|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
(a) That Barabas has a trap for him.
(b) That he is looking forward to the feast.
(c) That no one will try to harm him.
(d) That he is glad Calymath conquered Malta.
2. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
(a) Friar Jacomo.
(b) The Abbess.
3. What does the bashaw demand?
(a) The surrender of Malta.
(b) The execution of Ferneze.
(c) The surrender of the Spanish ships.
(d) The gold tribute.
4. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
(a) A warning to flee.
(b) A poisoned flower.
(c) A blackmail letter.
(d) A false message to get him out of the house.
5. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
(a) Secured in a secret room.
(b) Buried in the ground.
(c) Sunk in a chest on the seashore.
(d) Hidden under some floorboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
2. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
3. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
4. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
5. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)