|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
2. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
3. Why is Ferneze chastised?
4. What does the Abbess do as a result of the delivery to the nunnery?
5. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Abigail's agreement to lie for her father will begin her corruption? Why or why not? Support your answer from the text of the play.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 2, Scene 3, Barabas is manipulating the lives of Mathias, Lodowick, and Abigail for his own reasons. Explain his motivations considering the three characters and how Barabas's desired outcomes resolve his conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Support three reasons why Abigail agrees to lie and enter the convent to retrieve her father's gold.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)