|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calymath tell the messenger who brings the invitation?
2. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
3. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
4. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
5. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
Essay Topic 2
This play demonstrates the strife of religious differences, yet often these differences are overlooked to further a plan for wealth or power. Chose three instances in the play where religious differences are overlooked by the participants of a plot. Consider these points when writing:
1. The religions of those agreeing to plot together.
2. Former statements or actions used by individual plotters against the religion of those he is plotting with.
3. The individual motives that overcame a difference of religion that resulted in unexpected cooperation.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the story, what are Barabas's attitudes about wealth when he considers
2. Other people.
3. Material possessions.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)