|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
(a) A butter knife.
(b) A down pillow.
(c) A baby blanket.
(d) A skillet lid.
2. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
(a) Fort Hood.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Fort Bridger.
(d) Fort Union.
3. How many men did Sir George Gore have in his entourage?
4. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
(a) Piece of gold.
(c) Treasure chest.
5. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
6. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
7. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 25 feet.
8. In Chapter 26, there wasn't enough ammunition for what?
(a) Any of the Mountain Men.
(b) Killing animals for meals.
(c) All the soldier's guns.
(d) Target practice.
9. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A mud pie in the summer.
(b) A buffalo's nose.
(c) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(d) A rainy river bank.
10. In Chapter 14, the emigrants were liked to school boys lost where?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In a women's kitchen.
(c) Beyond the school house.
(d) In a big railroad station.
11. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
12. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
(a) Gerald Lund.
(b) Louis Vasquez.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Kit Carson.
13. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
14. As a result of the tragedy of murder and Jim Bridger's daughter being taken away, it was clear that the mountains were no place for what?
(b) Women and children.
(c) Civilized people.
(d) Dogs and cows.
15. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Kit Carson
(c) General Richard Gerard.
(d) Captain Howard Stansbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joseph Meek say carried Jim's daughter away?
2. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
3. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
4. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
5. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)