|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barabas give Pilia-Borza gold?
(a) Barabas won't miss a little gold.
(b) Pilia-Borza threatens to kill him.
(c) Pilia-Borza is armed and dangerous.
(d) Barabas owes him the money.
2. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) To trap and kill Martin del Bosca and the sailors.
(b) To trap and kill Calymath and the Turks.
(c) To steal all of Ferneze's money.
(d) To steal all the money from the Maltese counting house.
3. What is Abigail's desire for Barabas?
(a) That he pay for his crimes.
(b) That he give his money to the church.
(c) That he convert to Catholicism.
(d) That he would love her again.
4. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) He blames the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick entirely on Barabas.
(b) He confesses he helped with the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) He blames the deaths of Mahias and Lodowick entirely on Abigail.
(d) He denies involvement in the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
5. What is the last thing Ferenze tells the planners?
(a) To get weapons for the fight.
(b) To have courage because the plan is foolproof.
(c) To say goodbye to their families.
(d) To tell the plan to every able bodied man.
6. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
(a) To steal his gold.
(b) To kill Barabas.
(c) To blackmail Barabas.
(d) To report Barabas's crimes to the authorities.
7. Who do the Turks appoint as governor?
(d) Martin del Bosco.
8. What happens to Barabas at the feast?
(a) He is killed by Calymath.
(b) He is disappointed because the trap doesn't work.
(c) He falls into the trap and dies.
(d) He is killed by Ferneze.
9. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That her father wants to convert.
(b) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
(c) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
10. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
(a) That Barabas is suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
(b) That Barabas is suspious of Ithamore.
(c) That the authorities are suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
(d) That Barabas likes to poison his enemies.
11. What do Pilia-Borza and Bellamira do before they die?
(a) Deny their blackmail scheme to Ferneze.
(b) Confess their sins to Ferneze.
(c) Reveal to Ferneze the place where Barabas keeps his gold.
(d) Tell Ferneze the Barabas is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
12. What will Calymath find at the feast?
(a) A group of thankful Maltese people.
(b) A group of Maltese officials.
(c) A platform that collapses into boiling water and sharp objects.
(d) A feast full of poisoned food.
13. How much money was pledged to Barabas?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
14. What are the fighters to listen for?
(a) The sound of a trumpet.
(b) The sound of a cannon.
(c) The sound of a bell.
(d) The sound of shouting.
15. What is a knight?
(a) A nobleman who fights for his country.
(b) A soldier who has special duties.
(c) A regular soldier with a special title.
(d) A soldier recruited from another country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
2. What does Ferneze do when he and the planners finish talking?
3. What does the bashaw demand?
4. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
5. What does Pilia-Borza bring Barabas at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)