|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
2. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
3. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
4. What does Pilia-Borza bring Barabas at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
5. To whom does the bashaw speak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
Essay Topic 2
Abigail knew of her father's avarice and murderous nature. Write an essay about whether or not Abigail should have revealed Barabas's murders immediately and the consequences if she had. Why did Marlowe have Abigail keep silent until just before she dies?
Essay Topic 3
Support three reasons why Abigail agrees to lie and enter the convent to retrieve her father's gold.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)