|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
(a) Locks Barabas and Ithamore in the monastery.
(b) Sends Barabas and Ithamore to prison.
(c) Arranges for Barabas and Ithamore to be executed.
(d) Places Barabas and Ithamore under house arrest.
2. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
(a) With a poisoned flower.
(b) With poisoned porridge.
(c) With a club.
(d) With a knife.
3. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
(a) He is killed by Calymath.
(b) He is disappointed because the trap doesn't work.
(c) He falls into the trap and dies.
(d) He is killed by Ferneze.
4. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
(a) That his father will be disappointed in him.
(b) That the Maltese people will rebell.
(c) That the feast may be a trap.
(d) That he will never collect the tribute.
5. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
(a) He imprisons Calymath.
(b) He lets Calymath and his men sail away.
(c) He kills Calymath.
(d) He holds Calymath and demands ransom from Calymath's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
2. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
3. How does the messenger reply to Calymath's reply to the invitation?
4. What are the fighters to listen for?
5. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)