Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never stated regarding Jesus?
2. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
3. What does the council offer to pay Judas for telling them where to find Jesus on Thursday?
4. Who does Jesus see suspended above him in a cage?
5. What does Judas call Mary Magdalene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Jesus and God in the Garden of Gethsemane?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
4. How does Judas act in front of the council?
5. What takes place after Jesus enters?
6. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to the African American male leaning on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
In Act 1, Scene 14, as Mary Magdalene is washing Jesus' feet, he is dressed all in white.
Part 1) Why does she wash his feet? What does this symbolize?
Part 2) What is symbolic about his white clothing?
Part 3) How has Jesus' clothing changed throughout the musical? Why? How is it related to the plot and changes in his character?
Essay Topic 2
According to the Gospels, Judas is Jesus' treasurer.
Part 1) How is this position significant? Why might Jesus have given him this responsibility?
Part 2) How does the significance of Judas' position make his actions toward Jesus even more tragic?
Part 3) Why does Judas do what he does? What does this reveal about humanity?
Essay Topic 3
Males are selected as disciples.
Part 1) Why are males selected? Do women serve any purpose for Jesus? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 2) What does this reveal about society at the time?
Part 3) Are these men special? Why or why not?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)