|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
2. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
3. What did the young Crow warrior strike Joseph Meek's wife with?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A quirt.
(c) A rock.
(d) A bow.
4. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
5. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Snake.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(c) The Arapaho.
(d) The Sioux.
6. When eight hundred Indians caught the Colonel napping in Chapter 3, how many men did they kill?
7. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
8. What was a booshway?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A boss.
(c) A new trapper.
(d) An Indian scout.
9. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
10. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
11. When Indians attacked Henry's party in the beginning of Chapter 5, how many men were wounded?
12. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
13. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(b) Nez Perces.
14. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
15. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the steamboat that carried passengers up the Missouri beyond Franklin?
2. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
3. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
4. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
5. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)