|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells her son he shouldn't speak to Jews?
2. What does Barabas's character represent?
(a) Greed and stereotyped Judaism.
(b) Egotism and selfishness.
(c) Hard work and perseverence.
(d) Greed and stereotyped Catholicism.
3. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
4. What question does Abigail ask Ithamore when he returns from delivering the letters?
(a) She asks where he's been.
(b) She asks why he's happy.
(c) She asks why he's late.
(d) She asks why he's drunk.
5. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
(b) He will steal someone else's money.
(c) He will work hard and earn more money.
(d) He will haunt the place after he dies.
6. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
7. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
(a) That Barabas will not be below the window.
(b) That the gold will fall from the bags.
(c) That the nuns will get up for prayers.
(d) That the bags will be too heavy to carry.
8. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
9. Why is the prostitute depressed?
(a) She hates her customers.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She's dying.
(d) She's being put out of the city.
10. What is the name of the slave Barabas buys?
11. Who secretly watches the duel?
12. What does Barabas tell his slave about himself?
(a) That he's stolen from people.
(b) That he hates Christians.
(c) That he's killed people.
(d) That he has a second wife.
13. What does the second merchant tell Barabas?
(a) That pirates stole the goods and killed most of the sailors.
(b) That the the goods on the ship were destroyed by fire.
(c) That the ship is in urgent need of repairs.
(d) That Spanish and Turkish ships were following his ship.
14. Which duelist is Ferneze's son?
15. Why does the approaching man pass by the prostitute?
(a) He was late in returning home.
(b) He was not interested in buying her services.
(c) He was worried the male friend might harm him.
(d) He had no money to buy her services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't the prisoners captured by the Spanish allowed to be sold?
2. What kind of person is amoral?
3. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
4. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
5. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)