|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What then illuminates the space?
2. What does Simon Zealotes give out?
3. What does Mary Magdalene do for Jesus?
4. Of what are there also many?
5. Judas tells Mary and Jesus that the 300 silver pieces the ointment cost should have been used to _______________ instead of being wasted on Jesus' hair and feet.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the group located? What day is it?
2. What is Judas doing? What is Mary Magdalene doing? Describe Jesus.
3. How does Jesus respond when Pilate asks him about his kingdom?
4. Describe Judas and Jesus' entrance.
5. How does this scene begin?
6. Describe the characters who enter this scene.
7. What do the sick do to Jesus?
8. What happens to the African American male leaning on the wall?
9. How is Jesus' crucifixion viewed?
10. What takes place as Jesus' disciples enter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judas cares only about himself.
Part 1) Why is he selfish? Is he only portrayed as being selfish? Why or why not?
Part 2) To what does this selfishness lead? Why?
Part 3) How can the audience relate to this character? How have the playwrights created this character's personality to be more easily understood by the audience?
Essay Topic 2
In Act 1, Scene 13, the council members and Judas are all in black.
Part 1) Why are they all in black? What does it symbolize? What does this reveal about Judas?
Part 2) What takes place in this scene? Could Judas' actions have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The disciples are men of their time.
Part 1) How are the men of their time? Why would Jesus choose such men to be his disciples?
Part 2) How does their behavior affect Jesus' life? Is this what Jesus wanted? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these men play a role in God's plan?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)