|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor confide to the vice-admiral?
(a) That Malta resents the Spanish.
(b) That theTurks are threatening Malta.
(c) That the Spanish are unwelcome in Malta.
(d) That Malta has a large army.
2. When Abigail decides to remove herself permanently from her father's household, what does she leave for her father?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) Some flowers.
(c) Some money.
(d) A letter.
3. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a monastary.
(b) In a shop.
(c) In a palace.
(d) In a barroom.
4. What does Barabas plan for the nuns?
(a) To prove to them that Catholicism is false.
(b) To let them live their own lives.
(c) To accuse them of taking Abigail.
(d) To kill them.
5. What gets delivered to the nunnery?
(a) A meal that will kill those who eat it.
(b) A bag of money to take care of his daughter.
(c) A meal as an offering of peace.
(d) A letter asking Abigail to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the duelists' parents find?
2. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
3. What does Abigail realize about father when she learns about the duel?
4. How may years tribute do the Turks demand?
5. Why does Barabas think the Jews were ordered to meet at the senate house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marlowe confuse Machevill and Machiavelli?
2. Why does Ferneze tell Calymath of Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
3. What was the letter delivered to Ithamore?
4. Do you think Barabas will really pay taxes on the cargo from his ships?
5. What do Machevill and Barabas have in common?
6. What three religions are represented and who or what represents them in the first scene of Act 1?
7. Why is Bellamira broke?
8. Why do you thing Barabas would help the Turks conquer the island?
9. When Barabas first appears in the play, how does he feel about politics?
10. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)