|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Trader- Chapter 16,17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bridger went to shake the chief's hand in Chapter 8, the chief pushed the muzzle of the gun down and Bridger fired automatically. Where did the the charge explode?
(a) Between Bridger's feet.
(b) Between a warrior's feet.
(c) Between the chief's feet.
(d) Between Fitzpatrick's feet.
2. When Bridger left Fort Leramie, he rode back to Fort Bridger where he married a woman from what tribe?
3. What was Meek's answer when the Crow chief asked him how many men Bridger had?
(d) One hundred.
4. In Chapter 9, what tribe did Bridger have to buy more horses from?
(c) Nez Perces.
5. What was located in the corner of Mrs. Bridger's room?
(a) A churn.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A drying rack.
(d) A baby bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
2. Washington Irving wrote about Sublette's brigade on the march. What does Washington write about Sublette's arm?
3. Hugh Glass was a hunter from where?
4. When Jim Bridger opened his gate after hearing someone knock, which of his friends was there?
5. What did the Crow chief tell Joseph Meek he needed to do in order to live?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)