|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is required before the imports on a ship can be offloaded?
(a) Government officials must review the inventory.
(b) Taxes must be paid.
(c) The owner of the goods must be present.
(d) Workers to do the labor must be hired.
2. Where are the prices of the slaves displayed?
(a) On their foreheads.
(b) On their right arms.
(c) On their backs.
(d) On their chests.
3. What does Barabas ask for in prayer when he goes to retrieve his hidden gold?
(a) That God will help the Turks to conquer the city.
(b) That God will have the government return his home.
(c) That God will help Abigail to deliver the gold.
(d) That God will kill those who stole his gold and house.
4. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
5. Whose heart is broken over Barabas's daughter's decision to become a nun?
6. Why does Barabas prefer to be paid in gold rather than valuable goods?
(a) Gold is as good as money in any nation.
(b) Gold takes up less space.
(c) Goods can lose their value.
(d) Goods can be burned or lost.
7. What does Abigail risk by following Barabas's instructions to retrieve the gold?
8. What does Abigail think her father lacks?
(d) Common sense.
9. What does Abigail admit to the friar?
(a) She wasn't ready to convert the first time she went to the nunnery.
(b) She has always believed the Catholicism was the best religion.
(c) She is confused and seeking the truth.
(d) She believes that the Jews killed Christ.
10. Why does the governor agree to let the Spanish stay?
(a) He will be paid a large amount of money.
(b) He will still be governor.
(c) He will be allowed to live.
(d) He will become Malta's king.
11. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
12. Where is the man approaching the prostitute and her friend coming from?
(a) He had delivered two invitations.
(b) He had delivered two forged challenges.
(c) He had delivered two dueling pistols.
(d) He had delivered two boxes of food.
13. What does Barabas think of Catholicism?
(a) That it's priests and nuns are trustworthy.
(b) That is it a legitimate religion.
(c) That is will replace Judaism.
(d) That it is a form of slavery.
14. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
(b) A friar.
15. What does Barabas use in his plan against the nuns?
(a) A platter of meat.
(b) A pot of rice porridge.
(c) A jug of wine.
(d) A bowl of boiled potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
2. What does Ithamore do after he's delivered the letters?
3. What kind of person is amoral?
4. What does Barabas tell his slave about himself?
5. Who refuses the Spanish visitor's request when he comes to Malta?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)