|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells her son he shouldn't speak to Jews?
2. What does the prostitute's male friend have when they first converse in the play?
(a) A bag of jewels.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A bag of documents.
(d) A bag of medicine.
3. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
(b) An expert thief.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A former accomplice.
4. Why does the governor agree to let the Spanish stay?
(a) He will be paid a large amount of money.
(b) He will become Malta's king.
(c) He will still be governor.
(d) He will be allowed to live.
5. What do the duelists' parents find?
(a) Bloody clothes.
(b) Two pistols.
(c) Their bodies.
(d) Injured sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a counting house?
2. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
3. What does the governor confide to the vice-admiral?
4. Whom does Barabas warn his slave against trusting?
5. What does Abigail think her father lacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferneze tell the bashaw when he comes to collect the tribute?
2. What do Barabas and Katherine have in common?
3. Why does Ferneze tell Calymath of Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
4. What is Martin del Bosco's motivation for offering help to Malta?
5. Why is Ferneze happy to learn that the Spanish navy has fought with and weakened the Turkish ships?
6. Why do you think Ithamore says he hopes Barabas will pay him for delivering the message?
7. After becoming the new governor, what deal does Barabas make with Ferneze?
8. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
9. How do you think Ithamore feels about delivering poisoned porridge to the nuns?
10. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)