|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men respond to Jesus?
2. Describe Jesus' build.
3. What do Jesus' disciples enter and pass out?
4. About what is Judas concerned?
5. What is never stated regarding Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other disciples do? What happens to Jesus?
2. How does the council room reflect the personalities of the council members?
3. What does Jesus think about the rebellion plans?
4. What has Judas decided to do? Why?
5. How does the scene end?
6. What does Judas think about the money spent on oil to anoint Jesus' feet and hair? What is Jesus' reply?
7. Describe the characters who enter this scene.
8. How does the scene open?
9. What happens after Jesus speaks to God?
10. What does Jesus think about his disciples by the end of this scene? What is their response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jesus as human and lacking divinity has been one of the concepts of Jesus' life throughout history.
Part 1) Why is this a concept? How is it revealed in this story?
Part 2) What is Webber and Rice's take on the divinity of Jesus? How do you know this?
Part 3) What message do Webber and Rice send to the audience about Jesus? What is their purpose for creating this musical?
Essay Topic 2
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 3
The issue presented is what is meant by the Kingdom of God.
Part 1) Of what kingdom do the people believe Jesus speaks? Why do they believe this?
Part 2) Of what kingdom does Jesus speak? How does this compare to what the people believe?
Part 3) To what conclusion to this issue do Webber, Rice, and their musical come? Do you agree with their interpretation? Why or why not?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)