|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(b) Nez Perces.
2. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
3. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) David Mackaws.
(b) Phil Creamer.
(c) Louis Parker.
(d) John Colter.
4. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(d) Twenty Five.
5. How old was Jim Bridger when his family headed west?
6. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
(a) Gentle Rabbit.
(b) Soothing Foal.
(c) Mountain Lamb.
(d) Honey Bear.
7. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day three.
(b) Day five.
(c) Day one.
(d) Day two.
8. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
9. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Black crows.
(b) Beaver pelts.
(c) Scruffy dogs.
(d) Half breed children.
10. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
11. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Colonel Ashley.
(c) Mike Fink.
(d) Andrew Henry.
12. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
13. Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade on the march. What does Washington write about Sublette's arm?
(a) That it didn't look like it would heal.
(b) That it hung limply at Sublette's side.
(c) That it was still in a sling.
(d) That it didn't look like anything was wrong.
14. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
15. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Old Gabe.
(b) Jimmy Sure.
(c) Lookout Point.
(d) Constant Bridger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
2. How many Crow squaws guarded Joseph Meek?
3. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
4. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
5. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)