|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the governor confide to the vice-admiral?
2. How does the governor betray Malta?
3. What two systems were partnered in Marlowe's time?
4. Why does the Spanish armada come to Malta?
5. Who secretly watches the duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Abigail agrees to obey Barabas's instructions and deceive the nuns?
2. How does Barabas enlist his daughter Abigail to help retrieve his hidden gold?
3. Every nun at the nunnery died. How are some ways one might have lived?
4. When Barabas first appears in the play, how does he feel about politics?
5. What does Barabas calling Abigail his star shining in the east imply?
6. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
7. Why is Ferneze happy to learn that the Spanish navy has fought with and weakened the Turkish ships?
8. Why is Friar Jacomo accused of killing Friar Bernardine?
9. What do Machevill and Barabas have in common?
10. Why does Calymath ignore the possibility that the feast may be a trap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the story, what are Barabas's attitudes about wealth when he considers
2. Other people.
3. Material possessions.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ferneze go to the Jews and not another source or sources to get the tribute money demanded by the Turks?
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail three specific areas of life over which Ithamore has no control. What would be Ithamore's be attitude towards each of these three areas? Should Ithamore take action in any of these three areas?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)