|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
(a) To blackmail Barabas.
(b) To kill Barabas.
(c) To steal his gold.
(d) To report Barabas's crimes to the authorities.
2. What are the fighters to listen for?
(a) The sound of a cannon.
(b) The sound of a trumpet.
(c) The sound of a bell.
(d) The sound of shouting.
3. What is a bashaw?
(a) A Turkish slave.
(b) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(c) A Turkish messenger.
(d) A high ranking Turkish military man.
4. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
(a) He explains how he will be a good governor.
(b) He describes the poison he'll use to kill Calymath.
(c) He explains his trap to kill Calymath.
(d) He says he is worried that his trap will fail.
5. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
(a) It's time to gather the fighters.
(b) It's time to fight.
(c) It's time to retreat.
(d) It's time to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
2. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
3. Who chastises Ferneze?
4. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
5. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)