|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jesus appear as he sinks to the floor?
2. Where do they sit?
3. Why does Judas feel this way about Mary's presence?
4. What can Jesus not do?
5. With what does he sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the movie of this rock opera open?
2. What do the sick do to Jesus?
3. Describe Mary Magdalene.
4. What is the Bible verse that is read?
5. What does Judas say to Jesus?
6. How does the scene end?
7. How does Judas betray Jesus?
8. How does Caiaphas respond to Judas' reaction?
9. Where is the group located? What day is it?
10. What is the crowd doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 1, Scene 14, as Mary Magdalene is washing Jesus' feet, he is dressed all in white.
Part 1) Why does she wash his feet? What does this symbolize?
Part 2) What is symbolic about his white clothing?
Part 3) How has Jesus' clothing changed throughout the musical? Why? How is it related to the plot and changes in his character?
Essay Topic 2
According to the Gospels, Judas is Jesus' treasurer.
Part 1) How is this position significant? Why might Jesus have given him this responsibility?
Part 2) How does the significance of Judas' position make his actions toward Jesus even more tragic?
Part 3) Why does Judas do what he does? What does this reveal about humanity?
Essay Topic 3
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)