|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the bashaw speak?
(b) The Spanish sailors.
(c) Ferneze and Del Bosco.
(d) The people of Malta.
2. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
(a) He hides until the plan is executed.
(b) He sends them away.
(c) He makes a toast to their victory.
(d) He writes out the details of the plan.
3. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
(a) Calculate the taxes he is owed.
(b) Eat a fancy meal.
(c) Tell his men to get ready to sail.
(d) Decide where he is going to live.
4. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
(b) That the young men killed each other over love.
(c) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
(d) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
5. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
(a) That he is looking forward to the feast.
(b) That he is glad Calymath conquered Malta.
(c) That no one will try to harm him.
(d) That Barabas has a trap for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
2. What two sins does Barabas admit to the friars?
3. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
4. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
5. What is a bashaw?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)