|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
2. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
3. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A saddle decoration.
(c) A belt.
(d) A hair piece.
4. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) April 10th.
(b) March 30th.
(c) March 17th.
(d) May 16th.
5. How old was Jim Bridger when his family headed west?
6. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
7. Jim Bridger was a born what?
8. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(d) Twenty Five.
9. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Red River.
(b) Yellowstone River.
(c) Missouri River.
(d) Mississippi River.
10. Some of the older trappers had advantages over Jim. Who was a better businessman than Jim?
(a) Major Henry.
(b) Hugh Glass.
(c) Bill Sublette.
(d) Kit Carson.
11. What was the name of the steamboat that carried passengers up the Missouri beyond Franklin?
(a) The Independence.
(b) The United.
(c) The National.
(d) The Explorer.
12. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(b) Joe Meek.
(c) Jim Bridger's.
(d) Major Henry's.
13. In what year was Jim Bridger born?
14. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
(a) Spy on his own people.
(b) Kill his brother.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Follow their orders.
15. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
2. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
3. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
4. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
5. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)