|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
2. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
3. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
4. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
5. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
(a) Nine or ten.
(b) Ten or eleven.
(c) Eleven or twelve.
(d) Seven or Eight.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
7. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Kit Carson
(c) General Richard Gerard.
(d) Captain Howard Stansbury.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 25, what day of the year did the Sioux steel the horses at 5 o'clock in the morning?
(a) July 17th.
(b) June 21st.
(c) June 3rd.
(d) July 4th.
9. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) General W.B. Hazen.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Mark Twain.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
(a) Raiding Sioux.
(b) Raiding Crows.
(c) Raiding Snake.
(d) Raiding Blackfeet.
11. In Chapter 26, what that Jim Bridger possessed is something he took for granted?
12. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Snakes.
(d) The Blackfeet.
13. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
(a) George W. Grummond.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Phil Kearney.
(d) Horation S. Bingham.
14. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
15. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 25, when French Pete's wife and children were discovered, it was discovered that the Indians had not killed what?
2. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
3. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
4. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
5. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)