|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
2. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
3. What city did Jim Bridger's father work in?
(a) Richmond, Virginia.
(b) Alexandria, Virginia.
(c) Bristol, Virginia.
(d) Fairfax, Virginia.
4. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day one.
(b) Day three.
(c) Day two.
(d) Day five.
5. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(b) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
(c) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
(d) They would be shaved bald.
6. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Atsena.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Blackfeet.
7. Jim Bridger was a born what?
8. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
(a) Andrew Henry.
(b) Mike Fink.
(c) Colonel Ashley.
(d) Louis Carter.
9. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
(a) To use for his horses.
(b) To give to his children.
(c) To keep his bed warm.
(d) To trade with the Indians.
10. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
(a) Hugh Glass.
(b) Jed Smith.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Bill Sublette.
11. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(a) His belongings.
12. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
(a) A cup.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shovel.
13. Who was made the subject in painter, John Mix Stanley's painting named, "The Trapper's Last Shot"?
(a) Joseph Meek.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
14. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
15. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Scruffy dogs.
(b) Half breed children.
(c) Black crows.
(d) Beaver pelts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
2. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
3. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
4. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
5. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)