|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
2. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
3. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
4. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
5. How does Barabas get free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has been revealed about the characters of the friars? Consider these points when writing.
1. Their actions--either selfish or charitable.
2. Their motives--either selfish or charitable.
3. Their speech--accompanied or unaccompanied by actions.
Essay Topic 2
Ferneze agrees to relinquish control of Malta to the Spanish. From Ferneze's words, actions, or direct implications in the play, how does he justify this decision?
Essay Topic 3
Barabas states he would rather be dead than poor. What words or actions of Barabas support his statement?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)