|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Booshway- Chapter 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) Louis Parker.
(b) John Colter.
(c) Phil Creamer.
(d) David Mackaws.
2. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(b) Joe Meek.
(c) Major Henry's.
(d) Jim Bridger's.
3. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
4. How many arrows did the young warrior shoot into Jim Bridger's back?
5. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between the chief's feet.
(b) Between a warrior's feet.
(c) Between Bridger's feet.
(d) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men's camp equipment consisted of a kettle, a knife, a blanket, and what else?
2. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
3. No free trapper could do what safely?
4. What was another name for goats mentioned in Chapter 3?
5. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)