|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a knight?
(a) A regular soldier with a special title.
(b) A soldier who has special duties.
(c) A soldier recruited from another country.
(d) A nobleman who fights for his country.
2. What would happen if Ithamore told who killed the nuns?
(a) Barabas would flee.
(b) Barabas would cut Ithamore's throat.
(c) Ithamore would flee.
(d) Ithamore would cut Barabas's throat.
3. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
(a) A poisoned flower.
(b) A warning to flee.
(c) A false message to get him out of the house.
(d) A blackmail letter.
4. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
(a) An invitation to the nunnery.
(b) An invitation from Barabas for a feast.
(c) An invitation to the monastery.
(d) An invitation from a prostitute.
5. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
(a) Send for Barabas and Ithamore.
(b) Send for a shovel and cart.
(c) Send for the friar.
(d) Send for soldiers.
6. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(c) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
7. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
(a) Decide where he is going to live.
(b) Eat a fancy meal.
(c) Calculate the taxes he is owed.
(d) Tell his men to get ready to sail.
8. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
(a) Reveal to Ferneze the place where Barabas keeps his gold.
(b) Deny their blackmail scheme to Ferneze.
(c) Tell Ferneze the Barabas is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) Confess their sins to Ferneze.
9. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
(a) That he give his money to the church.
(b) That he would love her again.
(c) That he pay for his crimes.
(d) That he convert to Catholicism.
10. What happens after the bashaw leaves?
(a) Ferneze goes into hiding.
(b) Ferneze directs his men to spread the word for battle.
(c) The Maltese begin destroying the city.
(d) The Spanish ships prepare to leave.
11. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
(a) Buried in the ground.
(b) Secured in a secret room.
(c) Hidden under some floorboards.
(d) Sunk in a chest on the seashore.
12. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
(a) It's time to gather the fighters.
(b) It's time to hide.
(c) It's time to retreat.
(d) It's time to fight.
13. What is a bashaw?
(a) A high ranking Turkish military man.
(b) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(c) A Turkish messenger.
(d) A Turkish slave.
14. What signals the death of the nuns?
(a) A messenger from the nunnery.
(b) A town crier.
(c) The friar's announcement.
(d) The ringing bells.
15. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) He blames the deaths of Mahias and Lodowick entirely on Abigail.
(b) He confesses he helped with the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) He denies involvement in the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) He blames the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick entirely on Barabas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
2. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
3. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
4. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
5. To whom does the bashaw speak?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)