|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) John Colter.
(b) Louis Parker.
(c) Phil Creamer.
(d) David Mackaws.
2. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
(a) Was a blacksmith.
(b) Kept a tavern.
(c) Sailed ships.
(d) Raised cattle.
3. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
(a) They found some lost horses and brought them back.
(b) They were killed by Blackfeet Indians.
(c) The got lost and turned the wrong way.
(d) They ran into another brigade.
4. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
5. When Joseph Meek headed out of camp alone on what day out of camp did the Crows catch up with him?
(a) Day one.
(b) Day five.
(c) Day three.
(d) Day two.
6. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Lookout Point.
(b) Jimmy Sure.
(c) Old Gabe.
(d) Constant Bridger.
7. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
8. How old was Jim Bridger when his family headed west?
9. What trapper rule concerning guns was similar to the rule of the Indian camps?
(a) No man should keep a gun to just himself.
(b) No man should fire a gun within the camp.
(c) No man should keep more than one gun.
(d) No man should sleep with his gun empty.
10. What color was Jim Bridger's horse that he mounted to ride off to save Joseph Meek?
11. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Red River.
(b) Yellowstone River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Missouri River.
12. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(c) Wash the horses.
13. From what tribe did Joseph Meek's wife come from?
14. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
(a) Live in the country.
(b) Find the Indians.
(c) Teach new trappers the trade.
(d) Guide a horse through danger.
15. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
2. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
3. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
4. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
5. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)