|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jesus' disciples enter and pass out?
2. What does Simon want to do?
3. What does Jesus say one has to do to conquer death?
4. What are the dancers continually doing?
5. What do Jesus' multitude of followers, including children, sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
2. With what is Judas concerned?
3. How does the scene open?
4. What is happening to Jesus during this scene?
5. Where is the group located? What day is it?
6. How do the disciples feel at the beginning of this scene?
7. What does Jesus think about the rebellion plans?
8. What is the crowd doing?
9. How does Judas act in front of the council?
10. What is Judas doing during this scene? What can the audience tell by his actions and facial expressions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The issue presented is what is meant by the Kingdom of God.
Part 1) Of what kingdom do the people believe Jesus speaks? Why do they believe this?
Part 2) Of what kingdom does Jesus speak? How does this compare to what the people believe?
Part 3) To what conclusion to this issue do Webber, Rice, and their musical come? Do you agree with their interpretation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The disciples are men of their time.
Part 1) How are the men of their time? Why would Jesus choose such men to be his disciples?
Part 2) How does their behavior affect Jesus' life? Is this what Jesus wanted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these men play a role in God's plan?
Essay Topic 3
Judas cares only about himself.
Part 1) Why is he selfish? Is he only portrayed as being selfish? Why or why not?
Part 2) To what does this selfishness lead? Why?
Part 3) How can the audience relate to this character? How have the playwrights created this character's personality to be more easily understood by the audience?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)