|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Crow.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Atsena.
2. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
3. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
4. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
5. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(b) Nez Perces.
6. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Major Henry's.
(b) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(c) Joe Meek.
(d) Jim Bridger's.
7. How old was Jim Bridger when his family headed west?
8. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between the chief's feet.
(b) Between Bridger's feet.
(c) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
(d) Between a warrior's feet.
9. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
10. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
(a) Near the Yellowstone River.
(d) The plains.
11. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Half breed children.
(b) Scruffy dogs.
(c) Beaver pelts.
(d) Black crows.
12. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
13. Who was made the subject in painter, John Mix Stanley's painting named, "The Trapper's Last Shot"?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Joseph Meek.
(d) Kit Carson.
14. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
15. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
(a) Mike Fink.
(b) Colonel Ashley.
(c) Andrew Henry.
(d) Louis Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
2. No free trapper could do what safely?
3. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
4. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
5. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)