|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day five.
(b) Day three.
(c) Day one.
(d) Day two.
2. How old was Jim Bridger when his family headed west?
3. What did the young Crow warrior strike Joseph Meek's wife with?
(a) A quirt.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A rock.
(d) A bow.
4. Which tribe was allies with the Blackfeet Indians?
(a) Gros Ventres.
5. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Arapaho.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Snake.
6. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
7. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
8. What trapper rule concerning guns was similar to the rule of the Indian camps?
(a) No man should fire a gun within the camp.
(b) No man should keep more than one gun.
(c) No man should keep a gun to just himself.
(d) No man should sleep with his gun empty.
9. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would be shaved bald.
(b) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(c) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
(d) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
10. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between a warrior's feet.
(b) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
(c) Between the chief's feet.
(d) Between Bridger's feet.
11. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
(a) New York.
12. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(b) His belongings.
13. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
(a) Andrew Henry.
(b) Louis Carter.
(c) Mike Fink.
(d) Colonel Ashley.
14. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
15. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
2. What was a booshway?
3. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
4. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
5. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)