|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabas feel after he gets his money?
2. What does Barabas's character represent?
(a) Hard work and perseverence.
(b) Greed and stereotyped Catholicism.
(c) Greed and stereotyped Judaism.
(d) Egotism and selfishness.
3. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
(a) All Jews must surrender half their money and convert to Catholicism.
(b) All Jews must enlist in the military to fight the Turks and house soldiers in their homes.
(c) All Jews are being sold as slaves to the Turks and their possessions auctioned.
(d) All Jews have one week to pack personal items only and leave town.
4. Why aren't the prisoners captured by the Spanish allowed to be sold?
(a) For fear their price would be too high.
(b) For fear that taxes would not be paid.
(c) For fear the Spanish would retaliate.
(d) For fear the Turks would retaliate.
5. How does Machevill suggest a person gains power?
(a) Through greed and immoral behavior.
(b) Through stealing and blackmail.
(c) Through deception and murder.
(d) Through honesty and perseverence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vice-admiral respond to the governor's confidence?
2. What does the second merchant tell Barabas?
3. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
4. How does the governor betray Malta?
5. Why may some exact words of Marlowe's plays seem familiar?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)