Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never stated regarding Jesus?
2. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
3. What does the council offer to pay Judas for telling them where to find Jesus on Thursday?
4. Who does Jesus see suspended above him in a cage?
5. What does Judas call Mary Magdalene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Jesus and God in the Garden of Gethsemane?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
4. How does Judas act in front of the council?
5. What takes place after Jesus enters?
6. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to the African American male leaning on the wall?
According to the Gospels, Judas is Jesus' treasurer.
Part 1) How is this position significant? Why might Jesus have given him this responsibility?
Part 2) How does the significance of Judas' position make his actions toward Jesus even more tragic?
Part 3) Why does Judas do what he does? What does this reveal about humanity?
Judas cares only about himself.
Part 1) Why is he selfish? Is he only portrayed as being selfish? Why or why not?
Part 2) To what does this selfishness lead? Why?
Part 3) How can the audience relate to this character? How have the playwrights created this character's personality to be more easily understood by the audience?
The disciples are men of their time.
Part 1) How are the men of their time? Why would Jesus choose such men to be his disciples?
Part 2) How does their behavior affect Jesus' life? Is this what Jesus wanted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these men play a role in God's plan?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)