|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
(a) Was a blacksmith.
(b) Raised cattle.
(c) Kept a tavern.
(d) Sailed ships.
2. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
3. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
4. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
(a) Bill Sublette.
(b) Jed Smith.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Hugh Glass.
5. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
(a) That it would be less expensive.
(b) That he must be a master at his trade.
(c) That he would have to depend on himself.
(d) That he could hire the people he wanted.
6. In what year was Jim Bridger born?
7. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
8. What was a booshway?
(a) A boss.
(b) An Indian scout.
(c) A new trapper.
(d) A teacher.
9. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(a) Nez Perces.
10. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
(a) The got lost and turned the wrong way.
(b) They ran into another brigade.
(c) They were killed by Blackfeet Indians.
(d) They found some lost horses and brought them back.
11. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
12. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
(a) The Bear River.
(b) The Greene River.
(c) The Yellowstone River.
(d) The Snake River.
13. Some of the older trappers had advantages over Jim. Who was a better businessman than Jim?
(a) Major Henry.
(b) Hugh Glass.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Bill Sublette.
14. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) John Colter.
(b) David Mackaws.
(c) Louis Parker.
(d) Phil Creamer.
15. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young Crow warrior strike Joseph Meek's wife with?
2. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
3. Jim carried a small horn vial on his belt filled with what?
4. In Chapter 7, who was the man that looked thin as a rail, red eyed, ragged, and unarmed?
5. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)