|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
2. What does Barabas discover about Abigail?
(a) That she wants to steal his money.
(b) That she joined the nunnery.
(c) That she ran away to get married.
(d) That she doesn't love him anymore.
3. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
(b) He will steal someone else's money.
(c) He will haunt the place after he dies.
(d) He will work hard and earn more money.
4. Why does Barabas betroth his daughter to a man she doesn't love?
(a) So he can steal the money of both men.
(b) So he can execute a plot to kill them both.
(c) So he can satisfy his evil tendencies.
(d) So he can punish his daughter's unfaithfulness.
5. What does the second merchant tell Barabas?
(a) That the the goods on the ship were destroyed by fire.
(b) That the ship is in urgent need of repairs.
(c) That Spanish and Turkish ships were following his ship.
(d) That pirates stole the goods and killed most of the sailors.
6. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a monastary.
(b) In a palace.
(c) In a barroom.
(d) In a shop.
7. How does Barabas conduct his personal life?
(a) By following Machevill's recommendations.
(b) By following the precepts of Catholicism.
(c) By following his own conscience.
(d) By following the precepts of Judaism.
8. What does Abigail admit to the friar?
(a) She believes that the Jews killed Christ.
(b) She has always believed the Catholicism was the best religion.
(c) She wasn't ready to convert the first time she went to the nunnery.
(d) She is confused and seeking the truth.
9. What does the prostitute's male friend have when they first converse in the play?
(a) A bag of jewels.
(b) A bag of medicine.
(c) A bag of documents.
(d) A bag of money.
10. Who refuses the Spanish visitor's request when he comes to Malta?
11. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
12. What does Abigail ask the friar?
(a) If she will go to hell if she dies.
(b) If she is worthy to convert.
(c) If she can return to the nunnery.
(d) If her sins are beyond repentance.
13. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) To celebrate a Jewish holy day.
(c) To determine merchant bonuses.
(d) To penalize non-taxpayers.
14. What does the male friend of the prostitute want to do when he sees a man approaching them?
(a) Make a deal with the man.
(b) Leave the area.
(c) Kill the man approaching.
(d) Run and hide.
15. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
(a) That the nuns will get up for prayers.
(b) That the bags will be too heavy to carry.
(c) That the gold will fall from the bags.
(d) That Barabas will not be below the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas say as he is ruining what Ithamore brings out?
2. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
3. Who is the governor of Malta?
4. Who does Barabas's daughter love?
5. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)