|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas take on his way to get his gold?
2. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
3. Who has the Spanish armada been fighting?
4. What does Barabas think of Catholicism?
5. What does his slave tell Barabas about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abigail say to Friar Bernardine?
2. What does it say about Barabas that Pilia-Borza found his gold?
3. How does Barabas get rid of Mathias and Lodowick?
4. If you were Ferneze, would you have told Del Bosca about Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
5. How does Barabas react to Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore's blackmail?
6. Why is Bellamira broke?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, identify and give examples of Barabas's most outstanding characteristic.
8. How does Barabas die?
9. Why does Barabas lose his money and his home?
10. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
Essay Topic 2
Ferenze demands half the money of all the Jews and their conversion to Catholicism. Explain the reasons Ferneze made this demand of the Jews in particular and the reasons the Jews comply.
Essay Topic 3
Support three reasons why Abigail agrees to lie and enter the convent to retrieve her father's gold.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)