|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Jimmy Sure.
(b) Lookout Point.
(c) Old Gabe.
(d) Constant Bridger.
2. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
3. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
(a) Hugh Glass.
(b) Bill Sublette.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Jed Smith.
4. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
(a) Dr. Parker.
(b) Joseph Meek.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Jim Bridger.
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
6. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A hat.
(c) A cup.
(d) A spoon.
7. Why did Bridger and Fitzpatrick pass across the head of buffalo herds to cover their tracks?
(a) Because they could always have food nearby.
(b) Because the smell of the buffalo would overpower the man's smell.
(c) Because the hooves of the buffalo would wipe away their trail.
(d) Because they could follow the buffalo herd and stay hidden.
8. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
9. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
(a) Scruffy dogs.
(b) Black crows.
(c) Beaver pelts.
(d) Half breed children.
10. Even though Bridger was hospitable and generous, he was not fond of what?
(d) Indian rituals.
11. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
(a) Jim Bridger.
(b) Franklin Tourin.
(c) Major Henry.
(d) John Colter.
12. When Indians attacked Henry's party in the beginning of Chapter 5, how many men were wounded?
13. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(c) Major Henry's.
(d) Jim Bridger's.
14. What was the name of the steamboat that carried passengers up the Missouri beyond Franklin?
(a) The United.
(b) The National.
(c) The Explorer.
(d) The Independence.
15. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
2. What was a booshway?
3. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
4. Who saved Kit Carson from being attacked by the Indians?
5. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)