|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
2. Which duelist is Katherine's son?
3. Who secretly watches the duel?
4. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) What will become of her father.
(b) About which religion God approves of.
(c) About where she'll go when she dies.
(d) What the nuns taught her.
5. What does Abigail tell Ithamore after he's brought the friar?
(a) Find her father.
(b) Go outside.
(d) Go to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ithamore do after he's delivered the letters?
2. What does his slave tell Barabas about himself?
3. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
4. What happens to the duelers?
5. What does Barabas's character represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ferneze happy to learn that the Spanish navy has fought with and weakened the Turkish ships?
2. How does Marlowe confuse Machevill and Machiavelli?
3. What is unusual about Ferneze and Katherine working together to discover who instigated the duel?
4. Why does Barabas object to Lodowick as a suitor for Abigail?
5. After becoming the new governor, what deal does Barabas make with Ferneze?
6. How does Barabas die?
7. Why do you think Abigail agrees to obey Barabas's instructions and deceive the nuns?
8. What does Barabas calling Abigail his star shining in the east imply?
9. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's ability as a playwright?
10. What does Abigail say to Friar Bernardine?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)