|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a barroom.
(b) In a shop.
(c) In a monastary.
(d) In a palace.
2. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
3. Who supervises the off-loading of the first ship?
(a) No one.
(c) Two government officials.
(d) One of Barabas's merchants.
4. What religion is the slave Barabas buys?
5. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He warns the nuns.
(b) He returns to the house.
(c) He warns Abigail.
(d) He goes to get a drink.
6. As a result of Abigail leaving his house, what does Barabas believe about her?
(a) That she's been forced to elope.
(b) That she hates him and betrayed him.
(c) That she is not worth bothering about.
(d) That she's been converted against her will.
7. Where is the man approaching the prostitute and her friend coming from?
(a) He had delivered two invitations.
(b) He had delivered two dueling pistols.
(c) He had delivered two forged challenges.
(d) He had delivered two boxes of food.
8. What does the governor confide to the vice-admiral?
(a) That Malta has a large army.
(b) That theTurks are threatening Malta.
(c) That Malta resents the Spanish.
(d) That the Spanish are unwelcome in Malta.
9. Why was Marlowe jailed?
(a) He wrote against the Catholic church.
(b) He got drunk and started a fight.
(c) He allegedly wrote lies about someone.
(d) He plotted the governor's murder.
10. How did Marlowe die?
(a) Of old age.
(b) In a duel.
(c) In a sick bed.
(d) In barroom brawl.
11. What reason does Barabas give for Turks coming into the harbor?
(a) They are stopping for recreation.
(b) They are stopping to resupply.
(c) They are stopping to recruit more sailors.
(d) They are stopping to demand money.
12. What does his slave tell Barabas about himself?
(a) That he has hurt Christians.
(b) That he has hurt Jews.
(c) That he has hurt atheists.
(d) That he has hurt Muslims.
13. What happens to the duelers?
(a) Both walk away unhurt.
(b) Both are mortally wounded.
(c) Both are slightly wounded.
(d) One dueler live and the other dies.
14. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
15. What does Barabas discover about Abigail?
(a) That she joined the nunnery.
(b) That she ran away to get married.
(c) That she doesn't love him anymore.
(d) That she wants to steal his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prostitute's male friend have when they first converse in the play?
2. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
3. Why did the Jews flee to Malta?
4. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
5. What is the name of the slave Barabas buys?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)