|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
2. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
3. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
4. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
5. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
Essay Topic 2
Abigail abhors her father's murders but does not immediately betray him. Speculate three reasons why she remains silent. Support your reasons with logical thinking that is compatible with Abigail's character.
Essay Topic 3
After helping the Turks conquer Malta, Barabas doesn't really want the governorship they have given him. Write an essay supporting three different reasons why Barabas feels this way.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)