|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Barabas concerned about losing his hidden money?
(a) Yes, he is worried it will be taken to fight the Turks.
(b) No, he plans to give it to help fight the Turks.
(c) Yes, because he has no secure place to hide it.
(d) No, because it is well hidden so others can't find it.
2. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He returns to the house.
(b) He warns the nuns.
(c) He goes to get a drink.
(d) He warns Abigail.
3. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
(a) He says he is insulted.
(b) He asks to recruit some Maltese soldiers.
(c) He says he and his ships will leave Malta.
(d) He suggests the Spanish protect Malta.
4. Why does Barabas think the Jews were ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) For the government to demand their money.
(b) For the government to confiscate their houses.
(c) For the government to imprison them.
(d) For the government to enlist their aid against the Turks.
5. What does Barabas decide once Abigail has left his house?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To convince her to return.
(c) To let her live her own life.
(d) To prove to her Catholicism is false.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
2. When Abigail decides to remove herself permanently from her father's household, what does she leave for her father?
3. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
4. What does Abigail ask the friar?
5. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abigail think of her father when she learns he is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
2. How does Barabas's reaction to Abigail's departure show his selfishness?
3. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
4. Why doesn't Abigail tell the friar the complete reason she wants to convert?
5. Why is Friar Jacomo accused of killing Friar Bernardine?
6. Do you think Barabas should trust Ithamore not to reveal Barabas's crimes?
7. Why do you thing Barabas would help the Turks conquer the island?
8. How does Barabas get the money hidden in the nunnery?
9. How does Barabas enlist his daughter Abigail to help retrieve his hidden gold?
10. Do you believe Barabas would really rather die than be poor?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)