|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
(a) He makes a toast to their victory.
(b) He writes out the details of the plan.
(c) He hides until the plan is executed.
(d) He sends them away.
2. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That her father wants to convert.
(b) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
(d) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
3. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
(a) Barabas won't miss a little gold.
(b) Pilia-Borza threatens to kill him.
(c) Pilia-Borza is armed and dangerous.
(d) Barabas owes him the money.
4. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
(a) Barabas will prepare a poison for Calymath and his men.
(b) The audience doesn't know any specifics of the plans.
(c) The friars will burn the monastery with Calymath's men inside.
(d) Martin del Bosco will pretend to join Calymath.
5. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
(a) That the Spanish would rather die fighting the Turks than surrender.
(b) The Maltese would rather burn the island and flee than pay the gold.
(c) The Maltese would rather burn and destroy the island than give it intact to the bashaw.
(d) That Ferneze would never be given to the Turks to be executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When referring to the results of the delivery to the nunnery, what does the friar suggest?
2. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
3. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
4. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
5. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)