|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Abigail ask Ithamore when he returns from delivering the letters?
(a) She asks why he's happy.
(b) She asks where he's been.
(c) She asks why he's late.
(d) She asks why he's drunk.
2. As a result of Abigail leaving his house, what does Barabas believe about her?
(a) That she's been forced to elope.
(b) That she is not worth bothering about.
(c) That she hates him and betrayed him.
(d) That she's been converted against her will.
3. What does his slave tell Barabas about himself?
(a) That he has hurt Muslims.
(b) That he has hurt Jews.
(c) That he has hurt Christians.
(d) That he has hurt atheists.
4. What does Abigail tell Ithamore after he's brought the friar?
(a) Find her father.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Go outside.
5. A star shining in the east announced Jesus' birth. By calling his accomplice a star shining in the east, what is implied about Barabas's gold?
(a) It is holy.
(b) It is divine.
(c) It is his god.
(d) It is his last hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
2. What does Barabas call his daughter when talking to Lodowick at the slave market?
3. What does Barabas decide once Abigail has left his house?
4. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
5. What do the duelists' parents find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
2. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira decide after Ithamore tells them about Barabas's murders?
3. What is Abigail's reaction to her betrothal to Lodowick?
4. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's personal life?
5. What was the letter delivered to Ithamore?
6. In Act 1, Scene 1, identify and give examples of Barabas's most outstanding characteristic.
7. Why are Ferneze, some knights, and Del Bosco all meeting together as a united front?
8. Why do you thing Barabas would help the Turks conquer the island?
9. What does Abigail think of her father when she learns he is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
10. After conquering Malta, what message does Calymath receive?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)