|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute's male friend have when they first converse in the play?
(a) A bag of jewels.
(b) A bag of medicine.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A bag of documents.
2. Is Barabas concerned about losing his hidden money?
(a) Yes, he is worried it will be taken to fight the Turks.
(b) Yes, because he has no secure place to hide it.
(c) No, because it is well hidden so others can't find it.
(d) No, he plans to give it to help fight the Turks.
3. Who supervises the off-loading of the first ship?
(b) One of Barabas's merchants.
(c) No one.
(d) Two government officials.
4. Where are the prices of the slaves displayed?
(a) On their foreheads.
(b) On their chests.
(c) On their right arms.
(d) On their backs.
5. What is required before the imports on a ship can be offloaded?
(a) Government officials must review the inventory.
(b) Taxes must be paid.
(c) The owner of the goods must be present.
(d) Workers to do the labor must be hired.
6. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) What will become of her father.
(b) What the nuns taught her.
(c) About where she'll go when she dies.
(d) About which religion God approves of.
7. Who tells her son he shouldn't speak to Jews?
8. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
9. Why does Barabas think the Jews were ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) For the government to imprison them.
(b) For the government to confiscate their houses.
(c) For the government to enlist their aid against the Turks.
(d) For the government to demand their money.
10. Why does the approaching man pass by the prostitute?
(a) He was late in returning home.
(b) He was worried the male friend might harm him.
(c) He had no money to buy her services.
(d) He was not interested in buying her services.
11. What does Abigail ask the friar?
(a) If she will go to hell if she dies.
(b) If her sins are beyond repentance.
(c) If she is worthy to convert.
(d) If she can return to the nunnery.
12. Which duelist is Katherine's son?
13. Why is the governor happy?
(a) The Spanish have weakened the Turkish forces.
(b) He anticipates being given money.
(c) The Spanish have defeated the Turkish forces.
(d) He anticipates taxes from the presence of the Spanish.
14. A star shining in the east announced Jesus' birth. By calling his accomplice a star shining in the east, what is implied about Barabas's gold?
(a) It is holy.
(b) It is his last hope.
(c) It is his god.
(d) It is divine.
15. What does Abigail think her father lacks?
(b) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the governor confide to the vice-admiral?
2. What do the duelists' parent have in common?
3. How old is Barabas's daughter?
4. Where did the bag and its contents come from?
5. Why does the Spanish armada come to Malta?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)