|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jesus at the end of the scene?
2. What can Mary not resolve?
3. What does Jesus wear?
4. What does Mary Magdalene do for Jesus?
5. What does Jesus say one has to do to conquer death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
3. How does Jesus reply when Caiaphas and Annas appear on the second level and ask him to disperse the crowd?
4. What can Mary Magdalene not resolve?
5. What does Jesus think about the rebellion plans?
6. Who does Judas blame for his actions?
7. What does Judas say to Jesus?
8. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
9. What is the music being played?
10. Describe Judas and Jesus' entrance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The disciples are men of their time.
Part 1) How are the men of their time? Why would Jesus choose such men to be his disciples?
Part 2) How does their behavior affect Jesus' life? Is this what Jesus wanted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these men play a role in God's plan?
Essay Topic 2
The stage production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR is an updated version of the Biblical story.
Part 1) Why has this story been updated? Was this necessary? Why or why not?
Part 2) What message does this updated version send, besides the known story?
Part 3) How could audiences of the 1960s and 1970s relate to this story? Is it still relevant today? Why or why not? Would you suggest another updating? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jesus as human and lacking divinity has been one of the concepts of Jesus' life throughout history.
Part 1) Why is this a concept? How is it revealed in this story?
Part 2) What is Webber and Rice's take on the divinity of Jesus? How do you know this?
Part 3) What message do Webber and Rice send to the audience about Jesus? What is their purpose for creating this musical?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)