|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
(a) Buffalo chips.
(d) Wood chips.
2. In what year did General Grenville M. Dodge summon Jim Bridger to act as Chief of Scouts?
3. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $6,000 a year.
(b) $600 every quarter.
(c) $60 a day.
(d) $600 a year.
4. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Trapper's tales.
(b) Greenhorn stories.
(c) Mountain legends.
(d) Indian folklore.
5. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
(a) Captain Palmer.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) A.J. Shotwell.
6. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Buffalo skins.
(b) Corn husks.
(c) Hot meat.
(d) Cowboy pie.
7. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
8. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Colonel Carrington.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) General W.B. Hazen.
9. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
10. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Angus MacDonald.
(c) Lieut. Glenn.
(d) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
11. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
(a) A down pillow.
(b) A baby blanket.
(c) A butter knife.
(d) A skillet lid.
12. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
(a) January 15th.
(b) January 25th.
(c) January 11th.
(d) January 20th.
13. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
14. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
15. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
(a) Colonel Nick Janice.
(b) Colonel Nelson Cole.
(c) Colonel Patrick Powder.
(d) Colonel John Reshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
2. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
3. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
4. In Chapter 26, there wasn't enough ammunition for what?
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)