|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bashaw?
(a) A Turkish messenger.
(b) A high ranking Turkish military man.
(c) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(d) A Turkish slave.
2. How does the messenger reply to Calymath's reply to the invitation?
(a) That no one will harm him or his men.
(b) That he doesn't have to eat but only be present.
(c) That his men's feast is in the monastery.
(d) That the feast is not a trap.
3. What is a knight?
(a) A nobleman who fights for his country.
(b) A regular soldier with a special title.
(c) A soldier who has special duties.
(d) A soldier recruited from another country.
4. What will Calymath find at the feast?
(a) A group of Maltese officials.
(b) A group of thankful Maltese people.
(c) A platform that collapses into boiling water and sharp objects.
(d) A feast full of poisoned food.
5. Why does Calymath finally agree to accept the invitation?
(a) He decides that he could eat again.
(b) He decides that he was too powerful for anyone to harm him.
(c) He is promised a large pearl.
(d) He decides there really was no trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
2. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
3. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
4. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
5. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)