|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
2. What does Barabas decide once Abigail has left his house?
(a) To prove to her Catholicism is false.
(b) To let her live her own life.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To convince her to return.
3. Who secretly watches the duel?
4. What circumstance would want to make Barabas die?
(a) The conquering of the city.
(b) Living in poverty.
(c) His conversion to Catholicism.
(d) The death of his daughter.
5. What does the prostitute assume is in the bag?
6. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
7. Who does Ithamore bring back to the house to see Abigail?
(a) Friar Bernardine.
(b) Friar Jacomo.
(c) Friar Belmora.
(d) Friar Jacobs.
8. What does Barabas think of Catholicism?
(a) That is will replace Judaism.
(b) That it is a form of slavery.
(c) That is it a legitimate religion.
(d) That it's priests and nuns are trustworthy.
9. What do the duelists' parent have in common?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They don't understand why there was a duel.
(c) They hate Barabas.
(d) They don't understand why both are betrothed to Abigail.
10. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
(a) He supports the Spanish.
(b) He supports the local government.
(c) He supports the Turks.
(d) He has none.
11. What does Abigail tell Ithamore after he's brought the friar?
(a) Find her father.
(b) Go to bed.
(d) Go outside.
12. What does the second merchant tell Barabas?
(a) That Spanish and Turkish ships were following his ship.
(b) That the ship is in urgent need of repairs.
(c) That the the goods on the ship were destroyed by fire.
(d) That pirates stole the goods and killed most of the sailors.
13. What does Barabas use in his plan against the nuns?
(a) A bowl of boiled potatoes.
(b) A pot of rice porridge.
(c) A jug of wine.
(d) A platter of meat.
14. What does Ithamore do after he's delivered the letters?
(a) He visits a friend.
(b) He returns to Barabas's house.
(c) He goes to a tavern to have a drink.
(d) He hires a prostitute.
15. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
(a) A fly, unseen on the wall.
(b) An expert, stealing with ease.
(c) A star, shining in the east.
(d) A spy, deceiving his enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabas want Ferneze's son dead?
2. Why does the Spanish armada come to Malta?
3. What happens to the duelers?
4. What gets delivered to the nunnery?
5. Who makes the delivery to the nunnery?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)