|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Guide- Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No free trapper could do what safely?
(a) Discover new landmarks.
(b) Find animal trails.
(c) Fight Indians.
(d) Work alone.
2. Sir George Gore brought a lot of men to help him hunt what two animals?
(a) Dear and buffalo.
(b) Bear and elk..
(c) Bear and buffalo.
(d) Elk and buffalo.
3. When eight hundred Indians caught the Colonel napping in Chapter 3, how many men did they kill?
4. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
5. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
(a) Find the Indians.
(b) Guide a horse through danger.
(c) Live in the country.
(d) Teach new trappers the trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 20, where did President Buchanan order troops to be sent?
2. How old was Jim when his mother died?
3. What did Tom "slap" over Jim's wounds from the arrows?
4. Sir George Gore would go out alone or with how many companions to hunt after his morning routine?
5. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)