|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
(a) A flower.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A blackmail note.
(d) A piece of gold.
2. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
(a) Barabas will prepare a poison for Calymath and his men.
(b) The friars will burn the monastery with Calymath's men inside.
(c) Martin del Bosco will pretend to join Calymath.
(d) The audience doesn't know any specifics of the plans.
3. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(b) Friar Jacomo.
(d) The Abbess.
4. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
(a) The Maltese would rather burn the island and flee than pay the gold.
(b) That Ferneze would never be given to the Turks to be executed.
(c) The Maltese would rather burn and destroy the island than give it intact to the bashaw.
(d) That the Spanish would rather die fighting the Turks than surrender.
5. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
(a) It's time to fight.
(b) It's time to hide.
(c) It's time to gather the fighters.
(d) It's time to retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a bashaw?
2. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
3. What are the fighters to listen for?
4. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
5. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)