|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute assume is in the bag?
2. Who tells her son he shouldn't speak to Jews?
3. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
4. Why does the approaching man pass by the prostitute?
(a) He was late in returning home.
(b) He was worried the male friend might harm him.
(c) He was not interested in buying her services.
(d) He had no money to buy her services.
5. What reason does Barabas give for Turks coming into the harbor?
(a) They are stopping to demand money.
(b) They are stopping to recruit more sailors.
(c) They are stopping to resupply.
(d) They are stopping for recreation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Barabas's gold hidden?
2. Where does Abigail appear to Barabas at the nunnery?
3. Why does Barabas prefer to be paid in gold rather than valuable goods?
4. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
5. What does Barabas call his daughter when talking to Lodowick at the slave market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabas calling Abigail his star shining in the east imply?
2. Why do you think Barabas watches the duel?
3. What three religions are represented and who or what represents them in the first scene of Act 1?
4. What is Abigail's reaction to her betrothal to Lodowick?
5. Why does Abigail decide to convert of Catholicism?
6. How does Barabas get the money hidden in the nunnery?
7. Why doesn't Abigail tell the friar the complete reason she wants to convert?
8. What does Ferneze do when Pilia-Borza and Bellamira reveal Barabas's murders and Ithamore's involvement?
9. How does Barabas react to Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore's blackmail?
10. How does Barabas's reaction to Abigail's departure show his selfishness?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)