|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a knight?
2. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
3. How does Barabas get free?
4. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
5. What does Calymath tell the messenger who brings the invitation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the point of view of the Spanish in Act 1, Scene 2 and answer these questions.
1. Why should it be Spain's responsibility to protect Malta?
2. How are the self-interests of Spain satisfied by protecting Malta?
3. How would Spain generally benefit from defeating the Turks?
Essay Topic 2
As a slave, Ithamore, has been used throughout the play. Document each event of how Ithamore's life has been manipulated. Choose two of those events and explain the motivations and outcomes of those events. How did the events affect Ithamore and those other characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Act 5, Scene 1 displays ultimate self-interest and revenge by all involved. With regard to these two elements write an essay about three of these five characters:
4. Pilia-Borza and Bellamira (as a couple).
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)