|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the governor invites the Spanish to stay?
(a) Malta will become a battle zone.
(b) Malta will be under Spanish rule.
(c) The governor will lose his job.
(d) The governor will be promoted.
2. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) About which religion God approves of.
(b) About where she'll go when she dies.
(c) What will become of her father.
(d) What the nuns taught her.
3. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
(a) A fly, unseen on the wall.
(b) An expert, stealing with ease.
(c) A star, shining in the east.
(d) A spy, deceiving his enemies.
4. What does Abigail ask the friar?
(a) If she will go to hell if she dies.
(b) If her sins are beyond repentance.
(c) If she can return to the nunnery.
(d) If she is worthy to convert.
5. Who does the governor ask for physical assistance against the Turks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
2. How does Barabas conduct his business?
3. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
4. What does the prostitute assume is in the bag?
5. What does Barabas plan for the nuns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ferneze tell Calymath of Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
2. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's personal life?
3. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
4. How does Barabas get the money hidden in the nunnery?
5. How does Barabas react to Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore's blackmail?
6. Do you think Barabas should trust Ithamore not to reveal Barabas's crimes?
7. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira decide after Ithamore tells them about Barabas's murders?
8. How does Barabas enlist his daughter Abigail to help retrieve his hidden gold?
9. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
10. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)