Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never stated regarding Jesus?
2. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
3. What does the council offer to pay Judas for telling them where to find Jesus on Thursday?
4. Who does Jesus see suspended above him in a cage?
5. What does Judas call Mary Magdalene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Jesus and God in the Garden of Gethsemane?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
4. How does Judas act in front of the council?
5. What takes place after Jesus enters?
6. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to the African American male leaning on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
The Temple of God in Jerusalem is supposed to be used for worshiping God.
Part 1) For what is it being used? Why?
Part 2) How does Jesus react to this? Why does he react this way? Is this an effective reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are religious organizations and structures used for similar purposes? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The stage production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR is an updated version of the Biblical story.
Part 1) Why has this story been updated? Was this necessary? Why or why not?
Part 2) What message does this updated version send, besides the known story?
Part 3) How could audiences of the 1960s and 1970s relate to this story? Is it still relevant today? Why or why not? Would you suggest another updating? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
This section contains 1,970 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)