|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
(a) To tell the plan to every able bodied man.
(b) To say goodbye to their families.
(c) To get weapons for the fight.
(d) To have courage because the plan is foolproof.
2. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
(a) An invitation from Barabas for a feast.
(b) An invitation to the monastery.
(c) An invitation from a prostitute.
(d) An invitation to the nunnery.
3. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
(a) That his father will be disappointed in him.
(b) That he will never collect the tribute.
(c) That the feast may be a trap.
(d) That the Maltese people will rebell.
4. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
(a) That he is glad Calymath conquered Malta.
(b) That no one will try to harm him.
(c) That he is looking forward to the feast.
(d) That Barabas has a trap for him.
5. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
(a) The friars will burn the monastery with Calymath's men inside.
(b) The audience doesn't know any specifics of the plans.
(c) Barabas will prepare a poison for Calymath and his men.
(d) Martin del Bosco will pretend to join Calymath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
2. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
4. How does Barabas get free?
5. What is a bashaw?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)