|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
2. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
3. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
4. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
5. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 2
Intricate planning has been a theme in this play. Choose three plans from any scene (only one of Barabas's plans) and tell how they were necessary to advance the story. Consider these points when writing:
1. The roles of the characters involved.
2. The previous action that invoked the plan.
3. How the plan's outcome advanced the story.
Essay Topic 3
Abigail knew of her father's avarice and murderous nature. Write an essay about whether or not Abigail should have revealed Barabas's murders immediately and the consequences if she had. Why did Marlowe have Abigail keep silent until just before she dies?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)