|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose heart is broken over Barabas's daughter's decision to become a nun?
2. What is the name of the prostitute?
3. Who supervises the off-loading of the first ship?
(a) One of Barabas's merchants.
(b) No one.
(c) Two government officials.
4. What does Barabas say as he is ruining what Ithamore brings out?
(a) He invokes curses on those who'll be getting it.
(b) He remarks that revenge will be sweet.
(c) He prays those who get it will become ill.
(d) He promises Ithamore a reward for delivering it.
5. What does Barabas plan for the nuns?
(a) To accuse them of taking Abigail.
(b) To prove to them that Catholicism is false.
(c) To kill them.
(d) To let them live their own lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas's accomplice gain access to where the money is hidden?
2. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
3. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
4. What does the prostitute think about the man who is approaching?
5. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabas object to Mathias as a suitor for Abigail?
2. Why do you think Abigail agrees to obey Barabas's instructions and deceive the nuns?
3. How does Barabas escape prison?
4. What does Ithamore's reaction to the death of Mathias and Lodowick say about him?
5. Why is Friar Jacomo accused of killing Friar Bernardine?
6. What do Machevill and Barabas have in common?
7. What does Abigail say to Friar Bernardine?
8. What might Mathias and Lodowick have done to prevent the duel?
9. What does Barabas calling Abigail his star shining in the east imply?
10. What how does Barabas react when the friars confront him about the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)