|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chastises Ferneze?
(c) Tomas de Silva.
(d) Martin del Bosco.
2. What will Calymath find at the feast?
(a) A platform that collapses into boiling water and sharp objects.
(b) A feast full of poisoned food.
(c) A group of Maltese officials.
(d) A group of thankful Maltese people.
3. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
(a) That the Spanish would rather die fighting the Turks than surrender.
(b) The Maltese would rather burn the island and flee than pay the gold.
(c) The Maltese would rather burn and destroy the island than give it intact to the bashaw.
(d) That Ferneze would never be given to the Turks to be executed.
4. To whom does the bashaw speak?
(b) Ferneze and Del Bosco.
(c) The Spanish sailors.
(d) The people of Malta.
5. What is a knight?
(a) A soldier who has special duties.
(b) A nobleman who fights for his country.
(c) A regular soldier with a special title.
(d) A soldier recruited from another country.
6. When referring to the results of the delivery to the nunnery, what does the friar suggest?
(a) Get a doctor.
(b) Report the theft to the authorities.
(c) Get water from the well to put out the fire.
(d) Pray for Abigail.
7. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(c) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
8. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
9. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
(a) Calculate the taxes he is owed.
(b) Tell his men to get ready to sail.
(c) Eat a fancy meal.
(d) Decide where he is going to live.
10. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
(a) He falls into the trap and dies.
(b) He is killed by Ferneze.
(c) He is disappointed because the trap doesn't work.
(d) He is killed by Calymath.
11. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
(b) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
(c) That he should return for more gold later.
(d) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
12. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
(a) He sends them away.
(b) He hides until the plan is executed.
(c) He writes out the details of the plan.
(d) He makes a toast to their victory.
13. How does Barabas get free?
(a) He bribes his keeper.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He trades clothes and leaves looking like a friar.
(d) He fakes his own death.
14. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
(a) A flower.
(b) A piece of gold.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A blackmail note.
15. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Calymath and his men.
(b) The friars and Maltese officials.
(c) Barabas and the merchants.
(d) His knights and Martin del Bosco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
2. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
4. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
5. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)