|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judas try to get Jesus to do?
2. Describe Pilate's bed.
3. What does Simon Zealotes give out?
4. How does Jesus appear as he sinks to the floor?
5. By whom is Jesus surrounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
2. What has Pilate dreamed?
3. What takes place during the beginning of this scene?
4. What appears in front of Judas? What does Judas do with this?
5. Who does Judas blame for his actions?
6. What is Judas doing during this scene? What can the audience tell by his actions and facial expressions?
7. What does Mary Magdalene ask Peter? What is his response?
8. Describe the setting and the beginning of the scene.
9. With what is Judas concerned?
10. Where does Judas go after leaving Jesus and Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pontius Pilate wants to help Jesus.
Part 1) Why does he want to help Jesus? Is he able to? Why or why not?
Part 2) Should Pilate feel guilty about Jesus' death? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you were Pilate, what would you have done? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Males are selected as disciples.
Part 1) Why are males selected? Do women serve any purpose for Jesus? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 2) What does this reveal about society at the time?
Part 3) Are these men special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The story ends with Jesus' burial.
Part 1) Why does the story end here? How have the events leading to the end of Jesus' life been altered?
Part 2) Are the alterations necessary? Do they improve the story or the understanding of the story? Why or why not?
Part 3) What message is the audience left with at the end of this musical? Why?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)