|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose heart is broken over Barabas's daughter's decision to become a nun?
2. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
(a) They used his settings.
(b) They used his themes.
(c) They used his characters.
(d) They used his plots.
3. Is Barabas concerned about losing his hidden money?
(a) Yes, because he has no secure place to hide it.
(b) No, because it is well hidden so others can't find it.
(c) No, he plans to give it to help fight the Turks.
(d) Yes, he is worried it will be taken to fight the Turks.
4. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
5. What is Barabas's political affiliation?
(a) He supports the Turks.
(b) He has none.
(c) He supports the local government.
(d) He supports the Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a counting house?
2. Who is the governor of Malta?
3. What order does the governor issue concerning the tribute?
4. What happens to Jews who will not comply with the governor's order?
5. Who represents the Turks at the meeting with the Maltese governor?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)