|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
(a) Calculate the taxes he is owed.
(b) Eat a fancy meal.
(c) Tell his men to get ready to sail.
(d) Decide where he is going to live.
2. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
(a) That he convert to Catholicism.
(b) That he would love her again.
(c) That he give his money to the church.
(d) That he pay for his crimes.
3. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(a) Martin del Bosco.
4. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
(a) Because they believe he is truly repentant.
(b) Because they get a bonus for new converts.
(c) Because the church will get all his money.
(d) Because they promised Abigail.
5. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
(b) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
(c) That he should return for more gold later.
(d) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabas tell the friars he wants to convert?
2. Why does Calymath finally agree to accept the invitation?
3. What are the fighters to listen for?
4. What signals the death of the nuns?
5. When referring to the results of the delivery to the nunnery, what does the friar suggest?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)