|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
(a) They and their families' money and possessions will be taken.
(b) They and their families will be deported.
(c) They and their families will be sold as slaves.
(d) They and their families will be executed.
2. As a result of Abigail leaving his house, what does Barabas believe about her?
(a) That she is not worth bothering about.
(b) That she's been forced to elope.
(c) That she hates him and betrayed him.
(d) That she's been converted against her will.
3. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
(a) That Barabas will not be below the window.
(b) That the bags will be too heavy to carry.
(c) That the nuns will get up for prayers.
(d) That the gold will fall from the bags.
4. What happens to the duelers?
(a) Both walk away unhurt.
(b) One dueler live and the other dies.
(c) Both are slightly wounded.
(d) Both are mortally wounded.
5. What does Barabas tell his slave about himself?
(a) That he's stolen from people.
(b) That he's killed people.
(c) That he has a second wife.
(d) That he hates Christians.
6. How does Barabas conduct his personal life?
(a) By following his own conscience.
(b) By following the precepts of Catholicism.
(c) By following Machevill's recommendations.
(d) By following the precepts of Judaism.
7. Who prepares to fight a duel in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Lodowick and Ithamore.
(b) Mathias and Lodowick.
(c) Barabas and Mathias.
(d) Barabas and Ithamore.
8. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He goes to get a drink.
(b) He warns Abigail.
(c) He warns the nuns.
(d) He returns to the house.
9. What question does Abigail ask Ithamore when he returns from delivering the letters?
(a) She asks why he's happy.
(b) She asks why he's late.
(c) She asks why he's drunk.
(d) She asks where he's been.
10. Why is the governor happy?
(a) The Spanish have defeated the Turkish forces.
(b) The Spanish have weakened the Turkish forces.
(c) He anticipates being given money.
(d) He anticipates taxes from the presence of the Spanish.
11. What do the duelists' parents find?
(a) Injured sons.
(b) Their bodies.
(c) Bloody clothes.
(d) Two pistols.
12. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
13. What is the name of the slave Barabas buys?
14. What does Abigail realize about father when she learns about the duel?
(a) He doesn't follow his own religion.
(b) He loves his wealth more than he loves her.
(c) He will never repent.
(d) He should be punished for his wicked deeds.
15. What does Barabas do with what Ithamore brings out?
(a) He adds urine to it.
(b) He puts poisons in it.
(c) He sprinkles dirt in it.
(d) He mixes crushed glass in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Barabas's daughter?
2. What does Abigail ask the friar?
3. What does Abigail think her father lacks?
4. What kind of person is amoral?
5. What does Barabas say as he is ruining what Ithamore brings out?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)