|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Trader- Chapter 16,17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the original owner of the American Fur Company?
(a) Joseph Meek.
(b) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(c) John Jacob Astor.
(d) Jim Bridger.
2. A man lucky enough to kill a grizzly proudly wore its claws as what?
(a) A belt.
(b) A saddle decoration.
(c) A hair piece.
(d) A necklace.
3. In Chapter 5, who was called an "ornery skunk"?
4. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how much were the beaver pelts worth that were taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
2. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
3. In the opening of Chapter 16, where was Brigham Young's caravan headed?
4. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
5. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)