|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim carried a small horn vial on his belt filled with what?
(d) Gun powder.
2. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
3. Some of the older trappers had advantages over Jim. Who was a better businessman than Jim?
(a) Major Henry.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Hugh Glass.
(d) Bill Sublette.
4. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Red River.
(c) Yellowstone River.
(d) Missouri River.
5. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
(b) New York.
6. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) True Teacher.
(b) Blanket Chief.
(c) Good Follower.
(d) Guiding One.
7. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
(a) The Arapaho.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Snake.
8. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
9. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
10. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
11. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
12. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
13. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(c) Wash the horses.
14. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
(a) That he must be a master at his trade.
(b) That he would have to depend on himself.
(c) That it would be less expensive.
(d) That he could hire the people he wanted.
15. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Joe Meek.
(b) Jim Bridger's.
(c) Major Henry's.
(d) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
2. What was a booshway?
3. In Chapter 8, Bridger and Fitzpatrick headed back towards Henry's Fork of what river?
4. Even though Bridger was hospitable and generous, he was not fond of what?
5. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)