|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas get free?
2. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
3. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
4. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
5. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
Essay Topic 2
Ferenze demands half the money of all the Jews and their conversion to Catholicism. Explain the reasons Ferneze made this demand of the Jews in particular and the reasons the Jews comply.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Abigail's agreement to lie for her father will begin her corruption? Why or why not? Support your answer from the text of the play.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)