|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chastises Ferneze?
2. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
3. What is a knight?
4. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
5. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 2
Act 5, Scene 1 displays ultimate self-interest and revenge by all involved. With regard to these two elements write an essay about three of these five characters:
4. Pilia-Borza and Bellamira (as a couple).
Essay Topic 3
What has been revealed about the characters of the friars? Consider these points when writing.
1. Their actions--either selfish or charitable.
2. Their motives--either selfish or charitable.
3. Their speech--accompanied or unaccompanied by actions.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)