|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judas try to weasel out of what he has planned?
2. Who, all dressed in gray or a very drab green, approach Jesus from everywhere asking to be healed?
3. What does Mary sing as Jesus is sleeping on a mat on the floor?
4. How is Jesus dressed?
5. What do they all want to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary Magdalene.
2. What is the music being played?
3. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
4. How does the scene end?
5. What does Simon want to do with Jesus' 50,000 followers?
6. How does Jesus reply when Caiaphas and Annas appear on the second level and ask him to disperse the crowd?
7. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
8. How does the council room reflect the personalities of the council members?
9. What do the other disciples do? What happens to Jesus?
10. Describe the characters who enter this scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is conflict between Jesus and Judas.
Part 1) Describe this conflict? Why does it take place?
Part 2) What are your thoughts about this conflict? Explain.
Part 3) How does this conflict help the plot progress? Is this conflict necessary to this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
According to the Gospels, Judas is Jesus' treasurer.
Part 1) How is this position significant? Why might Jesus have given him this responsibility?
Part 2) How does the significance of Judas' position make his actions toward Jesus even more tragic?
Part 3) Why does Judas do what he does? What does this reveal about humanity?
Essay Topic 3
Males are selected as disciples.
Part 1) Why are males selected? Do women serve any purpose for Jesus? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 2) What does this reveal about society at the time?
Part 3) Are these men special? Why or why not?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)