|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
2. How does Jesus respond to Judas?
3. Where does Judas exit and run?
4. How would all of the disciples have looked?
5. Describe the warrior that enters.
Short Essay Questions
1. What appears in front of Judas? What does Judas do with this?
2. Where is the group located? What day is it?
3. How does Judas act in front of the council?
4. Where does Judas go after leaving Jesus and Mary?
5. What has Judas decided to do? Why?
6. What does the group want to know?
7. What does Judas think of Mary Magdalene? Why does he feel this way?
8. With what is Judas concerned?
9. How does Caiaphas respond to Judas' reaction?
10. What does Judas say to Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
Jesus becomes upset with his disciples.
Part 1) Why does he become upset with them? Does he have good reasons to be upset with them?
Part 2) Do you believe God is upset with Jesus disciples? Why or why not?
Part 3) What effect does Jesus' anger have on them? How do Jesus' emotions aid the audience in relating to him?
Essay Topic 3
The lighting in Act 1, Scene 6, with the Council of Jewish Priests, is dark.
Part 1) Why is it dark? What does it symbolize?
Part 2) How does the lighting, set, and costuming enhance the story?
Part 3) Why do the writers choose this specific lighting, set, and costuming?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)