|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Trader- Chapter 16,17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joseph Meek call his wife?
(a) Gentle Rabbit.
(b) Honey Bear.
(c) Soothing Foal.
(d) Mountain Lamb.
2. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
(a) Live in the country.
(b) Find the Indians.
(c) Teach new trappers the trade.
(d) Guide a horse through danger.
3. What was the first name of General William Henry Harrison's son?
4. What kind of work did the Crow Indians make Joseph Meek do for them?
(d) Wash the horses.
5. When Bridger's wife died during childbirth, she left him with a daughter named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Crow chief came into Bridger's camp and requested peace, what tribe did he name as being the one he needed help in fighting against?
2. How many Crow warriors did Meek count?
3. Jim Bridger was a born what?
4. What happened to the men from Sublette's brigade that headed out ahead of the group?
5. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)