|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chief of Scouts- Chapter 22,23, and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
(a) That he could hire the people he wanted.
(b) That he would have to depend on himself.
(c) That he must be a master at his trade.
(d) That it would be less expensive.
2. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
(a) Captain Palmer.
(b) A.J. Shotwell.
(c) Tom Fitzpatrick.
(d) Kit Carson.
3. Pierre's Hole was home to what tribe that is described as the most implacable of tribes?
4. The summer of 1842, Bourdeaux was in charge at Fort Laramie with how many clerks?
5. General Connor told Jim Bridger that his three columns were to meet at the mouth of what river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of Connor's column that was headed northwest from the Lower Platte?
2. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
3. What tribe did the scouts come from that Captain Frank North had in his battalion?
4. Jim was able to have wages left over to buy blankets for what reason?
5. What was a booshway?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)