Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
2. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
(a) They were killed by Blackfeet Indians.
(b) The got lost and turned the wrong way.
(c) They found some lost horses and brought them back.
(d) They ran into another brigade.
3. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
(a) The plains.
(d) Near the Yellowstone River.
4. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
5. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
6. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
7. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
8. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
9. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
10. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
(a) To give to his children.
(b) To keep his bed warm.
(c) To trade with the Indians.
(d) To use for his horses.
11. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
12. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
13. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
14. Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade on the march. What does Washington write about Sublette's arm?
(a) That it was still in a sling.
(b) That it didn't look like it would heal.
(c) That it didn't look like anything was wrong.
(d) That it hung limply at Sublette's side.
15. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
2. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
3. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
4. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
5. In what year was Jim Bridger born?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)