|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Marlowe die?
(a) Of old age.
(b) In a duel.
(c) In barroom brawl.
(d) In a sick bed.
2. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
(a) They used his settings.
(b) They used his plots.
(c) They used his themes.
(d) They used his characters.
3. Why is the prostitute depressed?
(a) She's being put out of the city.
(b) She's dying.
(c) She hates her customers.
(d) She has no money.
4. How does Barabas conduct his business?
(a) By following the precepts of Judaism.
(b) By following the precepts of Catholicism.
(c) By following Machevill's recommendations.
(d) By following his own conscience.
5. Why does Barabas prefer to be paid in gold rather than valuable goods?
(a) Goods can be burned or lost.
(b) Gold is as good as money in any nation.
(c) Goods can lose their value.
(d) Gold takes up less space.
6. What does Abigail risk by following Barabas's instructions to retrieve the gold?
7. What does Barabas decide once Abigail has left his house?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To convince her to return.
(c) To let her live her own life.
(d) To prove to her Catholicism is false.
8. What does the male friend of the prostitute want to do when he sees a man approaching them?
(a) Run and hide.
(b) Leave the area.
(c) Kill the man approaching.
(d) Make a deal with the man.
9. How may years tribute do the Turks demand?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Twenty years.
10. What is the name of the slave Barabas buys?
11. What religion is the slave Barabas buys?
12. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
13. How does Barabas conduct his personal life?
(a) By following Machevill's recommendations.
(b) By following his own conscience.
(c) By following the precepts of Judaism.
(d) By following the precepts of Catholicism.
14. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He warns Abigail.
(b) He returns to the house.
(c) He warns the nuns.
(d) He goes to get a drink.
15. What does the prostitute think about the man who is approaching?
(a) That he will be a customer.
(b) That he will arrest them.
(c) That he will steal the bag.
(d) That he is attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabas take on his way to get his gold?
2. Where does Abigail send Ithamore after he's explained what happened because of the letters?
3. Where does Abigail appear to Barabas at the nunnery?
4. What is a counting house?
5. Who is the governor of Malta?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)