|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Zealotes give out?
2. Who is the first to enter?
3. How are Jesus and Judas left to confront each other with their eyes?
4. About what is Judas concerned?
5. What does Jesus wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judas think about the money spent on oil to anoint Jesus' feet and hair? What is Jesus' reply?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What happens to Pilate at the beginning of this scene?
4. How does the scene open?
5. How does the scene end?
6. How does the council room reflect the personalities of the council members?
7. What has Pilate dreamed?
8. What is the crowd doing?
9. What takes place after Jesus enters?
10. Why is Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate again?
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
Jesus as human and lacking divinity has been one of the concepts of Jesus' life throughout history.
Part 1) Why is this a concept? How is it revealed in this story?
Part 2) What is Webber and Rice's take on the divinity of Jesus? How do you know this?
Part 3) What message do Webber and Rice send to the audience about Jesus? What is their purpose for creating this musical?
Essay Topic 3
According to the Gospels, Judas is Jesus' treasurer.
Part 1) How is this position significant? Why might Jesus have given him this responsibility?
Part 2) How does the significance of Judas' position make his actions toward Jesus even more tragic?
Part 3) Why does Judas do what he does? What does this reveal about humanity?
This section contains 1,856 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)