|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it?
2. How does this make Mary feel?
3. Why does Judas feel this way about Mary's presence?
4. Who, all dressed in gray or a very drab green, approach Jesus from everywhere asking to be healed?
5. How do the men respond to Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesus respond when Pilate asks him about his kingdom?
2. What is the music being played?
3. How does the council room reflect the personalities of the council members?
4. Describe Mary Magdalene.
5. How does Jesus reply when Caiaphas and Annas appear on the second level and ask him to disperse the crowd?
6. Where is the group located? What day is it?
7. What takes place during the beginning of this scene?
8. What is Judas doing during this scene? What can the audience tell by his actions and facial expressions?
9. What does Judas say to Jesus?
10. Who does Judas blame for his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 6 takes place in Herod's Casino and Dance Hall.
Part 1) Describe this setting. Why did the authors create this as the setting?
Part 2) How does this setting enhance Herod's character and personality?
Part 3) Compare this set to others. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
The stage production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR is an updated version of the Biblical story.
Part 1) Why has this story been updated? Was this necessary? Why or why not?
Part 2) What message does this updated version send, besides the known story?
Part 3) How could audiences of the 1960s and 1970s relate to this story? Is it still relevant today? Why or why not? Would you suggest another updating? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pontius Pilate wants to help Jesus.
Part 1) Why does he want to help Jesus? Is he able to? Why or why not?
Part 2) Should Pilate feel guilty about Jesus' death? Why or why not?
Part 3) If you were Pilate, what would you have done? Why?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)