|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chief of Scouts- Chapter 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Hugh Glass experience, Jim Bridger started to look out for other men. What nickname did he earn because of that?
(a) Constant Bridger.
(b) Jimmy Sure.
(c) Lookout Point.
(d) Old Gabe.
2. How much was the fur harvest with that Captain William Sublette headed back to St. Louis with?
3. After 1850, how many herds of buffalo were there?
4. In Chapter 26, who said he was "sure a single company of regulars could whip a thousand Indians"?
(a) William J. Fetterman.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Phil Kearney.
(d) Mark Twain.
5. What tribe was named, "Big Bellies"?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Atsena.
(d) The Blackfeet.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
2. How much did Jim Bridger make per day working as a guide for the Army of Utah?
3. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
4. What had Mrs. Bridger lost in Chapter 16, that one of the groups of travelers had given her?
5. In Chapter 4, Joshua Pilcher was appointed sub agent for the campaign and was enabled to bring how many Sioux warriors into the fight?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)