|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never stated regarding Jesus?
2. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
3. What does the council offer to pay Judas for telling them where to find Jesus on Thursday?
4. Who does Jesus see suspended above him in a cage?
5. What does Judas call Mary Magdalene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Jesus and God in the Garden of Gethsemane?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
4. How does Judas act in front of the council?
5. What takes place after Jesus enters?
6. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to the African American male leaning on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Jesus becomes upset with his disciples.
Part 1) Why does he become upset with them? Does he have good reasons to be upset with them?
Part 2) Do you believe God is upset with Jesus disciples? Why or why not?
Part 3) What effect does Jesus' anger have on them? How do Jesus' emotions aid the audience in relating to him?
Essay Topic 2
The issue presented is what is meant by the Kingdom of God.
Part 1) Of what kingdom do the people believe Jesus speaks? Why do they believe this?
Part 2) Of what kingdom does Jesus speak? How does this compare to what the people believe?
Part 3) To what conclusion to this issue do Webber, Rice, and their musical come? Do you agree with their interpretation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The stage production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR is an updated version of the Biblical story.
Part 1) Why has this story been updated? Was this necessary? Why or why not?
Part 2) What message does this updated version send, besides the known story?
Part 3) How could audiences of the 1960s and 1970s relate to this story? Is it still relevant today? Why or why not? Would you suggest another updating? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,970 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)