|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was made the subject in painter, John Mix Stanley's painting named, "The Trapper's Last Shot"?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Joseph Meek.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
2. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
3. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
4. Jim carried a small horn vial on his belt filled with what?
(c) Gun powder.
5. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
6. Even though Bridger was hospitable and generous, he was not fond of what?
(c) Indian rituals.
7. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
(a) A cup.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A hat.
8. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
9. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
(a) Gentle Rabbit.
(b) Honey Bear.
(c) Soothing Foal.
(d) Mountain Lamb.
10. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
(b) Wild Rose.
11. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day five.
(b) Day two.
(c) Day three.
(d) Day one.
12. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(c) Twenty Five.
13. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Work alone.
(b) Fight Indians.
(c) Find animal trails.
(d) Discover new landmarks.
14. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Scruffy dogs.
(b) Half breed children.
(c) Black crows.
(d) Beaver pelts.
15. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Andrew Henry.
(c) Mike Fink.
(d) Colonel Ashley.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
2. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
3. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
4. Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade on the march. What does Washington write about Sublette's arm?
5. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)