|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person is amoral?
(a) One who acts without regard to moral precepts and rules.
(b) One who lives according to his own rules.
(c) One who tells everyone else what to do.
(d) One who asks advice for important decisions.
2. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
3. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
(a) A ghost.
(c) A former accomplice.
(d) An expert thief.
4. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
(a) He says he is insulted.
(b) He asks to recruit some Maltese soldiers.
(c) He suggests the Spanish protect Malta.
(d) He says he and his ships will leave Malta.
5. What does the prostitute think about the man who is approaching?
(a) That he will arrest them.
(b) That he is attractive.
(c) That he will steal the bag.
(d) That he will be a customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
2. Who does the governor ask for physical assistance against the Turks?
3. What will happen if the governor invites the Spanish to stay?
4. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
5. How old is Barabas's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Del Bosca suggest writing to his king, considering how long it would take for a reply?
2. After becoming the new governor, what deal does Barabas make with Ferneze?
3. Why is Bellamira broke?
4. How does Barabas get the money hidden in the nunnery?
5. Why does Ferneze tell Calymath of Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
6. How does Marlowe confuse Machevill and Machiavelli?
7. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
8. What does Abigail think of her father when she learns he is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
9. Why do you thing Barabas would help the Turks conquer the island?
10. What do Barabas and Katherine have in common?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)