|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chief of Scouts- Chapter 22,23, and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the paper where almost a whole page was dedicated to Jim Bridger?
(a) Frontier Sun.
(b) Missouri Journal.
(c) Buffalo Post.
(d) Kearney Herald.
2. What was Jim Bridger's daughters name who he sent to Whitman Mission School?
(b) Mary Ann.
3. Jim Bridger decided to build Fort Bridger among his friends from what tribe?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Snakes.
(c) The Blackfeet.
(d) The Crow.
4. What did the name Casapy mean that the Crow Indians had given to Bridger?
(a) Blanket Chief.
(b) Guiding One.
(c) True Teacher.
(d) Good Follower.
5. When the Blackfeet attacked the Americans in Chapter 6, how many horses did they take?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the Army pay Jim Bridger per day to be the Chief of Scouts?
2. Who described Jim Bridger as having the eyes of an eagle in Chapter 22?
3. How long was the dog-run or tunnel in Fort Laramie?
4. What would gnaw on the saddles and harnesses that the greenhorns left out at night?
5. On what day of the year was Jim Bridger enrolled as Chief Guide at Fort Kearney?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)