|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Booshway- Chapter 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's doctor did Captain William Sublette have his wounds dressed by?
(a) Major Henry's.
(b) Nathaniel J. Wyeth's.
(c) Jim Bridger's.
(d) Joe Meek.
2. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
(a) Louis Parker.
(b) Phil Creamer.
(c) John Colter.
(d) David Mackaws.
3. Who was nicknamed, "King of the Keelboat Men"?
(a) Colonel Ashley.
(b) Andrew Henry.
(c) Mike Fink.
(d) Jim Bridger.
4. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
5. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
(a) That he could hire the people he wanted.
(b) That he must be a master at his trade.
(c) That it would be less expensive.
(d) That he would have to depend on himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who told Bridger not to be afraid because they knew the Indians and that they were his wife's relatives?
2. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
3. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
4. A prime beaver skin could sell for up to how many dollars?
5. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)