|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
(a) A piece of gold.
(b) A flower.
(c) A blackmail note.
(d) A love letter.
2. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
(b) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
(c) That he should return for more gold later.
(d) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
3. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(b) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
4. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
(a) He is killed by Ferneze.
(b) He falls into the trap and dies.
(c) He is disappointed because the trap doesn't work.
(d) He is killed by Calymath.
5. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
(a) That he would love her again.
(b) That he pay for his crimes.
(c) That he give his money to the church.
(d) That he convert to Catholicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
2. Why does Barabas tell the friars he wants to convert?
3. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
4. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
5. What is a bashaw?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)