|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabas describe Abigail?
(a) A spy, deceiving his enemies.
(b) A fly, unseen on the wall.
(c) A star, shining in the east.
(d) An expert, stealing with ease.
2. What does Abigail realize about father when she learns about the duel?
(a) He should be punished for his wicked deeds.
(b) He doesn't follow his own religion.
(c) He loves his wealth more than he loves her.
(d) He will never repent.
3. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
(a) Through honesty and perseverence.
(b) Through greed and immoral behavior.
(c) Through deception and murder.
(d) Through stealing and blackmail.
4. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will haunt the place after he dies.
(b) He will steal someone else's money.
(c) He will work hard and earn more money.
(d) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
5. What do the duelists' parent have in common?
(a) They don't understand why both are betrothed to Abigail.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They hate Barabas.
(d) They don't understand why there was a duel.
6. Who does Barabas's daughter love?
7. What does Abigail tell the friar she's been thinking about?
(a) What the nuns taught her.
(b) About where she'll go when she dies.
(c) What will become of her father.
(d) About which religion God approves of.
8. Where did the bag and its contents come from?
(a) The senate house.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) Barabas's house.
(d) The monastery.
9. Who is the prostitute's male friend?
10. What does Barabas's character represent?
(a) Greed and stereotyped Catholicism.
(b) Hard work and perseverence.
(c) Greed and stereotyped Judaism.
(d) Egotism and selfishness.
11. How did Barabas arrange for the duel?
(a) He started false rumors about both men.
(b) He betrothed both men to his daughter.
(c) He had both men delivered forged challenges.
(d) He lied to Abigail about each man.
12. Where are the prices of the slaves displayed?
(a) On their foreheads.
(b) On their chests.
(c) On their backs.
(d) On their right arms.
13. Why does Barabas think the Jews were ordered to meet at the senate house?
(a) For the government to imprison them.
(b) For the government to demand their money.
(c) For the government to enlist their aid against the Turks.
(d) For the government to confiscate their houses.
14. What reason does Barabas give for Turks coming into the harbor?
(a) They are stopping for recreation.
(b) They are stopping to demand money.
(c) They are stopping to recruit more sailors.
(d) They are stopping to resupply.
15. Why is the governor happy?
(a) The Spanish have weakened the Turkish forces.
(b) The Spanish have defeated the Turkish forces.
(c) He anticipates being given money.
(d) He anticipates taxes from the presence of the Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
2. What is Abigail worried will happen when she helps her father retrieve his gold?
3. What does Barabas decide once Abigail has left his house?
4. How may years tribute do the Turks demand?
5. What does the prostitute assume is in the bag?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)