|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Guide- Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
2. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
3. What place was the largest trading post in the West?
(a) Fort Union.
(b) Fort Bridger.
(c) Fort Laramie.
(d) Fort Hood.
4. How much did Jim Bridger agree to lease Fort Bridger to the government for?
(a) $60 a day.
(b) $6,000 a year.
(c) $600 a year.
(d) $600 every quarter.
5. When Parkman's story and words were referred to in Chapter 14, he mentioned that the water was alive with dogs, horses, and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Parkman's words, the poles that were used to erect the lodges were carried by what?
2. What was the date Jim Bridger leased his claim to Fort Bridger to the government?
3. Why did Bridger and Fitzpatrick pass across the head of buffalo herds to cover their tracks?
4. No free trapper could do what safely?
5. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)