|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
2. What then illuminates the space?
3. How are Jesus and Judas left to confront each other with their eyes?
4. What is a cross design made up of?
5. Where does Judas exit and run?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus think about the rebellion plans?
2. How does the council room reflect the personalities of the council members?
3. What does Judas say to Jesus?
4. How does Jesus respond when Pilate asks him about his kingdom?
5. Where does Judas go after leaving Jesus and Mary?
6. How do the disciples feel at the beginning of this scene?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. What do the sick do to Jesus?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What does Herod ask of Jesus? What is Jesus' response? What is Herod's reaction to Jesus' response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 2, Scene 2, Jesus' humanity is now clear.
Part 1) How is it now clear? Why is his humanity revealed?
Part 2) Does Jesus speak to God in a way you would expect? Why or why not?
Part 3) What changes take place in Jesus during this scene? Why do they take place?
Essay Topic 2
Jesus as human and lacking divinity has been one of the concepts of Jesus' life throughout history.
Part 1) Why is this a concept? How is it revealed in this story?
Part 2) What is Webber and Rice's take on the divinity of Jesus? How do you know this?
Part 3) What message do Webber and Rice send to the audience about Jesus? What is their purpose for creating this musical?
Essay Topic 3
Judas cares only about himself.
Part 1) Why is he selfish? Is he only portrayed as being selfish? Why or why not?
Part 2) To what does this selfishness lead? Why?
Part 3) How can the audience relate to this character? How have the playwrights created this character's personality to be more easily understood by the audience?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)