|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
2. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
3. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
4. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
5. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 1
As a slave, Ithamore, has been used throughout the play. Document each event of how Ithamore's life has been manipulated. Choose two of those events and explain the motivations and outcomes of those events. How did the events affect Ithamore and those other characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Abigail knew of her father's avarice and murderous nature. Write an essay about whether or not Abigail should have revealed Barabas's murders immediately and the consequences if she had. Why did Marlowe have Abigail keep silent until just before she dies?
Essay Topic 3
Ferneze agrees to relinquish control of Malta to the Spanish. From Ferneze's words, actions, or direct implications in the play, how does he justify this decision?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)