1. When was The Jew of Malta first performed?
2. Where did several of Marlowe's plays take place?
(a) In a palace.
(b) In a monastary.
(c) In a barroom.
(d) In a shop.
3. Why was Marlowe jailed?
(a) He allegedly wrote lies about someone.
(b) He wrote against the Catholic church.
(c) He got drunk and started a fight.
(d) He plotted the governor's murder.
4. How did Marlowe die?
(a) In a duel.
(b) Of old age.
(c) In a sick bed.
(d) In barroom brawl.
5. What did other playwrights get from Marlowe?
(a) They used his themes.
(b) They used his characters.
(c) They used his plots.
(d) They used his settings.
6. Why may some exact words of Marlowe's plays seem familiar?
(a) Both Shakespeare and Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(b) Marlowe stole exact wording from the Bible.
(c) Marlowe stole Shakespeare's exact wording.
(d) Shakespeare stole his exact wording.
7. What two systems were partnered in Marlowe's time?
(a) Judaism and finance.
(b) Politics and Judaism.
(c) Religion and politics.
(d) Religion and finance.
This section contains 5,165 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)