|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the duelists' parents find?
(a) Their bodies.
(b) Bloody clothes.
(c) Injured sons.
(d) Two pistols.
2. Which duelist is Katherine's son?
3. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) About where she'll go when she dies.
(b) About which religion God approves of.
(c) What the nuns taught her.
(d) What will become of her father.
4. What is the name of the slave Barabas buys?
5. Why does Barabas betroth his daughter to a man she doesn't love?
(a) So he can satisfy his evil tendencies.
(b) So he can execute a plot to kill them both.
(c) So he can punish his daughter's unfaithfulness.
(d) So he can steal the money of both men.
6. What is a counting house?
(a) A boys' school that teaches accounting.
(b) A place where gold, silver, and valuable goods are stored.
(c) A business where clerks manage other people's accounts.
(d) A private house built to accomodate visiting royalty.
7. What does Abigail ask the friar?
(a) If she is worthy to convert.
(b) If she will go to hell if she dies.
(c) If her sins are beyond repentance.
(d) If she can return to the nunnery.
8. What does the governor confide to the vice-admiral?
(a) That Malta resents the Spanish.
(b) That the Spanish are unwelcome in Malta.
(c) That theTurks are threatening Malta.
(d) That Malta has a large army.
9. What does Abigail remind Barabas of when she retrieves him?
(a) A ghost.
(b) An expert thief.
(d) A former accomplice.
10. What does Barabas call his daughter when talking to Lodowick at the slave market?
(a) A ruby.
(b) A pearl.
(c) An emerald.
(d) A diamond.
11. Why aren't the prisoners captured by the Spanish allowed to be sold?
(a) For fear their price would be too high.
(b) For fear that taxes would not be paid.
(c) For fear the Spanish would retaliate.
(d) For fear the Turks would retaliate.
12. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
13. What does Abigail admit to the friar?
(a) She has always believed the Catholicism was the best religion.
(b) She wasn't ready to convert the first time she went to the nunnery.
(c) She believes that the Jews killed Christ.
(d) She is confused and seeking the truth.
14. How does Barabas react when he learns that Abigail has left his house for good?
(a) He's wants to remove her from the nunnery.
(b) He wants to burn the nunnery.
(c) He's furious.
(d) He doesn't care.
15. What does the prostitute think about the man who is approaching?
(a) That he will steal the bag.
(b) That he will arrest them.
(c) That he will be a customer.
(d) That he is attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabas's accomplice gain access to where the money is hidden?
2. What does Abigail risk by following Barabas's instructions to retrieve the gold?
3. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
4. How does Barabas get his hidden money?
5. What does Barabas do with what Ithamore brings out?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)