|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
(a) Calculate the taxes he is owed.
(b) Eat a fancy meal.
(c) Decide where he is going to live.
(d) Tell his men to get ready to sail.
2. What happens after the bashaw leaves?
(a) The Spanish ships prepare to leave.
(b) Ferneze directs his men to spread the word for battle.
(c) The Maltese begin destroying the city.
(d) Ferneze goes into hiding.
3. Why does Barabas tell the friars he wants to convert?
(a) Because as a Catholic he couldn't be executed.
(b) Because then they won't turn him in for his crimes.
(c) Because he is truly repentant.
(d) Because he wants to hide in the monastery.
4. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
(a) Because they believe he is truly repentant.
(b) Because the church will get all his money.
(c) Because they get a bonus for new converts.
(d) Because they promised Abigail.
5. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
(a) That the Turks are planning on killing Ferneze.
(b) That Barabas will donate his money to Malta.
(c) That Ferneze should collect money to be given to Barabas.
(d) That the Turks are planning on killing Barabas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
2. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
3. Why is Ferneze chastised?
4. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
5. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)