Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the steamboat that carried passengers up the Missouri beyond Franklin?
(a) The Explorer.
(b) The Independence.
(c) The National.
(d) The United.
2. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
3. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Yellowstone River.
(c) Missouri River.
(d) Red River.
4. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
5. How old was Jim when his mother died?
(a) Going on twelve.
(b) Going on ten.
(c) Going on seventeen.
(d) Going on fourteen.
6. Why did Bridger and Fitzpatrick pass across the head of buffalo herds to cover their tracks?
(a) Because the hooves of the buffalo would wipe away their trail.
(b) Because the smell of the buffalo would overpower the man's smell.
(c) Because they could follow the buffalo herd and stay hidden.
(d) Because they could always have food nearby.
7. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
8. Who saved Cotton Mansfield when the Indians were running after him to get his scalp?
(a) Captain Bonneville.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Jim Bridger.
9. What was a booshway?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An Indian scout.
(c) A boss.
(d) A new trapper.
10. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(a) Twenty Five.
11. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day three.
(b) Day one.
(c) Day five.
(d) Day two.
12. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
(a) John Jacob Astor.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Joseph Meek.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
13. How many miles away from Fort Kiowa was Hugh Glass when he came to on the Grand River?
14. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
15. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
2. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
3. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
4. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
5. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)