|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
2. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
3. French Pete had a Sioux wife and how many children?
4. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Buffalo Post.
(b) Missouri Journal.
(c) Frontier Sun.
(d) Kearney Herald.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 22, Jim Bridger is discharged on the last day of what month in 1865?
6. Bridger was interviewed by a newspaper editor, but the editors friend told him not to take any stock in what?
(a) Trapper's tales.
(b) Greenhorn stories.
(c) Indian folklore.
(d) Mountain legends.
7. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) William J. Fetterman.
(b) Phil Kearney.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Mark Twain.
8. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Cowboy pie.
(c) Buffalo skins.
(d) Hot meat.
9. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
(a) Bear and elk..
(b) Dear and buffalo.
(c) Elk and buffalo.
(d) Bear and buffalo.
10. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
(a) Charles Preuss.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Francis Parkman.
(d) Kit Carson.
11. Where did Jim Bridger travel to give his opinion of the Mormons?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
12. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
13. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
14. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
15. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
(a) Nine or ten.
(b) Eleven or twelve.
(c) Ten or eleven.
(d) Seven or Eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
2. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
3. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
4. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
5. Chapter 16 mentions a cold afternoon when Bridger's dogs began to bark. Bridger peers through his loophole and sees how many dark figures?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)