|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
(a) A friar.
2. Why does Mathias's mother not like Jews?
(a) She thinks they'll convert him.
(b) She thinks they're a bad influence.
(c) She thinks they're dishonest.
(d) She thinks they're Christ killers.
3. Who is the governor of Malta?
4. Who does Ithamore bring back to the house to see Abigail?
(a) Friar Jacomo.
(b) Friar Jacobs.
(c) Friar Belmora.
(d) Friar Bernardine.
5. What does Abigail admit to the friar?
(a) She has always believed the Catholicism was the best religion.
(b) She believes that the Jews killed Christ.
(c) She wasn't ready to convert the first time she went to the nunnery.
(d) She is confused and seeking the truth.
6. What does Barabas's character represent?
(a) Hard work and perseverence.
(b) Egotism and selfishness.
(c) Greed and stereotyped Judaism.
(d) Greed and stereotyped Catholicism.
7. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
(a) All Jews are being sold as slaves to the Turks and their possessions auctioned.
(b) All Jews must surrender half their money and convert to Catholicism.
(c) All Jews must enlist in the military to fight the Turks and house soldiers in their homes.
(d) All Jews have one week to pack personal items only and leave town.
8. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
9. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
(a) He supports the Turks.
(b) He has none.
(c) He supports the Spanish.
(d) He supports the local government.
10. What does Barabas take on his way to get his gold?
(a) A bag.
(b) A light.
(c) A hand cart.
(d) A carrying case.
11. What does Barabas do with what Ithamore brings out?
(a) He mixes crushed glass in it.
(b) He sprinkles dirt in it.
(c) He adds urine to it.
(d) He puts poisons in it.
12. Where did the bag and its contents come from?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The senate house.
(d) Barabas's house.
13. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) To penalize non-taxpayers.
(c) To determine merchant bonuses.
(d) To celebrate a Jewish holy day.
14. What does Barabas tell his slave about himself?
(a) That he's killed people.
(b) That he hates Christians.
(c) That he has a second wife.
(d) That he's stolen from people.
15. What does Abigail think her father lacks?
(b) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas's accomplice gain access to where the money is hidden?
2. Who has the Spanish armada been fighting?
3. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
4. Who is the vice-admiral of the Spanish navy?
5. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)