|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chief of Scouts- Chapter 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dense bushes was Hugh Glass pushing his way through when he came across a grizzly?
(c) Wild Rose.
2. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
3. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(d) Nez Perces.
4. At what time did Bridger hear the children playing on the parade ground yelling the word, "Indian"?
(a) 10 o'clock.
(b) 1 o'clock.
(c) 4 o'clock.
(d) 11 o'clock.
5. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 25 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the tragedy of murder and Jim Bridger's daughter being taken away, it was clear that the mountains were no place for what?
2. What was the name of Bridger's favorite racehorse?
3. How much did Jim Bridger make per day working as a guide for the Army of Utah?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 14, Bridger and his men were riding over a ridge and the greenhorns mistook them for who?
5. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)