|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
(c) Wild Rose.
2. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
(a) A handful of beaver fur.
(b) A slab of fine wood.
(c) White ashes.
(d) A clean washing cloth.
3. At the fort Big Horn men were divided into messes. How many people were a part of one "mess"?
4. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
5. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
6. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(c) Wash the horses.
7. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(c) His belongings.
8. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
(a) Joseph Meek.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) John Jacob Astor.
(d) Tom Fitzpatrick.
9. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
10. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
(a) Guide a horse through danger.
(b) Teach new trappers the trade.
(c) Live in the country.
(d) Find the Indians.
11. Jim Bridger was a born what?
12. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
13. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
14. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
15. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(b) Nez Perces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
2. In Chapter 7, who was the man that looked thin as a rail, red eyed, ragged, and unarmed?
3. What trapper rule concerning guns was similar to the rule of the Indian camps?
4. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
5. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)