|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
2. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
4. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
5. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has been revealed about the characters of the friars? Consider these points when writing.
1. Their actions--either selfish or charitable.
2. Their motives--either selfish or charitable.
3. Their speech--accompanied or unaccompanied by actions.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail three specific areas of life over which Ithamore has no control. What would be Ithamore's be attitude towards each of these three areas? Should Ithamore take action in any of these three areas?
Essay Topic 3
In this play, Barabas's character is representative of Catholic's feelings towards and stereotyping of Judaism in Malta. Write an essay stating the Maltese Catholic's general attitude towards Jews using specific examples from the play to support your generalizations.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)