|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why aren't the prisoners captured by the Spanish allowed to be sold?
(a) For fear that taxes would not be paid.
(b) For fear the Turks would retaliate.
(c) For fear their price would be too high.
(d) For fear the Spanish would retaliate.
2. What does Abigail ask the friar?
(a) If she can return to the nunnery.
(b) If she is worthy to convert.
(c) If she will go to hell if she dies.
(d) If her sins are beyond repentance.
3. What does the male friend of the prostitute want to do when he sees a man approaching them?
(a) Make a deal with the man.
(b) Kill the man approaching.
(c) Run and hide.
(d) Leave the area.
4. How may years tribute do the Turks demand?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
5. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will work hard and earn more money.
(b) He will steal someone else's money.
(c) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
(d) He will haunt the place after he dies.
6. What gets delivered to the nunnery?
(a) A bag of money to take care of his daughter.
(b) A letter asking Abigail to return.
(c) A meal as an offering of peace.
(d) A meal that will kill those who eat it.
7. Who does the governor ask for physical assistance against the Turks?
8. Whom does Barabas warn his slave against trusting?
9. What does Ithamore do after he's delivered the letters?
(a) He returns to Barabas's house.
(b) He goes to a tavern to have a drink.
(c) He hires a prostitute.
(d) He visits a friend.
10. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) What the nuns taught her.
(b) About which religion God approves of.
(c) About where she'll go when she dies.
(d) What will become of her father.
11. What does Barabas think of Catholicism?
(a) That is will replace Judaism.
(b) That is it a legitimate religion.
(c) That it is a form of slavery.
(d) That it's priests and nuns are trustworthy.
12. What does Abigail risk by following Barabas's instructions to retrieve the gold?
13. What does Barabas discover about Abigail?
(a) That she ran away to get married.
(b) That she wants to steal his money.
(c) That she doesn't love him anymore.
(d) That she joined the nunnery.
14. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
15. What is the name of the prostitute?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas use in his plan against the nuns?
2. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
3. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
4. Who has the Spanish armada been fighting?
5. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)