|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabas's accomplice gain access to where the money is hidden?
(a) By crawling through a broken window.
(b) By lying to the people there.
(c) By knocking out the watchman.
(d) By simply walking in unattended.
2. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
(a) A friar.
3. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
(a) He suggests the Spanish protect Malta.
(b) He says he is insulted.
(c) He asks to recruit some Maltese soldiers.
(d) He says he and his ships will leave Malta.
4. Why may some exact words of Marlowe's plays seem familiar?
(a) Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(b) Shakespeare stole his exact wording.
(c) Both Shakespeare and Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(d) Marlowe stole Shakespeare's exact wording.
5. Who does the governor ask for physical assistance against the Turks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
2. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
3. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
4. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
5. Why does Mathias's mother not like Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abigail's reaction to her betrothal to Lodowick?
2. How does Barabas get rid of Mathias and Lodowick?
3. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's ability as a playwright?
4. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
5. After the Turks have conquered Malta, why would Ferneze think they could be defeated this time?
6. Why are Ferneze, some knights, and Del Bosco all meeting together as a united front?
7. Why do you think Ithamore says he hopes Barabas will pay him for delivering the message?
8. How does Barabas die?
9. Why do you thing Barabas would help the Turks conquer the island?
10. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)