|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the set at the beginning of the first scene.
2. Where do they sit?
3. What do a dancer and the warrior enter and do?
4. What do Jesus' multitude of followers, including children, sing?
5. What happens to Jesus at the end of the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. Describe Mary Magdalene.
3. What takes place as Jesus' disciples enter?
4. To where is Jesus taken? Describe this setting.
5. What has Pilate dreamed?
6. What is the music being played?
7. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
8. With whom has Judas returned?
9. How is Jesus' crucifixion viewed?
10. How does Caiaphas respond to Judas' reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
Judas cares only about himself.
Part 1) Why is he selfish? Is he only portrayed as being selfish? Why or why not?
Part 2) To what does this selfishness lead? Why?
Part 3) How can the audience relate to this character? How have the playwrights created this character's personality to be more easily understood by the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Jesus presides at what is called the "Last Supper."
Part 1) What takes place at this last supper? What are your thoughts on this last supper?
Part 2) Compare Jesus' character at this point to the disciples.
Part 3) How dose this event lead to Jesus' subsequent and inevitable death?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)