|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be seen adorning the pillars?
2. Why has Jesus selected male disciples?
3. How is Jesus allowed to be seen?
4. How does Judas try to weasel out of what he has planned?
5. Who does Jesus first confront?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Bible verse that is read?
2. How does the council room reflect the personalities of the council members?
3. What do the sick do to Jesus?
4. What does Judas say to Jesus?
5. What does Judas think about the money spent on oil to anoint Jesus' feet and hair? What is Jesus' reply?
6. What does Peter do in this scene, as Jesus predicted?
7. Who does Judas blame for his actions?
8. What does Judas think of Mary Magdalene? Why does he feel this way?
9. What is the council doing in this scene?
10. How do the disciples feel at the beginning of this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 2, Scene 2, Jesus' humanity is now clear.
Part 1) How is it now clear? Why is his humanity revealed?
Part 2) Does Jesus speak to God in a way you would expect? Why or why not?
Part 3) What changes take place in Jesus during this scene? Why do they take place?
Essay Topic 2
The Temple of God in Jerusalem is supposed to be used for worshiping God.
Part 1) For what is it being used? Why?
Part 2) How does Jesus react to this? Why does he react this way? Is this an effective reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are religious organizations and structures used for similar purposes? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jesus becomes upset with his disciples.
Part 1) Why does he become upset with them? Does he have good reasons to be upset with them?
Part 2) Do you believe God is upset with Jesus disciples? Why or why not?
Part 3) What effect does Jesus' anger have on them? How do Jesus' emotions aid the audience in relating to him?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)