|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jesus dressed?
2. Why do the heavily-armored Roman troops and Annas appear on the main stage?
3. What does Judas say about Mary's presence?
4. With what does he sleep?
5. Why do the people in his dream act this way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. What is the music being played?
3. To where is Jesus taken? Describe this setting.
4. How do the disciples feel at the beginning of this scene?
5. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
6. How does the scene end?
7. What can Mary Magdalene not resolve?
8. How does the movie of this rock opera open?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What does Mary Magdalene ask Peter? What is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
The crowd in Act 1, Scene 7, cheers for Jesus.
Part 1) What do they cheer? Why do they cheer this?
Part 2) How do their cheers affect Jesus' life?
Part 3) How does this cheering make later events more dramatic and tragic?
Essay Topic 3
According to the Gospels, Judas is Jesus' treasurer.
Part 1) How is this position significant? Why might Jesus have given him this responsibility?
Part 2) How does the significance of Judas' position make his actions toward Jesus even more tragic?
Part 3) Why does Judas do what he does? What does this reveal about humanity?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)