|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ithamore say happened because of the letters?
(a) That Mathias and Lodowick killed each other.
(b) That Abigail is no longer betrothed.
(c) That neither Mathias nor Lodowick wants Abigail.
(d) That her father is dead.
2. What does Barabas say as he is ruining what Ithamore brings out?
(a) He invokes curses on those who'll be getting it.
(b) He remarks that revenge will be sweet.
(c) He prays those who get it will become ill.
(d) He promises Ithamore a reward for delivering it.
3. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will steal someone else's money.
(b) He will haunt the place after he dies.
(c) He will work hard and earn more money.
(d) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
4. What does the prostitute think about the man who is approaching?
(a) That he will arrest them.
(b) That he is attractive.
(c) That he will steal the bag.
(d) That he will be a customer.
5. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
2. What does Abigail ask the friar?
3. Who leaves the duel rejoicing?
4. What two systems were partnered in Marlowe's time?
5. How does Barabas react when he learns that Abigail has left his house for good?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Abigail agrees to obey Barabas's instructions and deceive the nuns?
2. What three religions are represented and who or what represents them in the first scene of Act 1?
3. Every nun at the nunnery died. How are some ways one might have lived?
4. What does Ithamore's reaction to the death of Mathias and Lodowick say about him?
5. Why does Calymath ignore the possibility that the feast may be a trap?
6. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
7. Why does Abigail decide to convert of Catholicism?
8. What is Martin del Bosco's motivation for offering help to Malta?
9. Do you believe Bellamira was interested in Ithamore as a customer or as a man?
10. What does it say about Barabas that Pilia-Borza found his gold?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)