|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
2. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
3. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
4. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
5. Why does Calymath finally agree to accept the invitation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ferenze demands half the money of all the Jews and their conversion to Catholicism. Explain the reasons Ferneze made this demand of the Jews in particular and the reasons the Jews comply.
Essay Topic 2
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail three specific areas of life over which Ithamore has no control. What would be Ithamore's be attitude towards each of these three areas? Should Ithamore take action in any of these three areas?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)