|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was made the subject in painter, John Mix Stanley's painting named, "The Trapper's Last Shot"?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Joseph Meek.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
2. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
3. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
4. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(a) His belongings.
5. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
6. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(c) One hundred.
7. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
(a) The Atsena.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Crow.
8. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
9. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
10. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
(a) The got lost and turned the wrong way.
(b) They found some lost horses and brought them back.
(c) They were killed by Blackfeet Indians.
(d) They ran into another brigade.
11. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Black crows.
(b) Scruffy dogs.
(c) Half breed children.
(d) Beaver pelts.
12. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Fight Indians.
(b) Work alone.
(c) Discover new landmarks.
(d) Find animal trails.
13. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
14. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Constant Bridger.
(b) Lookout Point.
(c) Jimmy Sure.
(d) Old Gabe.
15. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) March 30th.
(b) March 17th.
(c) May 16th.
(d) April 10th.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
2. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
3. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
4. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
5. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)