|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is Jesus surrounded?
2. What causes Mary Magdalene to slap Judas?
(a) When he slaps her first.
(b) When he grabs her.
(c) When he calls her a prostitute.
(d) When he nuzzles her.
3. Why is there a racial mixture in the rock opera?
(a) It was updated by the writers to be politically correct for the 1960's.
(b) The writers wanted to show the various cultures in existence.
(c) The writers wanted to give more performers an opportunity to be in the show.
(d) Jesus' disciples were of many different races.
4. How does the audience find Judas?
(a) Leaning against a wall, shaking his head.
(b) Watching Jesus from the top of a pillar.
(c) Crying in a corner.
(d) Standing next to Jesus.
5. Judas tells Mary and Jesus that the 300 silver pieces the ointment cost should have been used to _______________ instead of being wasted on Jesus' hair and feet.
(a) Help the poor.
(b) Buy food for the disciples.
(c) Buy new clothes.
(d) Feed the followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judas believe Jesus should have done?
2. Why does Judas feel this way about Mary's presence?
3. What is a cross design made up of?
4. What does Judas say about Mary's presence?
5. What can Jesus not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus think about his disciples by the end of this scene? What is their response?
2. Who does Judas blame for his actions?
3. What does Judas think of Mary Magdalene? Why does he feel this way?
4. What is the crowd doing?
5. What happens after Jesus speaks to God?
6. What do the other disciples do? What happens to Jesus?
7. What does Herod ask of Jesus? What is Jesus' response? What is Herod's reaction to Jesus' response?
8. What takes place as Jesus' disciples enter?
9. Why does Pontius Pilate become angry?
10. What is Judas doing during this scene? What can the audience tell by his actions and facial expressions?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)