|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the governor and vice-admiral agree?
(a) The Spanish announce their rule over Malta.
(b) The Turkish prisoners are released.
(c) The Spanish prepare to fight the Turks.
(d) The Turkish prisoners are sold.
2. Is Barabas concerned about losing his hidden money?
(a) Yes, because he has no secure place to hide it.
(b) No, he plans to give it to help fight the Turks.
(c) No, because it is well hidden so others can't find it.
(d) Yes, he is worried it will be taken to fight the Turks.
3. Where did the bag and its contents come from?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) Barabas's house.
(c) The monastery.
(d) The senate house.
4. What kind of person is amoral?
(a) One who acts without regard to moral precepts and rules.
(b) One who tells everyone else what to do.
(c) One who asks advice for important decisions.
(d) One who lives according to his own rules.
5. What does Barabas say as he is ruining what Ithamore brings out?
(a) He remarks that revenge will be sweet.
(b) He invokes curses on those who'll be getting it.
(c) He prays those who get it will become ill.
(d) He promises Ithamore a reward for delivering it.
6. Who does Ithamore bring back to the house to see Abigail?
(a) Friar Bernardine.
(b) Friar Jacobs.
(c) Friar Jacomo.
(d) Friar Belmora.
7. What does Barabas plan for the nuns?
(a) To let them live their own lives.
(b) To prove to them that Catholicism is false.
(c) To accuse them of taking Abigail.
(d) To kill them.
8. What gets delivered to the nunnery?
(a) A letter asking Abigail to return.
(b) A meal as an offering of peace.
(c) A meal that will kill those who eat it.
(d) A bag of money to take care of his daughter.
9. How does Barabas react when he learns that Abigail has left his house for good?
(a) He's furious.
(b) He wants to burn the nunnery.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He's wants to remove her from the nunnery.
10. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
11. What does Abigail risk by following Barabas's instructions to retrieve the gold?
12. What exactly is in the bag of the prostitute's friend'?
13. What does Barabas's home become?
(a) A military barracks.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A counting house.
(d) A nunnery.
14. Who supervises the off-loading of the first ship?
(a) Two government officials.
(b) One of Barabas's merchants.
(c) No one.
15. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
(a) A star, shining in the east.
(b) A fly, unseen on the wall.
(c) A spy, deceiving his enemies.
(d) An expert, stealing with ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
2. What does the prostitute think about the man who is approaching?
3. Where does Abigail send Ithamore after he's explained what happened because of the letters?
4. What do the duelists' parents find?
5. What does Barabas tell his slave about himself?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)