|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the Spanish armada been fighting?
(a) Rogue Spanish ships.
(b) Turkish ships.
(c) Maltese ships.
(d) Pirate ships.
2. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He goes to get a drink.
(b) He returns to the house.
(c) He warns the nuns.
(d) He warns Abigail.
3. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
4. How old is Barabas's daughter?
5. Where is Barabas's gold hidden?
(a) The local monastery.
(b) A waterfront inn.
(c) The senate house.
(d) His former home.
6. What does the prostitute assume is in the bag?
7. Which duelist is Katherine's son?
8. Why does Barabas prefer to be paid in gold rather than valuable goods?
(a) Gold takes up less space.
(b) Gold is as good as money in any nation.
(c) Goods can lose their value.
(d) Goods can be burned or lost.
9. Why does Barabas want Ferneze's son dead?
(a) Ferenze disapproved of the betrothal.
(b) Ferneze had seized his assets.
(c) The son had seduced Abigail.
(d) The son wanted to break the betrothal.
10. What circumstance would want to make Barabas die?
(a) His conversion to Catholicism.
(b) The conquering of the city.
(c) Living in poverty.
(d) The death of his daughter.
11. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
(a) He supports the local government.
(b) He supports the Spanish.
(c) He has none.
(d) He supports the Turks.
12. What reason does Barabas give for Turks coming into the harbor?
(a) They are stopping to resupply.
(b) They are stopping to recruit more sailors.
(c) They are stopping to demand money.
(d) They are stopping for recreation.
13. What does Abigail think her father lacks?
(c) Common sense.
14. Who prepares to fight a duel in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Lodowick and Ithamore.
(b) Barabas and Mathias.
(c) Mathias and Lodowick.
(d) Barabas and Ithamore.
15. As a result of Abigail leaving his house, what does Barabas believe about her?
(a) That she is not worth bothering about.
(b) That she's been converted against her will.
(c) That she hates him and betrayed him.
(d) That she's been forced to elope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Barabas concerned about losing his hidden money?
2. What is the name of the slave Barabas buys?
3. Why does Barabas think the Jews were ordered to meet at the senate house?
4. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
5. What does Abigail admit to the friar?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)