|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barabas betroth his daughter to a man she doesn't love?
(a) So he can satisfy his evil tendencies.
(b) So he can steal the money of both men.
(c) So he can punish his daughter's unfaithfulness.
(d) So he can execute a plot to kill them both.
2. Where is the man approaching the prostitute and her friend coming from?
(a) He had delivered two invitations.
(b) He had delivered two boxes of food.
(c) He had delivered two forged challenges.
(d) He had delivered two dueling pistols.
3. Why aren't the prisoners captured by the Spanish allowed to be sold?
(a) For fear the Spanish would retaliate.
(b) For fear their price would be too high.
(c) For fear the Turks would retaliate.
(d) For fear that taxes would not be paid.
4. How does Barabas's accomplice gain access to where the money is hidden?
(a) By simply walking in unattended.
(b) By crawling through a broken window.
(c) By lying to the people there.
(d) By knocking out the watchman.
5. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
(a) Through greed and immoral behavior.
(b) Through deception and murder.
(c) Through honesty and perseverence.
(d) Through stealing and blackmail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason was given for the Jews being ordered to meet at the senate house?
2. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
3. Who is the governor of Malta?
4. Why does the Spanish armada come to Malta?
5. What does Barabas take on his way to get his gold?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)