|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Trapper- Chapter 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the same year that Jim Bridger was born, Lewis and Clark set out up what river?
(a) Missouri River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Red River.
(d) Yellowstone River.
2. When Major Henry's boat sunk, he saved every man, but how much money worth of supplies was lost?
3. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
4. What would happen if a greenhorn set up drinks for all the old-timers?
(a) They would have to sleep outside with no cover in the rain.
(b) They would have to clean up everyone's campsite.
(c) They would be shaved bald.
(d) They would have to sing lullabies to the coyotes at night.
5. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
(a) A hair piece.
(b) A belt.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A saddle decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles was the keel boat race up the Missouri that Manuel Lisa won?
2. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
3. Who was the first American to harvest beaver fur west of the Rockies?
4. How old was Jim when his mother died?
5. When Indians attacked Henry's party in the beginning of Chapter 5, how many men were wounded?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)