|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
2. Why aren't the prisoners captured by the Spanish allowed to be sold?
(a) For fear the Spanish would retaliate.
(b) For fear the Turks would retaliate.
(c) For fear their price would be too high.
(d) For fear that taxes would not be paid.
3. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
4. What religion is the slave Barabas buys?
5. What is the name of the prostitute?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
2. What does Abigail ask the friar?
3. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
4. What do the duelists' parents find?
5. What does Barabas use in his plan against the nuns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ferneze happy to learn that the Spanish navy has fought with and weakened the Turkish ships?
2. What do Barabas and Katherine have in common?
3. What is Abigail's reaction to her betrothal to Lodowick?
4. What does the prologue reveal about Marlowe's ability as a playwright?
5. How does Barabas get the money hidden in the nunnery?
6. Why do you think Del Bosca suggest writing to his king, considering how long it would take for a reply?
7. What does Abigail think of her father when she learns he is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
8. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira decide after Ithamore tells them about Barabas's murders?
9. What is unusual about Ferneze and Katherine working together to discover who instigated the duel?
10. Why do you think Ithamore says he hopes Barabas will pay him for delivering the message?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)