|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
(a) That she will be forgiven.
(b) That he will contact Barabas about his conversion.
(c) That he will tell no one what Abigail revealed to him.
(d) That the church will gladly accept her money.
2. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
(a) That Ferneze should collect money to be given to Barabas.
(b) That Barabas will donate his money to Malta.
(c) That the Turks are planning on killing Ferneze.
(d) That the Turks are planning on killing Barabas.
3. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
(a) Send for soldiers.
(b) Send for the friar.
(c) Send for Barabas and Ithamore.
(d) Send for a shovel and cart.
4. What does Calymath tell the messenger who brings the invitation?
(a) That he has already eaten a large meal.
(b) That the citadel won't hold all his men.
(c) That he won't come because he believes the feast is a trap.
(d) That he will kill anyone who tries to harm him or his men.
5. Why does Barabas tell the friars he wants to convert?
(a) Because he is truly repentant.
(b) Because as a Catholic he couldn't be executed.
(c) Because he wants to hide in the monastery.
(d) Because then they won't turn him in for his crimes.
6. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 30,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 100,000 pounds.
7. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
(a) Hidden under some floorboards.
(b) Buried in the ground.
(c) Secured in a secret room.
(d) Sunk in a chest on the seashore.
8. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(a) Martin del Bosco.
9. Why is Ferneze chastised?
(a) He won't allow the Maltese to fight the Turks.
(b) He won't allow the Spanish fight the Turks.
(c) He kept the tribute money for himself.
(d) He won't pay the tribute money.
10. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
(b) That the young men killed each other over love.
(c) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(d) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
11. After the delivery, what is revealed inside the nunnery?
(a) A fire has been set.
(b) Abigail has changed her mind about converting.
(c) Nuns are dying.
(d) Gold has been stolen.
12. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
(b) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
(c) That he should return for more gold later.
(d) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
13. What does Pilia-Borza bring Barabas at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A false message to get him out of the house.
(b) A warning to flee.
(c) A poisoned flower.
(d) A second letter demanding more money.
14. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
(a) He makes a toast to their victory.
(b) He hides until the plan is executed.
(c) He sends them away.
(d) He writes out the details of the plan.
15. What are the fighters to listen for?
(a) The sound of a trumpet.
(b) The sound of a cannon.
(c) The sound of shouting.
(d) The sound of a bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Calymath find at the feast?
2. What two sins does Barabas admit to the friars?
3. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
4. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
5. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)