|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if Ithamore told who killed the nuns?
2. What happens after the bashaw leaves?
3. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
4. How does the messenger reply to Calymath's reply to the invitation?
5. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abigail abhors her father's murders but does not immediately betray him. Speculate three reasons why she remains silent. Support your reasons with logical thinking that is compatible with Abigail's character.
Essay Topic 2
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 3
In this play, Barabas's character is representative of Catholic's feelings towards and stereotyping of Judaism in Malta. Write an essay stating the Maltese Catholic's general attitude towards Jews using specific examples from the play to support your generalizations.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)