|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Spanish armada come to Malta?
(a) To sell Turkish prisoners.
(b) To take a time of relaxation.
(c) To resupply their vessels.
(d) To trade with their cargo.
2. Why does Mathias's mother not like Jews?
(a) She thinks they'll convert him.
(b) She thinks they're dishonest.
(c) She thinks they're a bad influence.
(d) She thinks they're Christ killers.
3. Why does Barabas betroth his daughter to a man she doesn't love?
(a) So he can satisfy his evil tendencies.
(b) So he can punish his daughter's unfaithfulness.
(c) So he can execute a plot to kill them both.
(d) So he can steal the money of both men.
4. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
(a) He says he is insulted.
(b) He suggests the Spanish protect Malta.
(c) He asks to recruit some Maltese soldiers.
(d) He says he and his ships will leave Malta.
5. What circumstance would want to make Barabas die?
(a) The conquering of the city.
(b) The death of his daughter.
(c) His conversion to Catholicism.
(d) Living in poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses the Spanish visitor's request when he comes to Malta?
2. What happens after the governor and vice-admiral agree?
3. Who does the governor ask for physical assistance against the Turks?
4. How may years tribute do the Turks demand?
5. To whom does Barabas's daughter become betrothed?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)