|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
2. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
3. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
4. Where does Abigail send Ithamore after he's explained what happened because of the letters?
5. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabas object to Lodowick as a suitor for Abigail?
2. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, identify and give examples of Barabas's most outstanding characteristic.
4. Why does Calymath ignore the possibility that the feast may be a trap?
5. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
6. After becoming the new governor, what deal does Barabas make with Ferneze?
7. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
8. What does it say about Barabas that Pilia-Borza found his gold?
9. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's personal life?
10. How does Barabas get rid of Mathias and Lodowick?
Essay Topic 1
Act 5, Scene 1 displays ultimate self-interest and revenge by all involved. With regard to these two elements write an essay about three of these five characters:
4. Pilia-Borza and Bellamira (as a couple).
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail three specific areas of life over which Ithamore has no control. What would be Ithamore's be attitude towards each of these three areas? Should Ithamore take action in any of these three areas?
Essay Topic 3
Abigail abhors her father's murders but does not immediately betray him. Speculate three reasons why she remains silent. Support your reasons with logical thinking that is compatible with Abigail's character.
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)