|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
2. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
3. What two sins does Barabas admit to the friars?
4. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
5. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Intricate planning has been a theme in this play. Choose three plans from any scene (only one of Barabas's plans) and tell how they were necessary to advance the story. Consider these points when writing:
1. The roles of the characters involved.
2. The previous action that invoked the plan.
3. How the plan's outcome advanced the story.
Essay Topic 2
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail three specific areas of life over which Ithamore has no control. What would be Ithamore's be attitude towards each of these three areas? Should Ithamore take action in any of these three areas?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)