|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
(a) A belt.
(b) A saddle decoration.
(c) A hair piece.
(d) A necklace.
2. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
(a) Wild Rose.
3. Jim carried a small horn vial on his belt filled with what?
(d) Gun powder.
4. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
5. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Yellowstone River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Red River.
(d) Missouri River.
6. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would be shaved bald.
(b) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(c) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
(d) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
7. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
8. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day two.
(b) Day five.
(c) Day three.
(d) Day one.
9. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Old Gabe.
(b) Jimmy Sure.
(c) Lookout Point.
(d) Constant Bridger.
10. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
(a) At the kitchen.
(b) Before the Captain's cabin.
(c) At the fort's storage closet.
(d) At the front entrance of the fort.
11. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
12. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(b) Wash the horses.
13. Which tribe was allies with the Blackfeet Indians?
(b) Gros Ventres.
14. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
15. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Atsena.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
2. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
3. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
4. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
5. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)