|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
(a) Joseph Meek.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) John Jacob Astor.
2. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(a) Nez Perces.
3. What trapper rule concerning guns was similar to the rule of the Indian camps?
(a) No man should keep more than one gun.
(b) No man should keep a gun to just himself.
(c) No man should sleep with his gun empty.
(d) No man should fire a gun within the camp.
4. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
(a) At the kitchen.
(b) At the fort's storage closet.
(c) At the front entrance of the fort.
(d) Before the Captain's cabin.
5. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) John Colter.
(c) Major Henry.
(d) Franklin Tourin.
6. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(c) One hundred.
7. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
8. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) Phil Creamer.
(b) David Mackaws.
(c) Louis Parker.
(d) John Colter.
9. What did the young Crow warrior strike Joseph Meek's wife with?
(a) A rock.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A quirt.
(d) A bow.
10. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(b) Twenty Five.
11. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Kill his brother.
(c) Follow their orders.
(d) Spy on his own people.
12. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
13. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
14. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
15. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day five.
(b) Day three.
(c) Day one.
(d) Day two.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
2. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
3. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
4. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)