|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barabas think the Jews were ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) For the government to enlist their aid against the Turks.
(b) For the government to demand their money.
(c) For the government to imprison them.
(d) For the government to confiscate their houses.
2. What does Ithamore do after he's delivered the letters?
(a) He hires a prostitute.
(b) He returns to Barabas's house.
(c) He goes to a tavern to have a drink.
(d) He visits a friend.
3. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
4. What happens to the duelers?
(a) Both walk away unhurt.
(b) Both are mortally wounded.
(c) One dueler live and the other dies.
(d) Both are slightly wounded.
5. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
6. Why does the Spanish armada come to Malta?
(a) To resupply their vessels.
(b) To sell Turkish prisoners.
(c) To take a time of relaxation.
(d) To trade with their cargo.
7. Who leaves the duel rejoicing?
8. How does Barabas's accomplice gain access to where the money is hidden?
(a) By knocking out the watchman.
(b) By lying to the people there.
(c) By crawling through a broken window.
(d) By simply walking in unattended.
9. Who prepares to fight a duel in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Barabas and Ithamore.
(b) Barabas and Mathias.
(c) Lodowick and Ithamore.
(d) Mathias and Lodowick.
10. Why does Mathias's mother not like Jews?
(a) She thinks they're a bad influence.
(b) She thinks they're dishonest.
(c) She thinks they'll convert him.
(d) She thinks they're Christ killers.
11. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
(a) He has none.
(b) He supports the Spanish.
(c) He supports the Turks.
(d) He supports the local government.
12. What reason does Barabas give for Turks coming into the harbor?
(a) They are stopping to resupply.
(b) They are stopping to demand money.
(c) They are stopping to recruit more sailors.
(d) They are stopping for recreation.
13. Who secretly watches the duel?
14. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He warns Abigail.
(b) He goes to get a drink.
(c) He returns to the house.
(d) He warns the nuns.
15. Who has the Spanish armada been fighting?
(a) Rogue Spanish ships.
(b) Pirate ships.
(c) Maltese ships.
(d) Turkish ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabas want Ferneze's son dead?
2. What is the name of the prostitute?
3. How does the governor betray Malta?
4. Who does Barabas's daughter love?
5. How does Barabas conduct his business?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)