|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
2. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
3. How does Barabas get his hidden money?
(a) Abigail hides the gold in a basket of dirty clothes being taken to the laundry.
(b) Abigail carries the gold our the front door.
(c) Abigail smuggles the gold out the back door.
(d) Abigail drops sacks of gold from a window.
4. Whom does Barabas warn his slave against trusting?
5. Which duelist is Katherine's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
2. What is required before the imports on a ship can be offloaded?
3. A star shining in the east announced Jesus' birth. By calling his accomplice a star shining in the east, what is implied about Barabas's gold?
4. How did Marlowe die?
5. Who is the governor of Malta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Machevill and Barabas have in common?
2. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
3. What does it say about Barabas that Pilia-Borza found his gold?
4. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's ability as a playwright?
5. What does Barabas calling Abigail his star shining in the east imply?
6. What does Ferneze tell the bashaw when he comes to collect the tribute?
7. Every nun at the nunnery died. How are some ways one might have lived?
8. How does Marlowe confuse Machevill and Machiavelli?
9. What might Mathias and Lodowick have done to prevent the duel?
10. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)