|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Meat or pelts.
(b) Entertainment or money.
(c) Pelts or meat.
(d) Meat or game.
2. What year did Gore pack up his things and move to Tongue River?
3. On what area of the body did Jim Bridger develop goiter?
(a) Below his left eyebrow.
(b) On his calf.
(c) Under his right armpit.
(d) Under his chin.
4. How old was Jim Bridger's daughter when he sent her to the Whitman Mission School?
(a) Going on eight.
(b) Going on seven.
(c) Going on ten.
(d) Going on nine.
5. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Hot meat.
(b) Cowboy pie.
(c) Buffalo skins.
(d) Corn husks.
6. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
(a) Dear and buffalo.
(b) Bear and buffalo.
(c) Elk and buffalo.
(d) Bear and elk..
7. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
(b) Wood chips.
(c) Buffalo chips.
8. What was the name of Bordeaux's squaw?
9. What did Joseph Meek say carried Jim's daughter away?
(a) "Them rootin' tootin' greenhorns."
(b) "Them fightin' Injuns."
(c) "Them rotten scoundrel dogs."
(d) "Them red devils."
10. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Trapper's tales.
(b) Mountain legends.
(c) Greenhorn stories.
(d) Indian folklore.
11. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
12. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
13. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
(a) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(b) Captain Palmer.
(c) A.J. Shotwell.
(d) Kit Carson.
14. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
(a) Charles Preuss.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Francis Parkman.
(d) Kit Carson.
15. In Chapter 26, there wasn't enough ammunition for what?
(a) Killing animals for meals.
(b) All the soldier's guns.
(c) Target practice.
(d) Any of the Mountain Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
2. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
4. What country was Sir George Gore from?
5. Who said, "Boys, the trouble with you is you're all spunk and no gumption"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)