|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
(a) Major Henry.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) John Colter.
(d) Franklin Tourin.
2. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(b) One hundred.
3. What trapper rule concerning guns was similar to the rule of the Indian camps?
(a) No man should keep a gun to just himself.
(b) No man should sleep with his gun empty.
(c) No man should fire a gun within the camp.
(d) No man should keep more than one gun.
4. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) True Teacher.
(b) Guiding One.
(c) Good Follower.
(d) Blanket Chief.
5. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
(a) A handful of beaver fur.
(b) A slab of fine wood.
(c) White ashes.
(d) A clean washing cloth.
6. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
7. Jim Bridger was a born what?
8. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
(a) New York.
9. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
(a) John Jacob Astor.
(b) Joseph Meek.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Jim Bridger.
10. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) Phil Creamer.
(b) David Mackaws.
(c) Louis Parker.
(d) John Colter.
11. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
12. Which tribe was allies with the Blackfeet Indians?
(d) Gros Ventres.
13. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
14. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
15. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
(a) To give to his children.
(b) To use for his horses.
(c) To trade with the Indians.
(d) To keep his bed warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
2. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
3. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
4. Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade on the march. What does Washington write about Sublette's arm?
5. What was a booshway?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)