|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Indian folklore.
(b) Greenhorn stories.
(c) Mountain legends.
(d) Trapper's tales.
2. On what area of the body did Jim Bridger develop goiter?
(a) Under his right armpit.
(b) Under his chin.
(c) On his calf.
(d) Below his left eyebrow.
3. The summer of 1842, Bourdeaux was in charge at Fort Laramie with how many clerks?
4. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $6,000 a year.
(b) $600 a year.
(c) $60 a day.
(d) $600 every quarter.
5. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
(a) Kit Carson
(b) Captain Howard Stansbury.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) General Richard Gerard.
6. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
7. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Charles Preuss.
(d) Kit Carson.
8. How much did the Army pay Jim Bridger per day to be the Chief of Scouts?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 25, what day of the year did the Sioux steel the horses at 5 o'clock in the morning?
(a) July 4th.
(b) July 17th.
(c) June 3rd.
(d) June 21st.
10. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
(a) Raiding Sioux.
(b) Raiding Blackfeet.
(c) Raiding Snake.
(d) Raiding Crows.
12. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
13. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
14. What did Joseph Meek say carried Jim's daughter away?
(a) "Them red devils."
(b) "Them rotten scoundrel dogs."
(c) "Them rootin' tootin' greenhorns."
(d) "Them fightin' Injuns."
15. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A rainy river bank.
(b) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(c) A buffalo's nose.
(d) A mud pie in the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
2. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
3. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
4. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
5. How many men did Sir George Gore have in his entourage?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)