|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abigail appear to Barabas at the nunnery?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) At an upper window.
(c) On the street.
(d) At the back door.
2. Whose heart is broken over Barabas's daughter's decision to become a nun?
3. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
(a) A friar.
4. Who supervises the off-loading of the first ship?
(a) Two government officials.
(c) One of Barabas's merchants.
(d) No one.
5. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
6. When Abigail decides to remove herself permanently from her father's household, what does she leave for her father?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some flowers.
(d) Some money.
7. Why does the approaching man pass by the prostitute?
(a) He had no money to buy her services.
(b) He was not interested in buying her services.
(c) He was worried the male friend might harm him.
(d) He was late in returning home.
8. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
(a) Through stealing and blackmail.
(b) Through honesty and perseverence.
(c) Through deception and murder.
(d) Through greed and immoral behavior.
9. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
10. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
(a) He supports the Turks.
(b) He supports the local government.
(c) He supports the Spanish.
(d) He has none.
11. What does the prostitute assume is in the bag?
12. What does Ithamore say happened because of the letters?
(a) That Abigail is no longer betrothed.
(b) That Mathias and Lodowick killed each other.
(c) That her father is dead.
(d) That neither Mathias nor Lodowick wants Abigail.
13. Why may some exact words of Marlowe's plays seem familiar?
(a) Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(b) Both Shakespeare and Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(c) Marlowe stole Shakespeare's exact wording.
(d) Shakespeare stole his exact wording.
14. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) What the nuns taught her.
(b) About which religion God approves of.
(c) About where she'll go when she dies.
(d) What will become of her father.
15. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mathias's mother not like Jews?
2. What does Barabas call his daughter when talking to Lodowick at the slave market?
3. What does Abigail realize about father when she learns about the duel?
4. What question does Abigail ask Ithamore when he returns from delivering the letters?
5. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)