|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He warns the nuns.
(b) He goes to get a drink.
(c) He returns to the house.
(d) He warns Abigail.
2. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
(a) All Jews are being sold as slaves to the Turks and their possessions auctioned.
(b) All Jews must surrender half their money and convert to Catholicism.
(c) All Jews must enlist in the military to fight the Turks and house soldiers in their homes.
(d) All Jews have one week to pack personal items only and leave town.
3. Where is the man approaching the prostitute and her friend coming from?
(a) He had delivered two invitations.
(b) He had delivered two dueling pistols.
(c) He had delivered two boxes of food.
(d) He had delivered two forged challenges.
4. Where did the bag and its contents come from?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) Barabas's house.
(c) The monastery.
(d) The senate house.
5. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
(b) A friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Barabas's daughter?
2. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
3. What will happen if the governor invites the Spanish to stay?
4. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
5. What does the second merchant tell Barabas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ithamore says he hopes Barabas will pay him for delivering the message?
2. Do you believe Barabas would really rather die than be poor?
3. Do you think Barabas will really pay taxes on the cargo from his ships?
4. Every nun at the nunnery died. How are some ways one might have lived?
5. What is unusual about Ferneze and Katherine working together to discover who instigated the duel?
6. What does Abigail think of her father when she learns he is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
7. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
8. What how does Barabas react when the friars confront him about the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
9. Why does Barabas object to Lodowick as a suitor for Abigail?
10. Why does Ferneze tell Calymath of Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)