Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals the death of the nuns?
2. Why is Ferneze chastised?
3. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
4. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
Essay Topic 1
What has been revealed about the characters of the friars? Consider these points when writing.
1. Their actions--either selfish or charitable.
2. Their motives--either selfish or charitable.
3. Their speech--accompanied or unaccompanied by actions.
Essay Topic 2
This play demonstrates the strife of religious differences, yet often these differences are overlooked to further a plan for wealth or power. Chose three instances in the play where religious differences are overlooked by the participants of a plot. Consider these points when writing:
1. The religions of those agreeing to plot together.
2. Former statements or actions used by individual plotters against the religion of those he is plotting with.
3. The individual motives that overcame a difference of religion that resulted in unexpected cooperation.
Essay Topic 3
As a slave, Ithamore, has been used throughout the play. Document each event of how Ithamore's life has been manipulated. Choose two of those events and explain the motivations and outcomes of those events. How did the events affect Ithamore and those other characters involved?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)