|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) May 16th.
(b) March 17th.
(c) April 10th.
(d) March 30th.
2. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
(a) Franklin Tourin.
(b) Major Henry.
(c) John Colter.
(d) Jim Bridger.
3. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between the chief's feet.
(b) Between a warrior's feet.
(c) Between Bridger's feet.
(d) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
4. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
(a) Hugh Glass.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Jed Smith.
(d) Bill Sublette.
5. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
(a) Andrew Henry.
(b) Mike Fink.
(c) Colonel Ashley.
(d) Jim Bridger.
6. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
7. How many men did Vanderburgh take with him into Blackfoot country?
8. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
(a) A clean washing cloth.
(b) A handful of beaver fur.
(c) White ashes.
(d) A slab of fine wood.
9. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
10. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(b) Wash the horses.
11. When Indians attacked Henry's party in the beginning of Chapter 5, how many men were wounded?
12. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
13. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(b) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
(c) They would be shaved bald.
(d) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
14. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
15. What was a booshway?
(a) A boss.
(b) A new trapper.
(c) An Indian scout.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
2. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
3. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
4. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
5. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)