|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governor agree to let the Spanish stay?
(a) He will still be governor.
(b) He will be allowed to live.
(c) He will become Malta's king.
(d) He will be paid a large amount of money.
2. What does Abigail tell Ithamore after he's brought the friar?
(a) Go to bed.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Find her father.
3. When Ithamore returns home in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he tell Abigail he's been doing?
(a) Visiting a friend.
(b) Talking with the Spanish.
(c) Drinking in a tavern.
(d) Delivering letters for her father.
4. What does Barabas's character represent?
(a) Egotism and selfishness.
(b) Greed and stereotyped Catholicism.
(c) Greed and stereotyped Judaism.
(d) Hard work and perseverence.
5. Why does the approaching man pass by the prostitute?
(a) He was not interested in buying her services.
(b) He was late in returning home.
(c) He was worried the male friend might harm him.
(d) He had no money to buy her services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
2. What does Barabas say as he is ruining what Ithamore brings out?
3. Who does Barabas's daughter love?
4. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
5. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferneze suggest to Katherine that they do with the bodies of their sons?
2. What is unusual about Ferneze and Katherine working together to discover who instigated the duel?
3. Why does Barabas lose his money and his home?
4. Why does Katherine object to Mathias speaking to Barabas?
5. How does Marlowe confuse Machevill and Machiavelli?
6. If you were Ferneze, would you have told Del Bosca about Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
7. What do Barabas and Katherine have in common?
8. How does Barabas react to Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore's blackmail?
9. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
10. What does Abigail say to Friar Bernardine?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)