|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
2. In Parkman's words, the poles that were used to erect the lodges were carried by what?
(c) Women and children.
3. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
(a) Buffalo Horn.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Black Horse.
(d) Crazy Horse.
4. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(b) The Mountain Men dogs.
(c) The horses.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
6. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
7. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
8. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
(a) Colonel Patrick Powder.
(b) Colonel Nelson Cole.
(c) Colonel Nick Janice.
(d) Colonel John Reshaw.
9. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
(a) One or two.
(b) Twelve or thirteen.
(c) Two or three.
(d) Ten or eleven.
10. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
11. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
12. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Pelts or meat.
(b) Entertainment or money.
(c) Meat or game.
(d) Meat or pelts.
13. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
(a) George W. Grummond.
(b) Horation S. Bingham.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Phil Kearney.
14. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Trapper's tales.
(b) Indian folklore.
(c) Mountain legends.
(d) Greenhorn stories.
15. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Indian belts.
(b) Buffalo skulls.
(c) Peace pipes.
(d) Horse saddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
2. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
3. How many men did Sir George Gore have in his entourage?
4. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
5. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)