1. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
2. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a palace.
(b) In a monastary.
(c) In a shop.
(d) In a barroom.
3. Why was Marlowe jailed?
(a) He plotted the governor's murder.
(b) He allegedly wrote lies about someone.
(c) He wrote against the Catholic church.
(d) He got drunk and started a fight.
4. How did Marlowe die?
(a) In barroom brawl.
(b) Of old age.
(c) In a duel.
(d) In a sick bed.
5. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
(a) They used his characters.
(b) They used his themes.
(c) They used his plots.
(d) They used his settings.
6. Why may some exact words of Marlowe's plays seem familiar?
(a) Both Shakespeare and Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(b) Shakespeare stole his exact wording.
(c) Marlowe stole Shakespeare's exact wording.
(d) Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
7. What two systems were partnered in Marlowe's time?
(a) Religion and finance.
(b) Religion and politics.
(c) Judaism and finance.
(d) Politics and Judaism.
This section contains 5,165 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)