|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a barroom.
(b) In a palace.
(c) In a shop.
(d) In a monastary.
2. How old is Barabas's daughter?
3. How does Barabas react when he learns that Abigail has left his house for good?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He's wants to remove her from the nunnery.
(c) He wants to burn the nunnery.
(d) He's furious.
4. What does Barabas think of Catholicism?
(a) That is it a legitimate religion.
(b) That is will replace Judaism.
(c) That it is a form of slavery.
(d) That it's priests and nuns are trustworthy.
5. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
(a) They used his characters.
(b) They used his settings.
(c) They used his plots.
(d) They used his themes.
6. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
7. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
(b) He will steal someone else's money.
(c) He will haunt the place after he dies.
(d) He will work hard and earn more money.
8. What does Barabas's home become?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A nunnery.
(c) A counting house.
(d) A military barracks.
9. What is a counting house?
(a) A boys' school that teaches accounting.
(b) A business where clerks manage other people's accounts.
(c) A private house built to accomodate visiting royalty.
(d) A place where gold, silver, and valuable goods are stored.
10. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
11. What is the name of the prostitute?
12. What does Barabas discover about Abigail?
(a) That she ran away to get married.
(b) That she joined the nunnery.
(c) That she wants to steal his money.
(d) That she doesn't love him anymore.
13. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) To celebrate a Jewish holy day.
(b) To determine merchant bonuses.
(c) To penalize non-taxpayers.
14. When Ithamore returns home in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he tell Abigail he's been doing?
(a) Visiting a friend.
(b) Talking with the Spanish.
(c) Delivering letters for her father.
(d) Drinking in a tavern.
15. When Abigail decides to remove herself permanently from her father's household, what does she leave for her father?
(a) Some flowers.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail realize about father when she learns about the duel?
2. Why was Marlowe jailed?
3. Who refuses the Spanish visitor's request when he comes to Malta?
4. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
5. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)