|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Barabas devise in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) To trap and kill Martin del Bosca and the sailors.
(b) To steal all the money from the Maltese counting house.
(c) To steal all of Ferneze's money.
(d) To trap and kill Calymath and the Turks.
2. What do Pilia-Borza, Bellamira, and Ithamore decide to do?
(a) To blackmail Barabas.
(b) To steal his gold.
(c) To report Barabas's crimes to the authorities.
(d) To kill Barabas.
3. What will Calymath find at the feast?
(a) A feast full of poisoned food.
(b) A group of Maltese officials.
(c) A group of thankful Maltese people.
(d) A platform that collapses into boiling water and sharp objects.
4. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
(a) That Barabas is suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
(b) That Barabas likes to poison his enemies.
(c) That the authorities are suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
(d) That Barabas is suspious of Ithamore.
5. What does Barabas tell Pilia-Borza after Barabas gives him the gold?
(a) That he is afraid of Pilia-Borza.
(b) That he should return for more gold later.
(c) That he will kill Pilia-Borza.
(d) That Pilia-Borza will not get away with blackmail.
6. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
(a) Sends Barabas and Ithamore to prison.
(b) Locks Barabas and Ithamore in the monastery.
(c) Arranges for Barabas and Ithamore to be executed.
(d) Places Barabas and Ithamore under house arrest.
7. What does the bashaw demand?
(a) The surrender of Malta.
(b) The execution of Ferneze.
(c) The gold tribute.
(d) The surrender of the Spanish ships.
8. Why does Calymath finally agree to accept the invitation?
(a) He is promised a large pearl.
(b) He decides that he was too powerful for anyone to harm him.
(c) He decides there really was no trap.
(d) He decides that he could eat again.
9. What does Calymath tell the messenger who brings the invitation?
(a) That the citadel won't hold all his men.
(b) That he won't come because he believes the feast is a trap.
(c) That he will kill anyone who tries to harm him or his men.
(d) That he has already eaten a large meal.
10. What are the fighters to listen for?
(a) The sound of shouting.
(b) The sound of a trumpet.
(c) The sound of a cannon.
(d) The sound of a bell.
11. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That her father wants to convert.
(b) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
(c) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
12. What does Friar Bernardine promise Abigail?
(a) That she will be forgiven.
(b) That the church will gladly accept her money.
(c) That he will contact Barabas about his conversion.
(d) That he will tell no one what Abigail revealed to him.
13. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
(b) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(c) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
(d) That the young men killed each other over love.
14. What does Ithamore tell Pilia-Borza and Bellamira?
(a) That Barabas has money hidden in several places.
(b) About all of the murders Barabas committed.
(c) That he can't go through with the blackmail.
(d) About all the murders Ithamore committed.
15. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
(b) Martin del Bosco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the bashaw leaves?
2. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
3. What does Ithamore say when Ferneze confronts him?
4. Who chastises Ferneze?
5. How does Barabas get free?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)