|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Booshway- Chapter 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
(a) Live in the country.
(b) Teach new trappers the trade.
(c) Find the Indians.
(d) Guide a horse through danger.
2. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
(a) At the front entrance of the fort.
(b) At the fort's storage closet.
(c) Before the Captain's cabin.
(d) At the kitchen.
3. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
4. What day was Jim Bridger's birthday?
(a) March 30th.
(b) March 17th.
(c) May 16th.
(d) April 10th.
5. What kind of animal was Old Ephraim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Hudson's Bay Company monopolize all trade with the Indians?
2. When Old Ephraim ran across the Prince Maximilian party, how many rifle's worth of lead did he carry off with him?
3. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
4. Even though Bridger was hospitable and generous, he was not fond of what?
5. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)