|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what area of the body did Jim Bridger develop goiter?
(a) Under his chin.
(b) On his calf.
(c) Under his right armpit.
(d) Below his left eyebrow.
2. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
3. What country was Sir George Gore from?
4. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(c) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
5. How old was Jim Bridger's daughter when he sent her to the Whitman Mission School?
(a) Going on eight.
(b) Going on ten.
(c) Going on seven.
(d) Going on nine.
6. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
(a) Fort Hood.
(b) Fort Bridger.
(c) Fort Laramie.
(d) Fort Union.
7. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
(a) One or two.
(b) Twelve or thirteen.
(c) Ten or eleven.
(d) Two or three.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 25, when French Pete's wife and children were discovered, it was discovered that the Indians had not killed what?
(a) Pete's animals.
(b) Pete's mother.
(c) Pete's father.
9. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
10. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
(a) Colonel John Reshaw.
(b) Colonel Patrick Powder.
(c) Colonel Nelson Cole.
(d) Colonel Nick Janice.
11. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
12. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
13. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) William J. Fetterman.
(c) Phil Kearney.
(d) Mark Twain.
14. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) Salt Lake.
15. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
2. As a result of the tragedy of murder and Jim Bridger's daughter being taken away, it was clear that the mountains were no place for what?
3. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
4. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
5. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)