|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Barabas's gold hidden?
(a) The local monastery.
(b) A waterfront inn.
(c) His former home.
(d) The senate house.
2. Why does the approaching man pass by the prostitute?
(a) He was not interested in buying her services.
(b) He was late in returning home.
(c) He was worried the male friend might harm him.
(d) He had no money to buy her services.
3. Why is the governor happy?
(a) The Spanish have defeated the Turkish forces.
(b) The Spanish have weakened the Turkish forces.
(c) He anticipates taxes from the presence of the Spanish.
(d) He anticipates being given money.
4. How did Marlowe die?
(a) Of old age.
(b) In a sick bed.
(c) In a duel.
(d) In barroom brawl.
5. Where are the prices of the slaves displayed?
(a) On their right arms.
(b) On their backs.
(c) On their foreheads.
(d) On their chests.
6. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
(a) They and their families' money and possessions will be taken.
(b) They and their families will be sold as slaves.
(c) They and their families will be executed.
(d) They and their families will be deported.
7. What circumstance would want to make Barabas die?
(a) Living in poverty.
(b) The conquering of the city.
(c) His conversion to Catholicism.
(d) The death of his daughter.
8. How may years tribute do the Turks demand?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
9. What does Barabas decide once Abigail has left his house?
(a) To prove to her Catholicism is false.
(b) To convince her to return.
(c) To let her live her own life.
(d) To kill her.
10. After executing Barabas's final step in the plan against the nuns, what does Barabas's accomplice do?
(a) He goes to get a drink.
(b) He returns to the house.
(c) He warns the nuns.
(d) He warns Abigail.
11. What happens to the duelers?
(a) Both walk away unhurt.
(b) One dueler live and the other dies.
(c) Both are slightly wounded.
(d) Both are mortally wounded.
12. How does Barabas get his hidden money?
(a) Abigail hides the gold in a basket of dirty clothes being taken to the laundry.
(b) Abigail drops sacks of gold from a window.
(c) Abigail carries the gold our the front door.
(d) Abigail smuggles the gold out the back door.
13. What does Barabas says he will do if he doesn't recover his money?
(a) He will steal someone else's money.
(b) He will burn the place with everyone inside.
(c) He will work hard and earn more money.
(d) He will haunt the place after he dies.
14. Why does Barabas betroth his daughter to a man she doesn't love?
(a) So he can punish his daughter's unfaithfulness.
(b) So he can execute a plot to kill them both.
(c) So he can satisfy his evil tendencies.
(d) So he can steal the money of both men.
15. What is the name of the prostitute?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
2. Who is the governor of Malta?
3. Why is the prostitute depressed?
4. What gets delivered to the nunnery?
5. What do the duelists' parents find?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)