|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
(a) He says he is worried that his trap will fail.
(b) He explains how he will be a good governor.
(c) He describes the poison he'll use to kill Calymath.
(d) He explains his trap to kill Calymath.
2. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
(d) Martin del Bosco.
3. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore send to Barabas?
(a) A warning to flee.
(b) A blackmail letter.
(c) A false message to get him out of the house.
(d) A poisoned flower.
4. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
(a) Because they believe he is truly repentant.
(b) Because they get a bonus for new converts.
(c) Because the church will get all his money.
(d) Because they promised Abigail.
5. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(b) That the young men killed each other over love.
(c) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
(d) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
6. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
7. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
(a) That he will contact Barabas about his conversion.
(b) That the church will gladly accept her money.
(c) That he will tell no one what Abigail revealed to him.
(d) That she will be forgiven.
8. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
(a) Send for Barabas and Ithamore.
(b) Send for the friar.
(c) Send for a shovel and cart.
(d) Send for soldiers.
9. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(c) Martin del Bosco.
10. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
(a) Confess their sins to Ferneze.
(b) Reveal to Ferneze the place where Barabas keeps his gold.
(c) Deny their blackmail scheme to Ferneze.
(d) Tell Ferneze the Barabas is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
11. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
(a) That the Turks are planning on killing Barabas.
(b) That Barabas will donate his money to Malta.
(c) That Ferneze should collect money to be given to Barabas.
(d) That the Turks are planning on killing Ferneze.
12. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) He blames the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick entirely on Barabas.
(b) He confesses he helped with the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) He blames the deaths of Mahias and Lodowick entirely on Abigail.
(d) He denies involvement in the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
13. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A blackmail note.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A flower.
14. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
(a) That Barabas has money hidden in several places.
(b) About all the murders Ithamore committed.
(c) About all of the murders Barabas committed.
(d) That he can't go through with the blackmail.
15. What is a bashaw?
(a) The leader of the Turkish ship.
(b) A Turkish slave.
(c) A high ranking Turkish military man.
(d) A Turkish messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
2. What does Pilia-Borza bring Barabas at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What are the final plans Ferneze makes with his confederates at the end of the play?
4. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
5. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)