|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals the death of the nuns?
2. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
3. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
4. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
5. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a slave, Ithamore, has been used throughout the play. Document each event of how Ithamore's life has been manipulated. Choose two of those events and explain the motivations and outcomes of those events. How did the events affect Ithamore and those other characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
This play demonstrates the strife of religious differences, yet often these differences are overlooked to further a plan for wealth or power. Chose three instances in the play where religious differences are overlooked by the participants of a plot. Consider these points when writing:
1. The religions of those agreeing to plot together.
2. Former statements or actions used by individual plotters against the religion of those he is plotting with.
3. The individual motives that overcame a difference of religion that resulted in unexpected cooperation.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)