|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
2. What happens to the duelers?
(a) Both are slightly wounded.
(b) Both walk away unhurt.
(c) One dueler live and the other dies.
(d) Both are mortally wounded.
3. What does Ithamore do after he's delivered the letters?
(a) He returns to Barabas's house.
(b) He hires a prostitute.
(c) He visits a friend.
(d) He goes to a tavern to have a drink.
4. What gets delivered to the nunnery?
(a) A letter asking Abigail to return.
(b) A bag of money to take care of his daughter.
(c) A meal as an offering of peace.
(d) A meal that will kill those who eat it.
5. Where are the prices of the slaves displayed?
(a) On their backs.
(b) On their foreheads.
(c) On their right arms.
(d) On their chests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prostitute's male friend have when they first converse in the play?
2. What does Abigail realize about father when she learns about the duel?
3. What is a counting house?
4. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
5. What will happen if the governor invites the Spanish to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calymath ignore the possibility that the feast may be a trap?
2. How does Barabas escape prison?
3. What is unusual about Ferneze and Katherine working together to discover who instigated the duel?
4. Why do you think Ithamore says he hopes Barabas will pay him for delivering the message?
5. If you were Ferneze, would you have told Del Bosca about Barabas's plan to kill Calymath?
6. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira decide after Ithamore tells them about Barabas's murders?
7. How do you think Ithamore feels about delivering poisoned porridge to the nuns?
8. When Barabas first appears in the play, how does he feel about politics?
9. Why is Friar Jacomo accused of killing Friar Bernardine?
10. How does Barabas enlist his daughter Abigail to help retrieve his hidden gold?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)