|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governor agree to let the Spanish stay?
(a) He will become Malta's king.
(b) He will be allowed to live.
(c) He will still be governor.
(d) He will be paid a large amount of money.
2. Who does Barabas enlist to retrieve his money from its hiding place?
3. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
4. What does Abigail ask the friar?
(a) If her sins are beyond repentance.
(b) If she can return to the nunnery.
(c) If she will go to hell if she dies.
(d) If she is worthy to convert.
5. Who approaches the prostitute and her friend while they are talking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a counting house?
2. What does the male friend of the prostitute want to do when he sees a man approaching them?
3. What does Barabas's character represent?
4. Whose heart is broken over Barabas's daughter's decision to become a nun?
5. Whom does Barabas warn his slave against trusting?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)