|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Fight Indians.
(b) Discover new landmarks.
(c) Work alone.
(d) Find animal trails.
2. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(a) Nez Perces.
3. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day one.
(b) Day five.
(c) Day three.
(d) Day two.
4. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
5. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Black crows.
(b) Scruffy dogs.
(c) Beaver pelts.
(d) Half breed children.
6. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
7. How old was Jim when his mother died?
(a) Going on seventeen.
(b) Going on fourteen.
(c) Going on twelve.
(d) Going on ten.
8. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
9. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
10. Some of the older trappers had advantages over Jim. Who was a better businessman than Jim?
(a) Major Henry.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Hugh Glass.
(d) Bill Sublette.
11. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
(a) Gentle Rabbit.
(b) Honey Bear.
(c) Mountain Lamb.
(d) Soothing Foal.
12. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
(a) Dr. Parker.
(b) Joseph Meek.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Jim Bridger.
13. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(b) One hundred.
14. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
15. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
2. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
3. Who was made the subject in painter, John Mix Stanley's painting named, "The Trapper's Last Shot"?
4. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
5. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)