|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are they all dressed?
2. With what does he sleep?
3. How are Jesus and Judas left to confront each other with their eyes?
4. How is Jesus dressed?
5. By whom is Jesus surrounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus think about the rebellion plans?
2. What has Judas decided to do? Why?
3. Where is the group located? What day is it?
4. With whom has Judas returned?
5. What takes place during the beginning of this scene?
6. Why does Pontius Pilate become angry?
7. What does the group want to know?
8. What does Simon want to do with Jesus' 50,000 followers?
9. What is Jesus trying to do at the beginning of this scene?
10. What is the music being played?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
Pontius Pilate wants to help Jesus.
Part 1) Why does he want to help Jesus? Is he able to? Why or why not?
Part 2) Should Pilate feel guilty about Jesus' death? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you were Pilate, what would you have done? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jesus as human and lacking divinity has been one of the concepts of Jesus' life throughout history.
Part 1) Why is this a concept? How is it revealed in this story?
Part 2) What is Webber and Rice's take on the divinity of Jesus? How do you know this?
Part 3) What message do Webber and Rice send to the audience about Jesus? What is their purpose for creating this musical?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)