|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
2. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
3. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
4. What signals the death of the nuns?
5. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the story, what are Barabas's attitudes about wealth when he considers
2. Other people.
3. Material possessions.
Essay Topic 2
Ferneze agrees to relinquish control of Malta to the Spanish. From Ferneze's words, actions, or direct implications in the play, how does he justify this decision?
Essay Topic 3
Abigail abhors her father's murders but does not immediately betray him. Speculate three reasons why she remains silent. Support your reasons with logical thinking that is compatible with Abigail's character.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)