|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Mary not resolve?
2. How does Pilate feel about this dream?
3. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
4. What can be seen adorning the pillars?
5. Where does Simon climb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the characters who enter this scene.
2. How does Jesus respond when Pilate asks him about his kingdom?
3. How does the scene end?
4. What appears in front of Judas? What does Judas do with this?
5. How does Jesus reply when Caiaphas and Annas appear on the second level and ask him to disperse the crowd?
6. What can Mary Magdalene not resolve?
7. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
8. What does Jesus think about the rebellion plans?
9. What has Pilate dreamed?
10. What takes place during the beginning of this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Males are selected as disciples.
Part 1) Why are males selected? Do women serve any purpose for Jesus? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 2) What does this reveal about society at the time?
Part 3) Are these men special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Act 2, Scene 2, Jesus' humanity is now clear.
Part 1) How is it now clear? Why is his humanity revealed?
Part 2) Does Jesus speak to God in a way you would expect? Why or why not?
Part 3) What changes take place in Jesus during this scene? Why do they take place?
Essay Topic 3
The disciples are men of their time.
Part 1) How are the men of their time? Why would Jesus choose such men to be his disciples?
Part 2) How does their behavior affect Jesus' life? Is this what Jesus wanted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these men play a role in God's plan?
This section contains 1,783 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)