Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
2. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
3. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
4. Where does Abigail send Ithamore after he's explained what happened because of the letters?
5. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabas object to Lodowick as a suitor for Abigail?
2. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, identify and give examples of Barabas's most outstanding characteristic.
4. Why does Calymath ignore the possibility that the feast may be a trap?
5. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
6. After becoming the new governor, what deal does Barabas make with Ferneze?
7. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
8. What does it say about Barabas that Pilia-Borza found his gold?
9. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's personal life?
10. How does Barabas get rid of Mathias and Lodowick?
Ferneze agrees to relinquish control of Malta to the Spanish. From Ferneze's words, actions, or direct implications in the play, how does he justify this decision?
Support three reasons why Abigail agrees to lie and enter the convent to retrieve her father's gold.
Barabas states he would rather be dead than poor. What words or actions of Barabas support his statement?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)