Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
2. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
3. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He warns Abigail.
(b) He warns the nuns.
(c) He returns to the house.
(d) He goes to get a drink.
4. Where does Abigail send Ithamore after he's explained what happened because of the letters?
(a) To find her father.
(b) To find Ferneze.
(c) To find the friars.
(d) To find Katherine.
5. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
(a) That the nuns will get up for prayers.
(b) That Barabas will not be below the window.
(c) That the gold will fall from the bags.
(d) That the bags will be too heavy to carry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
2. What does Barabas ask for in prayer when he goes to retrieve his hidden gold?
3. Whom does Barabas warn his slave against trusting?
4. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
5. Who refuses the Spanish visitor's request when he comes to Malta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabas object to Lodowick as a suitor for Abigail?
2. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, identify and give examples of Barabas's most outstanding characteristic.
4. Why does Calymath ignore the possibility that the feast may be a trap?
5. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
6. After becoming the new governor, what deal does Barabas make with Ferneze?
7. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
8. What does it say about Barabas that Pilia-Borza found his gold?
9. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's personal life?
10. How does Barabas get rid of Mathias and Lodowick?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)