|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the duelists' parents find?
(a) Bloody clothes.
(b) Injured sons.
(c) Their bodies.
(d) Two pistols.
2. Who refuses the Spanish visitor's request when he comes to Malta?
3. What does Barabas use in his plan against the nuns?
(a) A jug of wine.
(b) A pot of rice porridge.
(c) A bowl of boiled potatoes.
(d) A platter of meat.
4. What does Barabas tell his slave about himself?
(a) That he's killed people.
(b) That he's stolen from people.
(c) That he hates Christians.
(d) That he has a second wife.
5. Who leaves the duel rejoicing?
6. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
7. How did Barabas arrange for the duel?
(a) He started false rumors about both men.
(b) He had both men delivered forged challenges.
(c) He betrothed both men to his daughter.
(d) He lied to Abigail about each man.
8. What religion is the slave Barabas buys?
9. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
10. Where is Barabas's gold hidden?
(a) The senate house.
(b) A waterfront inn.
(c) The local monastery.
(d) His former home.
11. When Abigail decides to remove herself permanently from her father's household, what does she leave for her father?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) Some money.
(d) Some flowers.
12. Why does Barabas prefer to be paid in gold rather than valuable goods?
(a) Goods can be burned or lost.
(b) Goods can lose their value.
(c) Gold is as good as money in any nation.
(d) Gold takes up less space.
13. Who does Barabas's daughter love?
14. What does Abigail risk by following Barabas's instructions to retrieve the gold?
15. How does the governor betray Malta?
(a) He conspires with the vice-admiral to overthrow the government.
(b) He keeps all the money from the sale of the prisoners.
(c) He gives Malta over to Spanish rule.
(d) He allows the Turkish prisoners to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas think of Catholicism?
2. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
3. What kind of person is amoral?
4. Who is the vice-admiral of the Spanish navy?
5. What two systems were partnered in Marlowe's time?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)