|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Jim Bridger make per day working as a guide for the Army of Utah?
2. When Jim Bridger opened his gate after hearing someone knock, which of his friends was there?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
3. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
(a) January 15th.
(b) January 11th.
(c) January 25th.
(d) January 20th.
4. How old was Jim Bridger's daughter when he sent her to the Whitman Mission School?
(a) Going on seven.
(b) Going on ten.
(c) Going on eight.
(d) Going on nine.
5. How many men did Sir George Gore have in his entourage?
6. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Pelts or meat.
(b) Meat or game.
(c) Entertainment or money.
(d) Meat or pelts.
7. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
8. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
9. In Chapter 26, there wasn't enough ammunition for what?
(a) Killing animals for meals.
(b) Target practice.
(c) All the soldier's guns.
(d) Any of the Mountain Men.
10. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Horse saddles.
(b) Peace pipes.
(c) Indian belts.
(d) Buffalo skulls.
11. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
12. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
13. What was the name of the Cheyenne chief in Chapter 25?
(a) Black Horse.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Buffalo Horn.
(d) Sitting Bull.
14. Who was John C. Fremont's topographer?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Charles Preuss.
(c) Gabe Rogers.
(d) Jim Bridger.
15. Jim Bridger once told a group of eager treasure hunters that on the top of a mountain they could find a great big what?
(b) Treasure chest.
(d) Piece of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 25, what day of the year did the Sioux steel the horses at 5 o'clock in the morning?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 25, when French Pete's wife and children were discovered, it was discovered that the Indians had not killed what?
3. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
4. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
5. What did the Mormons pile in their houses when they were afraid the troops would sack their city?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)