|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
(a) The frontier gospel.
(b) The Indian and trapper agreement.
(c) The Indian wisdom.
(d) The Mountain Man oath.
2. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
(c) Wood chips.
(d) Buffalo chips.
3. In Chapter 26, what that Jim Bridger possessed is something he took for granted?
4. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(b) The Mountain Men dogs.
(c) The horses.
5. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Meat or game.
(b) Meat or pelts.
(c) Entertainment or money.
(d) Pelts or meat.
6. What was the name of Bordeaux's squaw?
7. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
8. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Missouri Journal.
(b) Kearney Herald.
(c) Buffalo Post.
(d) Frontier Sun.
9. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
(a) Leo Tolstoy.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
10. When Sir George bought cattle, how much did he spend per head?
11. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
12. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A mud pie in the summer.
(b) A buffalo's nose.
(c) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(d) A rainy river bank.
13. When Jim Bridger opened his gate after hearing someone knock, which of his friends was there?
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Joe Meek.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) Kit Carson.
14. What did Joseph Meek say carried Jim's daughter away?
(a) "Them rotten scoundrel dogs."
(b) "Them fightin' Injuns."
(c) "Them rootin' tootin' greenhorns."
(d) "Them red devils."
15. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Lieut. Glenn.
(b) Angus MacDonald.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
2. Who believed Americans had a false notion of war?
3. Who told Bridger they wanted him to find a more direct route for wagons from Fort Bridger to the South Platte.
4. In Chapter 14, the emigrants were liked to school boys lost where?
5. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)