|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Trader- Chapter 16,17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim carried a small horn vial on his belt filled with what?
(b) Gun powder.
2. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) St. Louis.
3. As a result of the tragedy of murder and Jim Bridger's daughter being taken away, it was clear that the mountains were no place for what?
(a) Civilized people.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Dogs and cows.
4. What was the name of Joseph Meek's daughter?
5. When the rest of the men came in after Joseph Meek, what did Jim Bridger fix for them to eat?
(a) Buffalo skins.
(b) Corn husks.
(c) Cowboy pie.
(d) Hot meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
2. The trail Jim Bridger proposed would later be the route of the Overland Stage, the Union Pacific Railroad, and what else?
3. Who did the Indians say "talked sense and told the truth"?
4. What kind of animal's udder did Jim Bridger use to feed his new baby girl?
5. Where did a trapper or hunter have to deposit what he brought in?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)