|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
2. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
3. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
4. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
5. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a slave, Ithamore, has been used throughout the play. Document each event of how Ithamore's life has been manipulated. Choose two of those events and explain the motivations and outcomes of those events. How did the events affect Ithamore and those other characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the point of view of the Spanish in Act 1, Scene 2 and answer these questions.
1. Why should it be Spain's responsibility to protect Malta?
2. How are the self-interests of Spain satisfied by protecting Malta?
3. How would Spain generally benefit from defeating the Turks?
Essay Topic 3
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)