Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
(b) The horses.
(d) The Mountain Men dogs.
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
(a) October 30th.
(b) November 20th.
(c) November 18th.
(d) October 17th.
3. On the night of December 20th, who told everyone he must have one scalp before he left Fort Laramie?
(a) Angus MacDonald.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Captain Fredrick H. Brown.
(d) Lieut. Glenn.
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Buffalo Post.
(b) Frontier Sun.
(c) Kearney Herald.
(d) Missouri Journal.
5. What Valley did Bridger lead Captain Howard Stansbury down from?
6. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Snakes.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Sioux.
7. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Cowboy pie.
(b) Corn husks.
(c) Buffalo skins.
(d) Hot meat.
8. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Pelts or meat.
(b) Meat or pelts.
(c) Meat or game.
(d) Entertainment or money.
9. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) A butter knife.
(c) A down pillow.
(d) A skillet lid.
10. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
(a) The Morman Calvery.
(b) The Mountain Man Rendezvous Camp.
(c) The Pony Express.
(d) The gold rush trail.
11. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
12. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
13. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
(c) Buffalo chips.
(d) Wood chips.
14. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York City.
(d) St. Louis.
15. Who was Jim Bridger's friend that he persuaded to come out to Fort Bridger and be partners with him?
(a) Gerald Lund.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Louis Vasquez.
(d) Kit Carson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
2. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
3. When Sir George Gore ordered all the irons raked from the ashes, where did he ask the men to throw them?
4. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)