|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chief of Scouts- Chapter 22,23, and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
2. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
(a) January 25th.
(b) January 11th.
(c) January 20th.
(d) January 15th.
3. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) Good Follower.
(b) Guiding One.
(c) True Teacher.
(d) Blanket Chief.
4. How old was Jim Bridger's daughter when he sent her to the Whitman Mission School?
(a) Going on ten.
(b) Going on seven.
(c) Going on nine.
(d) Going on eight.
5. Which of the older trappers was a more dashing Indian fighter?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Hugh Glass.
(c) Jed Smith.
(d) Bill Sublette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Bridger had to know more than just the layout of the country; he had to know how to do what?
2. Some of the older trappers had advantages over Jim. Who was a better businessman than Jim?
3. What did the emigrants call the trappers and traders?
4. General Connor ordered his men to kill any male over the age of what?
5. In what year was the trappers rendezvous to be held in Pierre's Hole?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)