|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
2. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
3. What does the bashaw demand?
4. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
5. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
Essay Topic 2
Support three reasons why Abigail agrees to lie and enter the convent to retrieve her father's gold.
Essay Topic 3
In Act 2, Scene 3, Barabas is manipulating the lives of Mathias, Lodowick, and Abigail for his own reasons. Explain his motivations considering the three characters and how Barabas's desired outcomes resolve his conflict.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)