|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
(a) The Maltese would rather burn and destroy the island than give it intact to the bashaw.
(b) That the Spanish would rather die fighting the Turks than surrender.
(c) The Maltese would rather burn the island and flee than pay the gold.
(d) That Ferneze would never be given to the Turks to be executed.
2. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
(b) Martin del Bosco.
3. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
(a) That the authorities are suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
(b) That Barabas likes to poison his enemies.
(c) That Barabas is suspious of Ithamore.
(d) That Barabas is suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
4. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(a) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
5. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
(a) To kill Barabas.
(b) To blackmail Barabas.
(c) To steal his gold.
(d) To report Barabas's crimes to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
2. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
3. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
4. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
5. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)