|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if Ithamore told who killed the nuns?
(a) Ithamore would flee.
(b) Barabas would flee.
(c) Barabas would cut Ithamore's throat.
(d) Ithamore would cut Barabas's throat.
2. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
(a) An invitation to the monastery.
(b) An invitation from a prostitute.
(c) An invitation to the nunnery.
(d) An invitation from Barabas for a feast.
3. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(b) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
(c) That the young men killed each other over love.
(d) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
4. What is a bashaw?
(a) A Turkish messenger.
(b) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(c) A Turkish slave.
(d) A high ranking Turkish military man.
5. What are the fighters to listen for?
(a) The sound of a bell.
(b) The sound of shouting.
(c) The sound of a trumpet.
(d) The sound of a cannon.
6. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
(a) Places Barabas and Ithamore under house arrest.
(b) Sends Barabas and Ithamore to prison.
(c) Arranges for Barabas and Ithamore to be executed.
(d) Locks Barabas and Ithamore in the monastery.
7. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
(a) Secured in a secret room.
(b) Sunk in a chest on the seashore.
(c) Hidden under some floorboards.
(d) Buried in the ground.
8. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(a) Martin del Bosco.
9. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
(a) That he will tell no one what Abigail revealed to him.
(b) That the church will gladly accept her money.
(c) That she will be forgiven.
(d) That he will contact Barabas about his conversion.
10. How does Barabas get free?
(a) He bribes his keeper.
(b) He trades clothes and leaves looking like a friar.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He fakes his own death.
11. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
12. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
(b) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) That her father wants to convert.
(d) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
13. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
(a) Barabas won't miss a little gold.
(b) Pilia-Borza is armed and dangerous.
(c) Pilia-Borza threatens to kill him.
(d) Barabas owes him the money.
14. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
(a) With poisoned porridge.
(b) With a poisoned flower.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a club.
15. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) He blames the deaths of Mahias and Lodowick entirely on Abigail.
(b) He denies involvement in the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) He confesses he helped with the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) He blames the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick entirely on Barabas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
2. After the delivery, what is revealed inside the nunnery?
3. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
5. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)