|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbess do as a result of the delivery to the nunnery?
(a) Send a messenger to the authorities.
(b) Gather the nuns to pray for Abigail.
(c) Send for Friar Bernardine to hear her last confession.
(d) Gather the nuns to get water.
2. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Calymath and his men.
(b) Barabas and the merchants.
(c) The friars and Maltese officials.
(d) His knights and Martin del Bosco.
3. How does the messenger reply to Calymath's reply to the invitation?
(a) That no one will harm him or his men.
(b) That his men's feast is in the monastery.
(c) That he doesn't have to eat but only be present.
(d) That the feast is not a trap.
4. What does Ferneze do after talking with Pilia-Borza and Bellamira just before they die?
(a) Send for the friar.
(b) Send for a shovel and cart.
(c) Send for Barabas and Ithamore.
(d) Send for soldiers.
5. Where has Barabas hidden his gold?
(a) Hidden under some floorboards.
(b) Sunk in a chest on the seashore.
(c) Secured in a secret room.
(d) Buried in the ground.
6. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(b) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
(c) That the young men killed each other over love.
(d) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
7. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
(a) That Barabas will donate his money to Malta.
(b) That the Turks are planning on killing Barabas.
(c) That the Turks are planning on killing Ferneze.
(d) That Ferneze should collect money to be given to Barabas.
8. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
(a) Pilia-Borza threatens to kill him.
(b) Pilia-Borza is armed and dangerous.
(c) Barabas won't miss a little gold.
(d) Barabas owes him the money.
9. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
(a) That he will never collect the tribute.
(b) That the feast may be a trap.
(c) That the Maltese people will rebell.
(d) That his father will be disappointed in him.
10. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira hint at doing?
(a) That they write to Barabas.
(b) That they murder Barabas.
(c) That they kidnap Barabas.
(d) That they steal Barabas's assets.
11. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(b) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
12. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
(b) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
(c) That he should return for more gold later.
(d) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
13. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
(c) Martin del Bosco.
14. Why does Calymath finally agree to accept the invitation?
(a) He decides that he was too powerful for anyone to harm him.
(b) He decides that he could eat again.
(c) He decides there really was no trap.
(d) He is promised a large pearl.
15. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
(a) Confess their sins to Ferneze.
(b) Deny their blackmail scheme to Ferneze.
(c) Tell Ferneze the Barabas is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) Reveal to Ferneze the place where Barabas keeps his gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
2. What is a knight?
3. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
4. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
5. What is a bashaw?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)