|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
2. What would happen if Ithamore told who killed the nuns?
3. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
4. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
5. What two sins does Barabas admit to the friars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 5, Scene 1 displays ultimate self-interest and revenge by all involved. With regard to these two elements write an essay about three of these five characters:
4. Pilia-Borza and Bellamira (as a couple).
Essay Topic 2
Barabas states he would rather be dead than poor. What words or actions of Barabas support his statement?
Essay Topic 3
This play demonstrates the strife of religious differences, yet often these differences are overlooked to further a plan for wealth or power. Chose three instances in the play where religious differences are overlooked by the participants of a plot. Consider these points when writing:
1. The religions of those agreeing to plot together.
2. Former statements or actions used by individual plotters against the religion of those he is plotting with.
3. The individual motives that overcame a difference of religion that resulted in unexpected cooperation.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)