|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chief of Scouts- Chapter 22,23, and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Parkman's words, the poles that were used to erect the lodges were carried by what?
(d) Women and children.
2. What was the name of Bordeaux's squaw?
3. How many days did the Donner party stop at Fort Bridger?
4. What was the name of Jim Bridger's son that was a veteran of the Civil War?
5. What did being a free trapper mean for Jim?
(a) That he would have to depend on himself.
(b) That he could hire the people he wanted.
(c) That it would be less expensive.
(d) That he must be a master at his trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim Bridger love better than people?
2. In Chapter 6, the air was described to be like what?
3. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
4. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
5. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)