|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Pilate's bed.
2. What does Jesus bemoan?
3. How does Jesus respond to Judas?
4. Who follows the disciples?
5. About what is Judas concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Bible verse that is read?
2. How do the disciples feel at the beginning of this scene?
3. How does Caiaphas respond to Judas' reaction?
4. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
5. Where does Judas go after leaving Jesus and Mary?
6. How does Judas betray Jesus?
7. What does Judas try to do while he is here?
8. How does Jesus reply when Caiaphas and Annas appear on the second level and ask him to disperse the crowd?
9. What does Mary Magdalene ask Peter? What is his response?
10. What can Mary Magdalene not resolve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pontius Pilate wants to help Jesus.
Part 1) Why does he want to help Jesus? Is he able to? Why or why not?
Part 2) Should Pilate feel guilty about Jesus' death? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you were Pilate, what would you have done? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In Act 1, Scene 13, the council members and Judas are all in black.
Part 1) Why are they all in black? What does it symbolize? What does this reveal about Judas?
Part 2) What takes place in this scene? Could Judas' actions have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The lighting in Act 1, Scene 6, with the Council of Jewish Priests, is dark.
Part 1) Why is it dark? What does it symbolize?
Part 2) How does the lighting, set, and costuming enhance the story?
Part 3) Why do the writers choose this specific lighting, set, and costuming?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)