|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Trapper- Chapter 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Colonel Henry Leavenworth advanced up the river with how many companies?
2. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
(b) New York.
3. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
(a) At the kitchen.
(b) At the fort's storage closet.
(c) Before the Captain's cabin.
(d) At the front entrance of the fort.
4. What did Jim Bridger's father do?
(a) Was a blacksmith.
(b) Raised cattle.
(c) Sailed ships.
(d) Kept a tavern.
5. How many cubs did the she-bear have that Glass came across?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
2. Who volunteered with Bridger to keep an eye on Hugh Glass after he was badly injured?
3. Who did Jim apprentice in a blacksmith shop?
4. What was the name of the steamboat that carried passengers up the Missouri beyond Franklin?
5. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)