|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
(a) Send for Barabas and Ithamore.
(b) Send for a shovel and cart.
(c) Send for soldiers.
(d) Send for the friar.
2. What is a bashaw?
(a) A Turkish slave.
(b) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(c) A Turkish messenger.
(d) A high ranking Turkish military man.
3. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) To trap and kill Calymath and the Turks.
(b) To trap and kill Martin del Bosca and the sailors.
(c) To steal all of Ferneze's money.
(d) To steal all the money from the Maltese counting house.
4. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(d) Martin del Bosco.
5. Why does Barabas tell the friars he wants to convert?
(a) Because then they won't turn him in for his crimes.
(b) Because as a Catholic he couldn't be executed.
(c) Because he wants to hide in the monastery.
(d) Because he is truly repentant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bashaw demand?
2. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
3. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
4. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
5. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)