|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Indians attacked Henry's party in the beginning of Chapter 5, how many men were wounded?
2. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
3. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
4. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
5. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
6. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(d) Twenty Five.
7. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Franklin Tourin.
(c) Major Henry.
(d) John Colter.
8. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
(b) Near the Yellowstone River.
(c) The plains.
9. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
10. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
11. Why did Bridger and Fitzpatrick pass across the head of buffalo herds to cover their tracks?
(a) Because they could always have food nearby.
(b) Because they could follow the buffalo herd and stay hidden.
(c) Because the smell of the buffalo would overpower the man's smell.
(d) Because the hooves of the buffalo would wipe away their trail.
12. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(c) His belongings.
13. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(a) Wash the horses.
14. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Work alone.
(b) Fight Indians.
(c) Find animal trails.
(d) Discover new landmarks.
15. In what year was Jim Bridger born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
2. Jim Bridger was a born what?
3. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
4. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
5. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)