|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
2. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
3. To whom does the bashaw speak?
4. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
5. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 5, Scene 1 displays ultimate self-interest and revenge by all involved. With regard to these two elements write an essay about three of these five characters:
4. Pilia-Borza and Bellamira (as a couple).
Essay Topic 2
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 3
In this play, Barabas's character is representative of Catholic's feelings towards and stereotyping of Judaism in Malta. Write an essay stating the Maltese Catholic's general attitude towards Jews using specific examples from the play to support your generalizations.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)