|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, it was mentioned that on average about one Mountain man was killed every how many days?
(b) Twenty Five.
2. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
(c) His belongings.
3. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
(b) Wild Rose.
4. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Snake.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(c) The Arapaho.
(d) The Sioux.
5. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between a warrior's feet.
(b) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
(c) Between the chief's feet.
(d) Between Bridger's feet.
6. Who saved Cotton Mansfield when the Indians were running after him to get his scalp?
(a) Captain Bonneville.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Kit Carson.
7. How old was Jim when his mother died?
(a) Going on ten.
(b) Going on seventeen.
(c) Going on fourteen.
(d) Going on twelve.
8. Which greenhorn was described as being awake and never resting?
9. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
(a) Joseph Meek.
(b) Dr. Parker.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Jim Bridger.
10. How old was Jim Bridger when his family headed west?
11. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
12. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
13. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
(a) A clean washing cloth.
(b) A slab of fine wood.
(c) A handful of beaver fur.
(d) White ashes.
14. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Jim Bridger's.
(c) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(d) Major Henry's.
15. When eight hundred Indians caught the Colonel napping in Chapter 3, how many men did they kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade, he mentioned that there were what perched on top of some of the packs?
2. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
3. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
4. Which tribe was allies with the Blackfeet Indians?
5. Who was made the subject in painter, John Mix Stanley's painting named, "The Trapper's Last Shot"?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)