|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
2. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) May 16th.
(b) March 17th.
(c) March 30th.
(d) April 10th.
3. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(d) One hundred.
4. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
(a) Spy on his own people.
(b) Kill his brother.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Follow their orders.
5. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
6. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
(a) They ran into another brigade.
(b) They found some lost horses and brought them back.
(c) They were killed by Blackfeet Indians.
(d) The got lost and turned the wrong way.
7. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
8. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between Bridger's feet.
(b) Between the chief's feet.
(c) Between a warrior's feet.
(d) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
9. Some of the older trappers had advantages over Jim. Who was a better businessman than Jim?
(a) Major Henry.
(b) Bill Sublette.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Hugh Glass.
10. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
(a) The Snake River.
(b) The Bear River.
(c) The Yellowstone River.
(d) The Greene River.
11. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
(b) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(c) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
(d) They would be shaved bald.
12. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
(b) New York.
13. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
14. In what year was Jim Bridger born?
15. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
(a) Colonel Ashley.
(b) Andrew Henry.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Mike Fink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
2. In Chapter 2, who answered to the name "Major" when Bridger called it out?
3. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
4. Who did the Crow chief give the new name of "Shiam Shaspusia"?
5. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)