|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
(a) That he is looking forward to the feast.
(b) That no one will try to harm him.
(c) That he is glad Calymath conquered Malta.
(d) That Barabas has a trap for him.
2. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
(b) That the young men killed each other over love.
(c) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(d) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
3. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That her father wants to convert.
(b) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
(d) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
4. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) To trap and kill Calymath and the Turks.
(b) To steal all the money from the Maltese counting house.
(c) To steal all of Ferneze's money.
(d) To trap and kill Martin del Bosca and the sailors.
5. Why is Ferneze chastised?
(a) He won't pay the tribute money.
(b) He won't allow the Maltese to fight the Turks.
(c) He kept the tribute money for himself.
(d) He won't allow the Spanish fight the Turks.
6. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
(a) The Abbess.
(c) Friar Jacomo.
7. Who makes plans with Ferneze in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Calymath and his men.
(b) The friars and Maltese officials.
(c) His knights and Martin del Bosco.
(d) Barabas and the merchants.
8. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
(a) An invitation to the nunnery.
(b) An invitation to the monastery.
(c) An invitation from a prostitute.
(d) An invitation from Barabas for a feast.
9. What does Barabas tell Ferneze to do so the Ferneze can become governor again?
(a) That Ferneze should collect money to be given to Barabas.
(b) That Barabas will donate his money to Malta.
(c) That the Turks are planning on killing Barabas.
(d) That the Turks are planning on killing Ferneze.
10. Who chastises Ferneze?
(c) Martin del Bosco.
(d) Tomas de Silva.
11. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
(a) Barabas won't miss a little gold.
(b) Pilia-Borza threatens to kill him.
(c) Barabas owes him the money.
(d) Pilia-Borza is armed and dangerous.
12. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
(a) That he convert to Catholicism.
(b) That he give his money to the church.
(c) That he would love her again.
(d) That he pay for his crimes.
13. What is a knight?
(a) A soldier recruited from another country.
(b) A soldier who has special duties.
(c) A regular soldier with a special title.
(d) A nobleman who fights for his country.
14. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(c) Martin del Bosco.
15. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
(a) He describes the poison he'll use to kill Calymath.
(b) He says he is worried that his trap will fail.
(c) He explains his trap to kill Calymath.
(d) He explains how he will be a good governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilia-Borza bring Barabas at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What answer is given to the bashaw's demand?
3. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
4. Why does Calymath finally agree to accept the invitation?
5. How does Barabas kill Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)