|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
(a) Dear and buffalo.
(b) Elk and buffalo.
(c) Bear and elk..
(d) Bear and buffalo.
2. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
3. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
4. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Snakes.
(d) The Blackfeet.
5. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
6. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
(a) January 15th.
(b) January 20th.
(c) January 11th.
(d) January 25th.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 25, what day of the year did the Sioux steel the horses at 5 o'clock in the morning?
(a) June 3rd.
(b) July 17th.
(c) July 4th.
(d) June 21st.
8. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
(a) Fort Hood.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Fort Bridger.
(d) Fort Union.
9. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Mountain legends.
(b) Trapper's tales.
(c) Greenhorn stories.
(d) Indian folklore.
10. The summer of 1842, Bourdeaux was in charge at Fort Laramie with how many clerks?
11. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
12. In Chapter 26, there wasn't enough ammunition for what?
(a) Any of the Mountain Men.
(b) All the soldier's guns.
(c) Killing animals for meals.
(d) Target practice.
13. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
14. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
(a) Horation S. Bingham.
(b) George W. Grummond.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Phil Kearney.
15. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A buffalo's nose.
(b) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(c) A rainy river bank.
(d) A mud pie in the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
2. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
3. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
5. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)