Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Englishman Christopher Marlow wrote the play The Jew of Malta.
* The play was first performed in 1592.
* Marlowe's character Machevill introduces the play by praising greed and amoral behavior.
* Marlow introduces the play's main character Barabas, a Jew, who has obtained his wealth by following Machevill's recommendations.
Act 1, Scene 1 Abstract
* Barabas inspects his gold and...
This section contains 1,587 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)