Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals the death of the nuns?
2. Why is Ferneze chastised?
3. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
4. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
Ferneze agrees to relinquish control of Malta to the Spanish. From Ferneze's words, actions, or direct implications in the play, how does he justify this decision?
This play demonstrates the strife of religious differences, yet often these differences are overlooked to further a plan for wealth or power. Chose three instances in the play where religious differences are overlooked by the participants of a plot. Consider these points when writing:
1. The religions of those agreeing to plot together.
2. Former statements or actions used by individual plotters against the religion of those he is plotting with.
3. The individual motives that overcame a difference of religion that resulted in unexpected cooperation.
What does Barabas's decision to kill Abigail and the nuns reveal about Barabas's character and his feelings towards his daughter? Since Ithamore must obey his master, does his subsequent reaction to the poisoning reveal anything about him? What conclusions can you draw considering their attitudes and actions?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)