|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath do?
(a) Eat a fancy meal.
(b) Tell his men to get ready to sail.
(c) Calculate the taxes he is owed.
(d) Decide where he is going to live.
2. What does Barabas tell Ferneze when Ferneze arrives at the feast for Calymath?
(a) He explains how he will be a good governor.
(b) He says he is worried that his trap will fail.
(c) He explains his trap to kill Calymath.
(d) He describes the poison he'll use to kill Calymath.
3. What worries Calymath about the invitation?
(a) That he will never collect the tribute.
(b) That the feast may be a trap.
(c) That the Maltese people will rebell.
(d) That his father will be disappointed in him.
4. What does Barabas say when Ferneze confronts him?
(a) That Ferneze shouldn't believe a prostitute, thief and slave.
(b) That the young men killed each other over love.
(c) That Ferneze should leave the past in the past.
(d) That Ithamore alone killed the young men.
5. What happens after the bashaw leaves?
(a) Ferneze goes into hiding.
(b) The Maltese begin destroying the city.
(c) The Spanish ships prepare to leave.
(d) Ferneze directs his men to spread the word for battle.
6. After the delivery, what is revealed inside the nunnery?
(a) Nuns are dying.
(b) A fire has been set.
(c) Gold has been stolen.
(d) Abigail has changed her mind about converting.
7. What does Ferneze do with Calymath after Barabas dies?
(a) He holds Calymath and demands ransom from Calymath's father.
(b) He lets Calymath and his men sail away.
(c) He imprisons Calymath.
(d) He kills Calymath.
8. Who kills Friar Bernardine?
(c) The Abbess.
(d) Friar Jacomo.
9. What does Ithamore warn Pilia-Borza and Bellamira about?
(a) That Barabas likes to poison his enemies.
(b) That the authorities are suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
(c) That Barabas is suspious of Ithamore.
(d) That Barabas is suspious of Pilia-Borza and Bellamira.
10. What does Bellamira send Ithamore?
(a) A flower.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A blackmail note.
(d) A piece of gold.
11. Who helps the Turks conquer Malta?
(b) Martin del Bosco.
12. Why is Ferneze chastised?
(a) He kept the tribute money for himself.
(b) He won't allow the Maltese to fight the Turks.
(c) He won't allow the Spanish fight the Turks.
(d) He won't pay the tribute money.
13. What does Ferneze tell Calymath when Calymath arrives at the feast?
(a) That he is looking forward to the feast.
(b) That no one will try to harm him.
(c) That Barabas has a trap for him.
(d) That he is glad Calymath conquered Malta.
14. What does Ferneze do after he confronts Barabas and Ithamore?
(a) Arranges for Barabas and Ithamore to be executed.
(b) Locks Barabas and Ithamore in the monastery.
(c) Places Barabas and Ithamore under house arrest.
(d) Sends Barabas and Ithamore to prison.
15. What does Abigail reveal to Friar Bernardine?
(a) That her father is responsible for the deaths of Mathias and Lodowick.
(b) That her father wants to convert.
(c) That she has hidden money she wants the church to have.
(d) That she was seduced by Lodowick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sound the fighters are to listen for mean?
2. After inspecting the island, what does Calymath receive?
3. Who is executed for Friar Bernardine's murder?
4. What does Calymath tell the messenger who brings the invitation?
5. Why do the friars agree to Barabas's conversion?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)