1. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
2. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a palace.
(b) In a barroom.
(c) In a shop.
(d) In a monastary.
3. Why was Marlowe jailed?
(a) He allegedly wrote lies about someone.
(b) He got drunk and started a fight.
(c) He wrote against the Catholic church.
(d) He plotted the governor's murder.
4. How did Marlowe die?
(a) In a duel.
(b) In barroom brawl.
(c) In a sick bed.
(d) Of old age.
5. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
(a) They used his characters.
(b) They used his themes.
(c) They used his plots.
(d) They used his settings.
6. Why may some exact words of Marlowe's plays seem familiar?
(a) Shakespeare stole his exact wording.
(b) Marlowe stole Shakespeare's exact wording.
(c) Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(d) Both Shakespeare and Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
7. What two systems were partnered in Marlowe's time?
(a) Politics and Judaism.
(b) Religion and politics.
(c) Judaism and finance.
(d) Religion and finance.
This section contains 5,165 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)