigrants were liked to school boys lost where?
(a) In a big railroad station.
(b) In a women's kitchen.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Beyond the school house.
4. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
5. What country was Sir George Gore from?
6. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(b) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
7. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) William J. Fetterman.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Phil Kearney.
8. How much did the Army pay Jim Bridger per day to be the Chief of Scouts?
9. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Snakes.
10. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
11. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
(a) In the fire pit under the ashes.
(b) Into the buffalo dung heep.
(c) Into the Missouri River.
(d) In a large hole that the men dug in the ground.
12. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
13. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Gerald Lund.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Louis Vasquez.
14. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
(a) George W. Grummond.
(b) Phil Kearney.
(c) Horation S. Bingham.
(d) Jim Bridger.
15. In Chapter 26, what that Jim Bridger possessed is something he took for granted?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
2. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
3. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
4. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
5. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)