Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals the death of the nuns?
2. Why is Ferneze chastised?
3. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
4. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
Essay Topic 1
Abigail abhors her father's murders but does not immediately betray him. Speculate three reasons why she remains silent. Support your reasons with logical thinking that is compatible with Abigail's character.
Essay Topic 2
Intricate planning has been a theme in this play. Choose three plans from any scene (only one of Barabas's plans) and tell how they were necessary to advance the story. Consider these points when writing:
1. The roles of the characters involved.
2. The previous action that invoked the plan.
3. How the plan's outcome advanced the story.
Essay Topic 3
In Act 2, Scene 3, Barabas is manipulating the lives of Mathias, Lodowick, and Abigail for his own reasons. Explain his motivations considering the three characters and how Barabas's desired outcomes resolve his conflict.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)