|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) His knights and Martin del Bosco.
(b) Calymath and his men.
(c) The friars and Maltese officials.
(d) Barabas and the merchants.
2. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
(a) That he give his money to the church.
(b) That he convert to Catholicism.
(c) That he pay for his crimes.
(d) That he would love her again.
3. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
(a) Deny their blackmail scheme to Ferneze.
(b) Reveal to Ferneze the place where Barabas keeps his gold.
(c) Confess their sins to Ferneze.
(d) Tell Ferneze the Barabas is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
4. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
(a) A false message to get him out of the house.
(b) A poisoned flower.
(c) A blackmail letter.
(d) A warning to flee.
5. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
(a) That the Maltese people will rebell.
(b) That his father will be disappointed in him.
(c) That he will never collect the tribute.
(d) That the feast may be a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the bashaw leaves?
2. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
3. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
4. What signals the death of the nuns?
5. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)