|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, when Bridger decided to "set his moccasins on a new trail" his experience was likened to that of whom?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Charles Preuss.
2. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $600 every quarter.
(b) $6,000 a year.
(c) $600 a year.
(d) $60 a day.
3. Who was Sir George Gore's favorite author?
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Louisa May Alcott.
4. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
5. The Indians and Mountain men always hunted for what two reasons?
(a) Meat or game.
(b) Pelts or meat.
(c) Entertainment or money.
(d) Meat or pelts.
6. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
(a) October 17th.
(b) November 18th.
(c) October 30th.
(d) November 20th.
7. What time did Sir George Gore usually sleep until in the morning?
(a) Seven or Eight.
(b) Nine or ten.
(c) Ten or eleven.
(d) Eleven or twelve.
8. In Chapter 14, Jim Bridger is described as being as slick as what?
(a) A buffalo's nose.
(b) A tear on a squaw's cheek.
(c) A mud pie in the summer.
(d) A rainy river bank.
9. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
(a) 25 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
10. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
11. The words "Hell's full of greenhorns" was known as what?
(a) The Mountain Man oath.
(b) The Indian and trapper agreement.
(c) The Indian wisdom.
(d) The frontier gospel.
12. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
13. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Kearney Herald.
(b) Buffalo Post.
(c) Missouri Journal.
(d) Frontier Sun.
14. What did Jim Bridger find on the side of a trail that had Indian signs marked on them?
(a) Buffalo skulls.
(b) Horse saddles.
(c) Peace pipes.
(d) Indian belts.
15. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Two or three.
(c) Twelve or thirteen.
(d) One or two.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jim Bridger arrived at his home in Santa Fe, he had a son named what?
2. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
3. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
4. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
5. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)