|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
(a) That they steal Barabas's assets.
(b) That they kidnap Barabas.
(c) That they write to Barabas.
(d) That they murder Barabas.
2. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
(a) 30,000 pounds.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
3. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(b) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
(c) That her father wants to convert.
(d) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
4. How does Barabas get free?
(a) He trades clothes and leaves looking like a friar.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He bribes his keeper.
(d) He fakes his own death.
5. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
(a) A blackmail letter.
(b) A false message to get him out of the house.
(c) A warning to flee.
(d) A poisoned flower.
6. Who chastises Ferneze?
(c) Tomas de Silva.
(d) Martin del Bosco.
7. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
(a) He writes out the details of the plan.
(b) He hides until the plan is executed.
(c) He makes a toast to their victory.
(d) He sends them away.
8. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
(b) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
(c) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
(d) That he should return for more gold later.
9. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
(a) Send for a shovel and cart.
(b) Send for the friar.
(c) Send for Barabas and Ithamore.
(d) Send for soldiers.
10. Why is Ferneze chastised?
(a) He won't allow the Maltese to fight the Turks.
(b) He won't allow the Spanish fight the Turks.
(c) He kept the tribute money for himself.
(d) He won't pay the tribute money.
11. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
(a) Buried in the ground.
(b) Sunk in a chest on the seashore.
(c) Hidden under some floorboards.
(d) Secured in a secret room.
12. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
(a) To report Barabas's crimes to the authorities.
(b) To blackmail Barabas.
(c) To kill Barabas.
(d) To steal his gold.
13. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
(a) To say goodbye to their families.
(b) To tell the plan to every able bodied man.
(c) To get weapons for the fight.
(d) To have courage because the plan is foolproof.
14. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
(c) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
15. What does the Abbess do as a result of the delivery to the nunnery?
(a) Gather the nuns to pray for Abigail.
(b) Send for Friar Bernardine to hear her last confession.
(c) Send a messenger to the authorities.
(d) Gather the nuns to get water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
2. What two sins does Barabas admit to the friars?
3. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
4. How does the messenger reply to Calymath's reply to the invitation?
5. What will Calymath find at the feast?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)