|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bashaw?
(a) A Turkish messenger.
(b) A Turkish slave.
(c) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(d) A high ranking Turkish military man.
2. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
(a) Friar Jacomo.
(c) The Abbess.
3. What does Pilia-Borza bring Barabas at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A poisoned flower.
(b) A warning to flee.
(c) A second letter demanding more money.
(d) A false message to get him out of the house.
4. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
(a) Because they get a bonus for new converts.
(b) Because they promised Abigail.
(c) Because the church will get all his money.
(d) Because they believe he is truly repentant.
5. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
(a) Places Barabas and Ithamore under house arrest.
(b) Sends Barabas and Ithamore to prison.
(c) Arranges for Barabas and Ithamore to be executed.
(d) Locks Barabas and Ithamore in the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
3. What would happen if Ithamore told who killed the nuns?
4. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
5. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)